*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Haven't played for a few months so was a bit vague but this is what I mean by gimped:

tmp.png

Same tier, blue weapons, the LMG is allowed to roll for +5% crit chance while the copperhead gets to roll for +52.50% crit chance.

You bought a legendary LMG and look at it, it's still only rolling for 5% crit chance.

The copperhead gets to roll for +105% crit damage and the LMG isn't allowed to roll for any bonus crit damage even though its listed on the crafting window:

tmp.png

There's quite a few weapons which have gimped bonuses and are randomly locked out of permitted perks which are specified on the crafting window whether you buy them or craft them or pick them up in the game.

Okay slightly confused what you mean by Ionic, for me Ionic are those one off guns specifically with Ionic in the game with Ionic in the title of the weapon. [..]

I think Hotwired was using common usage for situations where a word is also used to refer to a more specific group - lower case for the general meaning, upper case for referring to the more specific group. For example, conservative (tending to favour tradition) and Conservative (member of or supporter of the Conservative political party).

So iconic with lower case 'i' would be the general meaning of the word 'iconic' (like how, for example, the AK-47 is an iconic gun in the real world) whereas (in the context of CP2077) Iconic with an upper case 'I' would be the items labelled as iconic in the game.

Ionic is something else, probably autocorrect doing its own thing :)

Haven't played for a few months so was a bit vague but this is what I mean by gimped:

Same tier, blue weapons, the LMG is allowed to roll for +5% crit chance while the copperhead gets to roll for +52.50% crit chance.

You bought a legendary LMG and look at it, it's still only rolling for 5% crit chance.

The copperhead gets to roll for +105% crit damage and the LMG isn't allowed to roll for any bonus crit damage even though its listed on the crafting window:

There's quite a few weapons which have gimped bonuses and are randomly locked out of permitted perks which are specified on the crafting window whether you buy them or craft them or pick them up in the game.

Ahhh I get you now. So yeah crit and other skills not scaling. I think could be way game calculates things possibly? with LMG your firing multiple rounds per second so each round can apply all the effects, crit chance etc. Though does not make up massive delta to the Assault rifles which while not as high ROF do get close and do scale. All that said I think the LMG is way to go in terms of how they tune things, not sure what level your at, but later will find everything absolutely overpowered past level 25 even on hardest level. will be a matter of killing in under a second to someone to 1-2 seconds really. Got 0 perks in that LMG tree, but with my base crit chance thanks to armor mods you grab + Cold blood skilline, pretty much every LMG bullet I fire is a crit shot. Would make more sense to down tune other weapons if anything IMO as they scale.

I think Hotwired was using common usage for situations where a word is also used to refer to a more specific group - lower case for the general meaning, upper case for referring to the more specific group. For example, conservative (tending to favour tradition) and Conservative (member of or supporter of the Conservative political party).

So iconic with lower case 'i' would be the general meaning of the word 'iconic' (like how, for example, the AK-47 is an iconic gun in the real world) whereas (in the context of CP2077) Iconic with an upper case 'I' would be the items labelled as iconic in the game.

Ionic is something else, probably autocorrect doing its own thing :)

Get you now too :p:)

Picked this up for 20 quid a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd give it a whirl. Can't go more than a minute or two without it crashing the whole PC and I have to do a hard reset.

I'm well aware that it's considered a bug-ridden mess by a lot of people but does anyone have any tips for stability?

Thanks

Picked this up for 20 quid a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd give it a whirl. Can't go more than a minute or two without it crashing the whole PC and I have to do a hard reset.

I'm well aware that it's considered a bug-ridden mess by a lot of people but does anyone have any tips for stability?

Thanks

Double check any overclock you have. Found something excessive caused it to tip over. I have found with stock / less extreme OC the game runs pretty stable and can go hours without issues. Could be something to check initially.

I had some memory adjustments in place to get my RAM running 1:1 with IF but I removed those before first running the game. I haven't applied any other changes from default.

PC runs fine at 4K for Far Cry games, Death Stranding, etc.

Oh well, I'll get some monitoring going, tweak some voltages etc. and see what I can do.

Thanks for the replies, appreciated.

If you are using RT features then that can cause a lot of strain on GPU clocks. Maybe try validating the games local files, set everything to default or low settings with low fixed FPS, try and work out if it's a stress issue or something else.

If you are using RT features then that can cause a lot of strain on GPU clocks. Maybe try validating the games local files, set everything to default or low settings with low fixed FPS, try and work out if it's a stress issue or something else.

I tried without RT but it made no difference. I've just tried again without Resize bar and with a little more RAM voltage and the PC crashed again with all fans stuck on 100% and a black screen. On reboot, it's stuck on 1024x768 resolution and tells me that the AMD driver is not installed or not working correctly. *Sigh*

I'm going to try a DDU and reinstall display drivers. Then I'm going to try your suggestion with everything on low settings.

Thanks

Thanks

I had this, after much messing about it turned out to be a hidden CPU miner program running on my PC causing the issue.

I had to reinstall windows to get to fix it.

Loving the game, played over 100 hours.
I'm at the 'point of no return' so I'm going around finishing side quests and doing the police scanner things.

I played most of the game using quick hacking, forcing enemies to detonate grenades on themselves etc, but now I've learned how fun it is using gorilla arms and just beating everybody to a pulp, not using guns at all. Punching people across the room is hilarious. I've crafted lots of high spec armadillo modules for all my clothes so I'm basically invincible to normal gunfire, I can just walk around in the gun fight smashing everything and everybody like I'm the Hulk :D

That's what I have ended up doing, gorilla arms and loads of Armor too :p Though I started with reflex, tech and cold blood fully maxing those trees out to level 20 and all the trees in them, became too easy so gorilla arms now being used and is a blast! The AI in the game is pretty awful though, most just stand there while your punching them, seem to be really slow in fighting back at times. Not yet started Act two quests and doing it other way around. Do more side quests become unlocked as you progress the main story?

[..] Not yet started Act two quests and doing it other way around. Do more side quests become unlocked as you progress the main story?

Yes. Including several arcs of side quests that make up side stories. The best one, in my opinion, is Judy's story. IIRC you don't get that until Act 3 (and only if you make certain choices in earlier quests involving Judy).

Yes. Including several arcs of side quests that make up side stories. The best one, in my opinion, is Judy's story. IIRC you don't get that until Act 3 (and only if you make certain choices in earlier quests involving Judy).

Thanks, completionist in me does side stuff before moving onto main

Back
Top Bottom