*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Don't see this game succeeding it is just fps with little rpg elements...Lack of option for 3rd person view is already upsetting so many people.
Well I think I'm the only Pole who didn't enjoy Witcher series I kinda finished it bcoz its suppose to be "the" Game to play...
Now from what I see from cyberpunk i think it will fail ;D

Soldato
If you didn't like TW3 then I don't think you're really the target audience for this tbh....

Personally for me, camera position and gameplay style aren't really that closely tied; I've played first, third, top down isometric, text based, real-time, turn-based, etc. RPGs (along with various RPG card games) and IMO the storyline, world building, and character building elements are what makes an RPG, not whether you can see your character's bum :p

Out of interest, what's the difference between an FPS with RPG elements, and an RPG with a first person perspective? Where does something like Fallout or Skyrim fit in to that?

Given how this looks at the moment, I absolutely think it will be a dazzling success and put a lot of other devs/publishers to shame

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Don't see this game succeeding it is just fps with little rpg elements...Lack of option for 3rd person view is already upsetting so many people.
Well I think I'm the only Pole who didn't enjoy Witcher series I kinda finished it bcoz its suppose to be "the" Game to play...
Now from what I see from cyberpunk i think it will fail ;D

It's success or failure will have nothing to do with it being first or third person. Deus Ex games are first person and they are perfectly fine.

From everything I have seen so far, this game will be a mega success. No doubt it will not be everyone cup of tea and some will whine, but I bet it outsells Witcher 3 :D

If you didn't like TW3 then I don't think you're really the target audience for this tbh....
What does TW3 and this game have in common other than developer and it being an rpg? I am sure there will be many who did not enjoy TW3 but will love this game :)

Soldato
What does TW3 and this game have in common other than developer and it being an rpg? I am sure there will be many who did not enjoy TW3 but will love this game :)

Well yes, the developer, and based on the fact their RPG style is very story heavy, which is the main criticism I've seen about TW3 - an assumption on my part that that is (at least in part) what peterhc didn't like about it - of course I could be completely wrong! :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well yes, the developer, and based on the fact their RPG style is very story heavy, which is the main criticism I've seen about TW3 - an assumption on my part that that is (at least in part) what peterhc didn't like about it - of course I could be completely wrong! :p
I suppose.

I actually welcome it being story heavy, as long as it is a good story that is :D

Soldato

This.

Yes, the guy is not the only Pole who thinks W3 is overrated. I think it was a good game with somewhat subpar gameplay and amateurishly padded, predictable main story. Yet I'm absolutely looking forward to Cyberpunk and it already looks very promising, IMO. Can't wait.

Soldato
Been looking forward to this for ages and will definitely be getting it on release, regardless of what others think. Will probably spend the first couple of days walking around in awe and taking it all in. Loved W3, but not so much 1&2.

Soldato
TW 3 had its issues, both in (1) story telling and (2) gameplay; how big or small those were, it depended on how much you're willing to turn a blind eye to the whole "target a bigger audience!" approach.

1) You're forced into the relationship with Triss through the series (as in getting intimate), although you may definitely don't want that knowing/hearing from others about you and Yen. Then you have the witcher, which at the end of second game, not only is pretty powerful by his own gains, but gets his memories back, only in the 3rd installment to "forget" potions and skills which AGAIN you have to learn them - more funny when Ciri knows to make a werewolf potion due to her teachings with Geralt and the other witchers, while Geralt has to learn the recipe one more time...

2) and this is related to 1st point, guards and other NPCs are far too powerful and would nullify the need of a witcher (and Geralt should have been the best swords fighter in the kingdom) - and this is also a problem at a bigger scale, with enemies being higher lvl and hard to kill "just because". You can also kill some of them when the game carefully puts you in such a situation during a quest or two, but other than that... Godlike, more so at lower levels - although again, you were passing through them like a hot knife through butter during the past 2 games. At least Cyberpunk is the 1st in the series...

Now, if they take the same approach in the gameplay department like in TW3 and other style of open games (aka, grind fest), firefights and gameplay in general could get boring after the novelty passes: if what you need to pass an obstacle is just to get a higher skill on "handguns" on the progress by the "gun" way (instead of stealth or technology paths), so bullets get a magical 20% dmg output - Fallout style. :D I do hope they've taken a more "realistic" consideration and the world behaves more natural (doubt it, but hope still!)... However, in the end, more likely the story telling and characters will be great, which is all it needs for good sales - and a fun playthrough, i guess.

Associate
It's not multiple year away, Devs have said it's already playable from start to finish, all they are doing atm is polishing and finalizing content. Be out next year I'd bet.

Caporegime
It's not multiple year away, Devs have said it's already playable from start to finish, all they are doing atm is polishing and finalizing content. Be out next year I'd bet.
I doubt they'd be doing this much publicity if it was two years or more away. Reckon Autumn or Christmas next year.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is by far the game I am most looking forward to. Used to be Deus Ex games, but one, we know they are on hold, two, square enix got greedy and messed with the last game and left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, and three, I think cd projekt are a more capable dev team at this point and not shackled by a greedy publisher.

Used to be hyped about StarCitizen also, but god knows when that will come out. I just ignore that now. It will be done when it’s done. Another one like that is Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Pretty sure we will get this next year. It will be interesting to see how much gameworks/Rtx stuff will be in it.

Caporegime
dues ex was the only good deus ex game rest were pants

I think only think ever referred to was 2019 at the earliest which would most likely be the end of the year.

it's probably buggy as hell right now even if you can play from start to end and needs tons of optimization, probably only has the main story with no real options yet.

doubt we see it before 2 years pass

Soldato
This is by far the game I am most looking forward to. Used to be Deus Ex games, but one, we know they are on hold, two, square enix got greedy and messed with the last game and left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, and three, I think cd projekt are a more capable dev team at this point and not shackled by a greedy publisher.

Used to be hyped about StarCitizen also, but god knows when that will come out. I just ignore that now. It will be done when it’s done. Another one like that is Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Pretty sure we will get this next year. It will be interesting to see how much gameworks/Rtx stuff will be in it.

Likewise. I think given the mistakes that were made with Mankind Divided (although I still enjoyed it), coupled with just how amazing this game looks, I doubt we'll see another DE game anytime soon if at all. Cyberpunk 2077 will set a new precedence in the RPG Tech Noir genre. Anything in a similar vein is bound to draw comparisons and will struggle to compete imo.

Soldato
Likewise. I think given the mistakes that were made with Mankind Divided (although I still enjoyed it), coupled with just how amazing this game looks, I doubt we'll see another DE game anytime soon if at all. Cyberpunk 2077 will set a new precedence in the RPG Tech Noir genre. Anything in a similar vein is bound to draw comparisons and will struggle to compete imo.
I'd like to see if Cyberpunk has the same choices regarding non-lethal stealth gameplay that Deus Ex has, from what I've seen it doesn't look like it.

Soldato
I'd like to see if Cyberpunk has the same choices regarding non-lethal stealth gameplay that Deus Ex has, from what I've seen it doesn't look like it.

That's exactly what I was wondering when I watched the gameplay vid. Hopefully it does, but I have my doubts.

Soldato

That's exactly what I was wondering when I watched the gameplay vid. Hopefully it does, but I have my doubts.

The gameplay video states that there are multiple methods of completing missions, some that are loud and lethal, and some that are stealthy and non-lethal.

Back
Top Bottom