*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Hmm, I wonder how my 1080ti will are at 3440x1440 as the PS5 is a contender now as that is arriving today also. Decisions, decision...

Depends on what res you want to play at really. No 1440p support on PS5 currently, then 1080ti will struggle if current reviews are to be believed..... However, there is the patch which I hope would help with the performance. That is still an unknown though.

Bit of a pickle. :p

Man of Honour
So as hoped and expected from the reviews, looks like the great game I was hoping for but with the expected bugs and performance issues on launch. This is why I normally do not play games on launch anymore. Excited for this game but tempted to leave it for a few weeks to iron out the major bugs, but that is going to be hard to do...

If you are going to leave it a few weeks then you might need to pretty much avoid the internet for a few weeks as well, because I would expect that so many people will talk about the story and quests that the net will be plastered with the plotlines

Soldato
I think most people will want it on their SSD's There is one person on here who may not have enough room. I know that SSD prices have fallen through the floor and it might be a good idea to upgrade their boot drive. However, I only had a 250 Evo at one point and when updating ARK, I just deleted and downloaded the whole thing again as I would have run out of space with my other games.

In the early days of my careers, we used Winchester disks that cost an absolute fortune and were absolutely massive.

Crucial 1Tb SSD going for £79.99 recently, SSD prices have come right down. I have a 6TB mechanical drive for everything else but games definitely load faster on SSD, no contest.

Associate
I don't normally preorder games, but for 20 odd quid i couldn't say no.
It will probably have some bugs, but I am sure they will be fixed before I actually get around to playing it.

Just hope that my Vega 56 will be up to the job. I'm thinking it might be a good excuse to upgrade

Soldato
If you are going to leave it a few weeks then you might need to pretty much avoid the internet for a few weeks as well, because I would expect that so many people will talk about the story and quests that the net will be plastered with the plotlines

I was thinking about this. When I do start playing, I will have to avoid this whole thread and other areas as there is always some fool posting spoilers. I've seen the whole plot of games spoiled for others in threads (Bioshock springs to mind) - some people must do it on purpose, the sadists!

It's always more fun to explore it for yourself on the first playthrough anyway. There will be future playthroughs where I can game the system, I want the first one to be pure. Sounds like there are a lot of different routes and endings, it looks like what I was hoping for.

Soldato
Depends on what res you want to play at really. No 1440p support on PS5 currently, then 1080ti will struggle if current reviews are to be believed..... However, there is the patch which I hope would help with the performance. That is still an unknown though.

Bit of a pickle. :p

I would be playing on my 4k oled.

Soldato
I was thinking about this. When I do start playing, I will have to avoid this whole thread and other areas as there is always some fool posting spoilers. I've seen the whole plot of games spoiled for others in threads (Bioshock springs to mind) - some people must do it on purpose, the sadists!

It's always more fun to explore it for yourself on the first playthrough anyway. There will be future playthroughs where I can game the system, I want the first one to be pure. Sounds like there are a lot of different routes and endings, it looks like what I was hoping for.

Apparently people on /r/pcgaming have been receiving unsolicited PMs which are titled e.g. "You have been banned from posting in /r/pcgaming" and then immediately dropping spoilers in the content of the message. So it does seem like it's going to be the modern day Snape Kills Dumbledore...

On the other hand, how big can spoilers really be? I'm expecting the journey to be so much better than the destination as it often is. If it's a revenge plot I'm sure the ending will be "... and the main character gets their revenge", if there's someone to save I'm sure the ending will involve "... and they save the person" - think about the Witcher 3 and there really aren't that many spoilers that you couldn't see coming a mile away. (Still no reason to spoil things for others of course)

Soldato
Apparently people on /r/pcgaming have been receiving unsolicited PMs which are titled e.g. "You have been banned from posting in /r/pcgaming" and then immediately dropping spoilers in the content of the message. So it does seem like it's going to be the modern day Snape Kills Dumbledore...

On the other hand, how big can spoilers really be? I'm expecting the journey to be so much better than the destination as it often is. If it's a revenge plot I'm sure the ending will be "... and the main character gets their revenge", if there's someone to save I'm sure the ending will involve "... and they save the person" - think about the Witcher 3 and there really aren't that many spoilers that you couldn't see coming a mile away. (Still no reason to spoil things for others of course)

I was browsing the Nvidia forum just after the Red Dead 2 release looking for an answer to a problem I was having. The thread was going well then someone posted the ending in a five word sentence. I had spent 12 months not delving into anything online and was livid. Lesson learned.

However, that pales into insignificance as to what happened when me and the Mrs went to see Endgame. Was the second showing and she went to the loo before the start, two girls walked in and gave the ending away and ran out...... she was not happy.

Soldato
However, that pales into insignificance as to what happened when me and the Mrs went to see Endgame. Was the second showing and she went to the loo before the start, two girls walked in and gave the ending away and ran out...... she was not happy.

Had similar when we went to see Rise of Skywalker, sort of - just a big group of people leaving the cinema as we were arriving and clearly loudly discussing some of the ending details. Luckily the wife and I were able to avoid hearing anything

Associate
Depends also what time the patch drops. We could get to 12am and then have to dl another 50 gigs before we can play
I finish work at 11 tomorrow night. I'll stay up til 12 and if the patch is available I'll just start it downloading and go to bed regardless of the fact it'll only take maybe an hour.
No patch and I'll be staying up.

Man of Honour
Tom's Hardware have taken down their benchmarks, apparently at the request of CDPR.

Which one was Toms Hardwares one?

Edit : ah I see it, seems that they removed the benchmark results as they had no day 0/1 patch installed so the benchmarks werent applicable to what the user would actually see on release, so thats fair enough

Back
Top Bottom