*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

That was the original intention from what I can make out after HR they were supposed to be making something a bit like The Division with a sort of open world and more persistence that would get areas/story added to it over time. It seems to have been totally canned at some point.

It's a shame it didn't happen. I often wonder what happened during the development of Mankind Divided, there were lots of strange decisions.

there were lots of strange decisions.

Understatement :p I still can't enjoy the game :( they could learn so many lessons from TD in terms of combat mechanics, user interface (even with the somewhat retarded inventory in TD) and customisation, etc.

I really want to finish MD but every time I get too frustrated after 5-10 minutes as I start to slip into playing it seriously and then the poor ADS sensitivity and fragmented poorly thought out UI get in the way and I end up alt+F4ing.

Amazing to me would be something yet unseen or at the very least noticeably better than what we have now. Also must try to distinguish level and art design away from graphics. All you have to do is look at the car or the npc's and surely you can see the graphics are nothing special. The level of detail is, but not the graphics.
Fair enough, I did think the car looked a bit naff, but I kinda figured it was just the design I didn't like.
Other than that, I was quite impressed by the rest of it. Like you say though, that was probably just the art design, scale and level of detail.
I did think the bathtub rescue scene looked great, and not because she was naked :p

Don't think I've been really impressed with graphics since RotTR for whatever that's worth.

This was running on a 1080Ti though, I am sure by the time it is released and we have 7nm cards available we will have higher graphics settings. They probably learned their lesson with what they did with the Witcher 3 where they toned the graphics down for release and likely will be doing the opposite this time around. At least I hope so :)

Yeah, it's early-ish days in the development and there'll be faster hardware with other fancy effects like raytracing etc. I don't think this'll be a graphical disappointment, unless people want it to be the next Crysis or something.
Then again, it could be another Colonial Marines :D :p

It's a shame it didn't happen. I often wonder what happened during the development of Mankind Divided, there were lots of strange decisions.
Agreed. Decisions that ended up costing them, as sales did not meet their expectations.

I am sure they will learn a lot from Cyberpunk 2077 on how things should be done once they see the sales. Even better is these guys manage to get all the sales without having to worry about dunovo or other drm crap that mess with performance. Developers and publishers need to focus on giving us a good game and not worry about crap like that. Make a good game and most people will buy it.

Understatement :p I still can't enjoy the game :( they could learn so many lessons from TD in terms of combat mechanics, user interface (even with the somewhat retarded inventory in TD) and customisation, etc.

I really want to finish MD but every time I get too frustrated after 5-10 minutes as I start to slip into playing it seriously and then the poor ADS sensitivity and fragmented poorly thought out UI get in the way and I end up alt+F4ing.
You are the only person I know that has that issue and make it sound like it applied to everyone. That was not an issue at all for me :D

Fair enough, I did think the car looked a bit naff, but I kinda figured it was just the design I didn't like.
Other than that, I was quite impressed by the rest of it. Like you say though, that was probably just the art design, scale and level of detail.
I did think the bathtub rescue scene looked great, and not because she was naked :p

Don't think I've been really impressed with graphics since RotTR for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, it's early-ish days in the development and there'll be faster hardware with other fancy effects like raytracing etc. I don't think this'll be a graphical disappointment, unless people want it to be the next Crysis or something.
Then again, it could be another Colonial Marines :D :p
I am not disappointed at all. Overall happy with what I saw. I will be pre-ordering.

I think scenes like the bathtub one they can afford to crank up the graphics as it is a set scene rather than openworld with loads of people and things in it on screen at once.

We have yet to see it being shown at night which I think will look cool :D

Generally I don't get a WOW factor out of a lot of games graphically speaking.. but that scene where the pedestrians crossed the road I can hand on heart not seen that before in the respect of it being actual gameplay and not scripted event... unless it was of course.

I thought the graphics looked great.
What qualifies as amazing these days? Honest question, as I'm obviously out of touch on this.

For me it's the Unity Engine demo in this video. I don't believe there's been anything quite like this yet. Maybe it will come with next-gen consoles as they set the baseline for all graphics really.

Looks disappointing to me - none of the seriousness of Deus Ex and none of the humor of GTA, so I don't get these comparisons at all. Looks more like an urban Fallout to me - totally not hyped for another pseudo sandbox game with mediocre story and weak gameplay.

Really really looking forward to this, Rockstar and these guy's are about the only 2 dev's that continue to get things right for me.

I think the constant disclaimers about "the game may change" is due to the flack they got for changing/downgrading the look of TW3. They showed off the TW3 before launch it the visual's had completely changed. I can see them doing this again so not getting over excited on what I see is what I'm going to get. Though TW3 still looked excellent and probably my number game to date - I've been gaming for a long time.

They will be getting my money no matter the way it look's I have the feeling this will top TW3 with ease.

The only thing I'm concerned about is like a lot of these games, there might be a lot of non-game time taken up. You've got a mission, but first you have to travel to the doc to get upgrades, then you make a call, then you travel to get new weapons, then you travel to a meeting, then you travel to your destination, and then finally the mission starts. There was an awful lot of filler time in that gameplay video where you were following the story and travelling around, rather than playing the game and taking an active role in the action. I don't like games where there's a lot of makework or interactive movies before you actually get the play the game for a few minutes.

The only thing I'm concerned about is like a lot of these games, there might be a lot of non-game time taken up. You've got a mission, but first you have to travel to the doc to get upgrades, then you make a call, then you travel to get new weapons, then you travel to a meeting, then you travel to your destination, and then finally the mission starts. There was an awful lot of filler time in that gameplay video where you were following the story and travelling around, rather than playing the game and taking an active role in the action. I don't like games where there's a lot of makework or interactive movies before you actually get the play the game for a few minutes.

Its a RPG mate so its got to be like that! The whole point of the game is to make you feel as if you are in the game, its not a FPS :) from what I seen in the 40min Video it looks bloody amazing...

Its a RPG mate so its got to be like that! The whole point of the game is to make you feel as if you are in the game, its not a FPS :) from what I seen in the 40min Video it looks bloody amazing...

But then you have to make those in between bits very interesting or skippable. There's a reason why "fast travel" is a standard for any game with large maps and a lot of travelling. No one likes doing the same stuff over and over, because it becomes boring. I was hoping that CDPR will come up with an innovative way to deal with that issue.

But then you have to make those in between bits very interesting or skippable. There's a reason why "fast travel" is a standard for any game with large maps and a lot of travelling. No one likes doing the same stuff over and over, because it becomes boring. I was hoping that CDPR will come up with an innovative way to deal with that issue.

pretty sure they slowed down the gameplay for Demo so will probably have open to fast travel

Back
Top Bottom