*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Had one enemy that had spawned in a wall but I could still kill him if I wanted.
Its strange so many are having terrible problems while some of us have few issues, I also have seen few bugs and played 15H thus far. Its an incredible experience rather overwhelming at times.

Maybe we're playing at a slower pace? Not sure. I'm mainly doing side missions at the moment and stuff around the map. I haven't met keanu yet.

Soldato
This game continues to blow me away, visually it's on another level, done a side mission which has taken me to lot's of different places tonight, had a couple of CTD's but I think that's more down to my GPU OC tbh

12 hours in.

Soldato
Just got to Act 2 - Absolutely loving it! One thing I'm a bit confused with - When someone else is hacking me to set me on fire, what do I do to stop them? Other than kill them.

Man of Honour
Don't think you can do anything other than leave the area to evade their breach or kill them**

Anyone else really liking the photo mode? Can't get enough of it looking around the city and places for street photography scenes or portrait ops
20201211200957_1.jpg

20201212000255_1.jpg

20201212001309_1.jpg

Associate
Reddit is tearing this part, Played a few more hours I'm starting to see cracks, the AI is dead for the NPCs, the traffic is all smoke and mirrors (can watch 6+ cars travel towards you in the distance, only to watch them vanish before they get to you lol)

Think i'll just follow the main story and leave it be, open world wise this seems to be lacking.

couldnt agree more, the side missons are really meh as well, main missions I'm enjoying but the actual world interaction and exploration is just kinda.... well crap, combat is so ehhhhh too, the gunplay is boring and the game is so easy even on hardest setting, world wise I think witcher is way more interesting to explore, red dead look ways better and runs way better, and coming from someone whos just finished borderlands 3 the weapon design/sound/gunplay is so much more fun and enjoyable that it makes cp2077 look tragic and feels like im playing a shooter from the 360 days, going to play the main story and leave it, disappointed is putting it lightly, at least I got the game for free

Caporegime
couldnt agree more, the side missons are really meh as well, main missions I'm enjoying but the actual world interaction and exploration is just kinda.... well crap, combat is so ehhhhh too, the gunplay is boring and the game is so easy even on hardest setting, world wise I think witcher is way more interesting to explore, red dead look ways better and runs way better, and coming from someone whos just finished borderlands 3 the weapon design/sound/gunplay is so much more fun and enjoyable that it makes cp2077 look tragic and feels like im playing a shooter from the 360 days, going to play the main story and leave it, disappointed is putting it lightly, at least I got the game for free

My suspicion now is that at some point they trashed what they'd done and started again. A game that was supposedly started in development in 2013 (Would they really have announced with such an explosive trailer if they'd done zero work at all?) will not look like this game does. Reckon about three, maybe four years ago, although perhaps even less, they shelved what they'd been working on for two or three years and restarted development because other than graphically this game is quite limited. It doesn't feel like the AI and other things they've done are that advanced. Issues with the police and NPC's etc. show it's not that advanced. Graphically it's fantastic, no way would a game that's been in development for seven years look like this, but under the hood it's not all that. I'm still loving it and having heaps of fun, it sucks you in for definite and I've been trouble free, no glitches, no crashes, no issues with saves.

Caporegime

how did you get it for free?

Soldato
This game continues to blow me away, visually it's on another level, done a side mission which has taken me to lot's of different places tonight, had a couple of CTD's but I think that's more down to my GPU OC tbh

12 hours in.

Did you not do proper overclock testing on the card? 24 hours of furmark is usually sufficient.

Associate
Ah, I've decided to be sensible and requested a refund from Steam... I didn't ever get past the character creation screen as I was going to wait for this weekend to play.

I think I would have probably had a great time with it, but would love to see what they do with this with a bit more time. Not necessarily from the graphics/bugs side (although improvements are always welcome) but more additional content for the world. As someone else said.. you only get to play this game for the first time once. Maybe I will try RDR2 or Death Stranding instead for my open-world fix?

Regardless, I have so much work to do over the holidays anyway, and I can keep myself busy with Apex Legends for a good while longer.

To those playing, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom