*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
It's clear the reviews skew upwards in fear of being lambasted by the fans, same as all major darling studios. For me what I could forgive in TW3 wrt basic gameplay I cannot forgive here anymore. They have been in a position to do better, have all the advantages they could want & need. If they still ****** that up, then **** 'em. Writing alone won't win me over, I can go read books for that.

Soldato
I love the hate for the 3090 in here :D

Love mine, now it's all snug as a bug between a waterblock and decent backplate, living it large in my custom loop... People really hate on those that spend money how they want.

I wouldn't worry about the 3070 peasants, us 3090 folk are the Kings :D

Soldato
This thread got weird quite quickly.
On performance, the game is not released yet. Reviewers copies are not the finished product and judging the game based on that is mad.

Not read any reviews and will wait to make my own mind up on Thursday.

and I am not a virgin. I have spawn, just she went to the Darkside...

Soldato
Trying to think what to do first, going on a rampage in a car or bike seems the most fun. Do wonder what the police (or whatever forces we have in game) reaction will be.

Soldato
Moron youve not even played it yet

lolol After months and months of people saying with apparent conviction that this will be "the game of the millenium" and other such nonsense, someone gets labelled a moron for reacting to actual reviews that seem to suggest it might have been overhyped. We've done it boys, we've reached hype-ception

Now we just need the director at CDPR to peel off his rubber mask... "PETER MOLYNEAUX??!?!" "Yes, it was me all along, how else do you think we could have generated this much hype" :p

Soldato
I don't think Peter Molyneux could pull off CP2077. He'd have disappeared up his own behind years ago

Haha, true enough... I met the man once when I was working in QA at Lionhead, he was a total jerk

So much of the hype building is Molyneux-esque though (but fan generated)... "You will be able to go inside every single building/structure" (we'll see about that)... "Every single NPC you see on the street will be fully voiced with unique dialogue options" (again, likely a stretch)... "You'll be able to knock an acorn off a tree and then watch it grow into another tree across its lifetime in the game" (oh wait, that was in Fable, my mistake)

Associate
The reviews are ostensibly not "so so" unless you choose to only take the weaker ones into account.
Longevity is plenty based on what I've read. One reviewer stated that a side quest was offered to him but not to another player based on one thing they said to some NPC off hand hours before. If that's anything to go by, which it is, then you won't be seeing much of the game in one run through, let alone all 6(+?) endings

Yeah, each to their own. Still tempted by it for aesthetics but still think there's a touch of over hype about it.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
lolol After months and months of people saying with apparent conviction that this will be "the game of the millenium" and other such nonsense, someone gets labelled a moron for reacting to actual reviews that seem to suggest it might have been overhyped. We've done it boys, we've reached hype-ception

Now we just need the director at CDPR to peel off his rubber mask... "PETER MOLYNEAUX??!?!" "Yes, it was me all along, how else do you think we could have generated this much hype" :p
I still think it will be. At the worst it may take them a while to sort out bugs and further optimise but eventually when we have that GOTY edition with all the expansions it will be that game. For me anyway as it is exactly my type of game as I really like Deus Ex games.

Soldato
I still think it will be. At the worst it may take them a while to sort out bugs and further optimise but eventually when we have that GOTY edition with all the expansions it will be that game. For me anyway as it is exactly my type of game as I really like Deus Ex games.

The dystopian cyberpunk future kind of thing is absolutely my favourite genre as well, big Deus Ex fan too, really enjoyed Witcher 3, certainly have reasonable hopes/expectations for this game. But I've also been playing games long enough to know that until a game has released and had a bit of time in people's hands you can't say anything about how good of a game it truly is, you can't trust games media, you can't trust "leaks" and rumour, and time and time again very promising games on paper and previews have turned out to be highly disappointing. I agree with you, a GOTY edition of this with all DLC for £12 in a couple of years time and with all the issues ironed out by the initial testers players will likely be a pretty decent-to-good game

Soldato
Ok all preloaded.

From some of the performance reviews, its seems that my 3080 at 3440 1440 (RT and DLSS) and ultra should allow me to maintain a steady 60 fps.

Lets see.

I assume we will see another Nvidia driver drop before or on Thursday.

Soldato
Certainly an interesting mix here. At one end of the scale the people who desperately want there to be issued and to say I told you so, and at the other end those who are so looking forward to it that they are slightly in denial about issues highlighted, what do reviewers know anyway, it's not even the final build etc.

People certainly seem to be putting a lot of faith in the day one patch, not sure how much will have been improved/fixed in the last few weeks after 8 years of development.

I'm in the middle I think, I was really excited about the game, but not sure I want to spend £50 on it right now.

Caporegime
Certainly an interesting mix here. At one end of the scale the people who desperately want there to be issued and to say I told you so, and at the other end those who are so looking forward to it that they are slightly in denial about issues highlighted, what do reviewers know anyway, it's not even the final build etc.

People certainly seem to be putting a lot of faith in the day one patch, not sure how much will have been improved/fixed in the last few weeks after 8 years of development.

I'm in the middle I think, I was really excited about the game, but not sure I want to spend £50 on it right now.
I think allowing reviewers to test a build which is weeks, if not potentially three months old depending on patching was going to give reviewers ammunition due to the bugs. The real day 0 patch will likely resolve the majority of those bugs. A strange decision by CDPR imo but I guess they wanted reviews out there before launch.

Soldato
Listened to Waypoint podcast this morning. Considering they have been bashing CD Projekt Red for over a year due to working conditions / Crunch culture and then slamming them as trans-phobic etc. Surprisingly positive review from Rob Zacny.

Most of the complaints are really down to the source material being a little dated now. Due to technology in real life kind of overtaking some of the future predictions from the 80s. Race and gender not being tackled in the story telling which was half negative but half positive because they were worried it would be a disaster.

Game play was good especially if you increase the difficulty so that you have to think on your feet quickly. Also mentioned the game looks terrible if you leave all the settings that I would say the majority of us turn off straight away anyway:

• Film Grain
  • Chromatic Aberration
  • Depth of field
  • Motion Blur

Soldato
The only and best oevrall spoiler-free (IMO) review of the pre-day 1 PC patch review I have seen. He mentions side quests toward the latter of the vid and that labelling them as "side" is a bit confusing as completing side quests actually has a direct implication on how the main story elements plays out.
IGN said the same. Seems 'main story' can be completed pretty quickly, but the more 'side missions' you do open up options on how the ending pans out. No idea what that really means having not played the game, but I'm imagining something like Mass Effect 2 where the side missions are actually important to your crews survival in the end game.

Soldato
Part of what I disliked about PC Gamer's review, drivel about capitalism and representation of ethnic minorities and trans people aside, was that they stated they received the first major patch maybe halfway through the review period yet I didn't see any mention of how much this improved things or any clarification as to whether issues they came across occurred prior to or after the patch
They also conflated day 0 patch with day 1 patch because they clearly don't understand what "this is what players will experience at launch" means. Now we have people parroting them saying there's only one large patch

Sure I read the first patch is 43gb. So whats the one after like ?

I guess if you download and install it then it patches itself straight away then they think this is part of the install, not an install + 0 day patch

I know this is the norm nowadays but still shows when it went "gold" it wasnt ready/finished.

Back
Top Bottom