*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
My point is that, if a game has potentially epileptic educing scenes and DOESN'T have an option to remove that, they are seen as criminals? The outlash is stupid. Full stop. The issue at hand is genuine, but keyboard warriors over shadow the core issue.

As for 'designed to induce a seizure', are you saying that it's designed purposefully to cause people with epilepsy to have seizures? Because anyone making that claim is going down a very sketchy path which with a big enough public profile, is essentially accusing someone of a crime... Which in it's self, if the accusation is false, is a crime.

Again, a really sketchy line to walk. I imagine a warning will be apparent, if not, then that is the bare minimum should be in the game.

Not much point continuing this if you're deliberately misreading what was said.

Soldato
My point is that, if a game has potentially epileptic educing scenes and DOESN'T have an option to remove that, they are seen as criminals? The outlash is stupid. Full stop. The issue at hand is genuine, but keyboard warriors over shadow the core issue.

As for 'designed to induce a seizure', are you saying that it's designed purposefully to cause people with epilepsy to have seizures? Because anyone making that claim is going down a very sketchy path which with a big enough public profile, is essentially accusing someone of a crime... Which in it's self, if the accusation is false, is a crime.

Again, a really sketchy line to walk. I imagine a warning will be apparent, if not, then that is the bare minimum should be in the game.

I did not see where they are saying the scene is like a strobe test. However, if that is correct then CDPR should have caught that. They most certainly are not criminals.

As a side note, just because you have never had a seizure does not mean you won't have one if the circumstances present themselves. Flashing lights and quick colour changes at a higher frequency do trigger them and you may never know you were susceptible. Brains are weird. well mine is anyway.

As for sending images to people to induce seizures. It is a crime in the US. aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...

Soldato
Not much point continuing this if you're deliberately misreading what was said.

I did not see where they are saying the scene is like a strobe test. However, if that is correct then CDPR should have caught that. They most certainly are not criminals.

As a side note, just because you have never had a seizure does not mean you won't have one if the circumstances present themselves. Flashing lights and quick colour changes at a higher frequency do trigger them and you may never know you were susceptible. Brains are weird. well mine is anyway.

As for sending images to people to induce seizures. It is a crime in the US. aggravated assault with a deadly weapon...

Either our lines are crossed or I've misunderstood the original tweet and response.

The original tweet raised a very good and valid concern in my opinion. My annoyance was with that response stating it's borderline criminal, I can't understand how people are so quick to aggression on issues, and as such, calling out people as criminals. In this case, calling out CDPR as borderline criminals.

Soldato
Either our lines are crossed or I've misunderstood the original tweet and response.

The original tweet raised a very good and valid concern in my opinion. My annoyance was with that response stating it's borderline criminal, I can't understand how people are so quick to aggression on issues, and as such, calling out people as criminals. In this case, calling out CDPR as borderline criminals.

People get very annoyed very easily these days. Calling them out over it by a community is to be expected TBH. However, it is both counterproductive and plain stupid.

The only thing they could call them out for is not recognising that this scene could be an issue and mitigating it. There are lots of cases where games have been accused of causing seizures in the past, most notable Nintendo. So given all the bad press for that, I would have hoped they might have done a little due diligence.
However I am positive there will be a warning on screen when the game is launched.
All said and done though, it is a video game on a screen with varying refresh rates, colour changes and if you are photosensitive then it would be something to avoid as part of your own risk avoidance.

Soldato
Apparently people on /r/pcgaming have been receiving unsolicited PMs which are titled e.g. "You have been banned from posting in /r/pcgaming" and then immediately dropping spoilers in the content of the message. So it does seem like it's going to be the modern day Snape Kills Dumbledore...

On the other hand, how big can spoilers really be? I'm expecting the journey to be so much better than the destination as it often is. If it's a revenge plot I'm sure the ending will be "... and the main character gets their revenge", if there's someone to save I'm sure the ending will involve "... and they save the person" - think about the Witcher 3 and there really aren't that many spoilers that you couldn't see coming a mile away. (Still no reason to spoil things for others of course)

Yes and the fact that you could choose Yennefer or Triss or whoever (I love you Keira!) in the Witcher 3, there were so many choices there are less things to spoil. Sounds like there even more major choices in CyberPunk.

Soldato
In regards to console footage, I'm going to be quite nasty here, us PC gamers should not care one bit. Who the **** cares what it's like on console?

Associate
In regards to console footage, I'm going to be quite nasty here, us PC gamers should not care one bit. Who the **** cares what it's like on console?
Nah it's not nasty. So what if they're desperately hiding it because it looks and runs like crap on consoles when they're letting us see it on the platform we're actually on

Associate
Just watched the teaser for the first time since 2013
Still gives me shivers like it did when I watched it every single day for weeks. Hard to believe I was 20 when that came out and now I'm not far off 29

Gotta say though it did remind me that I was expecting to be Night City PD in this game and not a Samurai

Back
Top Bottom