*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Is this worth getting yet then?

Fancy something to try test out the 3070 in my laptop

Depends what your expectations are - if you can get it cheap some of the content like Judy's story line would qualify as a whole game worth of content in this day and age on its own :s despite there being a lot I enjoyed in the game, even as someone with no expectations there is a lot which really is unacceptable as well - I had to dabble a fair bit in the config files due to omissions in the ingame settings, etc. even for basic key bindings.

Also there is a huge variance when it comes to bugs - for some people it is mostly playable for others it is still game breaking level of broken so there is that as well.

Best to mod the game straight out of the box as well as later on the difficulty becomes a joke even on the hardest setting. Some mods that don't break the game or change things too much

https://github.com/jac3km4/redscript/releases/tag/v0.2.1

adds faction changes to give more flavour to the enemies you fight, stock they are all really similar
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2217

just install Proper Level Scaling option to start with, later on you can do the health and xp changes as well if it's still to easy
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1712

if you want it even harder then try this one, it makes the enemy hackers use way more hacks on you
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2468

Some quality of life mods, just stop you destroying 1 off weapons, install PreventDisassembly & PreventSelling
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2252
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2358

Install the mods manually, Vortex doesn't work properly

It's a 7/10 game for me. It's looks nice, but it is quite shallow. I felt the ending was a bit of a let down.

When my PC is upgraded (in other words, when I can finally buy a better GPU than a 5700xt at a reasonable price) I will replay in 4k with a bunch of mods.

What would you say is the single biggest issue in this game? The AI?

The story / side quests are incredibly weak compared to the Witcher 3.

Bloody Baron quest line + crones and the 2 expansions had amazing story telling.

cyberpunk story is so bland. There are signs of really interesting quests that they obviously had to cut or shorten or are just unfinished in CP.

I disagree with the guy above - there are lot of quests in Cyberpunk that are better than most other game's main quests.

So I would say my biggest (really, only) problem is still the general jank when it comes to NPC pedestrian spawning and pop-in.
I don't care about pedestrian or cop AI, since the game is not designed around interacting with those. AI in actual combat situations could be better, but it's mostly fine.

AI is the biggest issue for me. Makes entire game cakewalk on even the hardest difficulty on even the hardest mission. As a result need to rule out using tech weapons and shooting through walls as can walk into a room and blast the entire zone without taking a hit. AI cannot just seem to deal with that.

There is no single biggest issue. The game needs a ton of work in several areas.

Personally I didn't care much about the AI/difficulty scaling I think that was the least of the issues really when a lot of mechanics are just meh, don't work as intended or don't work at all, very random bugs which can vary from minor irritation through to full on game breaking depending on how lucky you are, etc. the game as a whole needs better knitting together to provide the experience it is obviously supposed to be.

im a massive fan of CD projekt RED, Waited to play this after the fix are in, whats the state of the game now? & can we play third person yet? I finding really hard to go back to First person. on controller

im a massive fan of CD projekt RED, Waited to play this after the fix are in, whats the state of the game now? & can we play third person yet? I finding really hard to go back to First person. on controller

Largely okay in terms of issues. In about 150 hours had one side quest bug rest is okay. Some jank at times but overall great fun imo (aside being easy as your progress). No third person, doubt we will get one officially ever. If I recall most mechanics were designed around first person. Usually this type of game is also not ideal on a pad, but after 20 mins, with a Xbox controller became very intuitive and felt very well designed with controller in mind.

If you waited this long, might as well wait another 6 months I say.

I'm leaving it until it's fixed. Bought on release but didn't really blow me away and went back to Witcher 3 second playthrough.
same pre-bought the game played it for an hour, but left it there, now i have a LG CX448 much prefer Controller due to Distance reasons, FIrst person just feels weird to me on a pad. :(

I'm leaving it until it's fixed. Bought on release but didn't really blow me away and went back to Witcher 3 second playthrough.

It won't ever be fixed in the sense of being the game it was claimed to be.

It's already mostly fixed in terms of most of the most serious bugs, but it will never be substantially different to how it was on release. Just less buggy.

same pre-bought the game played it for an hour, but left it there, now i have a LG CX448 much prefer Controller due to Distance reasons, FIrst person just feels weird to me on a pad. :(

3rd person feels weird to me on anything other than isometric games or 2D games. I'd prefer that games allowed players a choice, but I realise that makes things more complicated because some aspects of a game are designed for one or the other.

It won't ever be fixed in the sense of being the game it was claimed to be.

It's already mostly fixed in terms of most of the most serious bugs, but it will never be substantially different to how it was on release. Just less buggy.

3rd person feels weird to me on anything other than isometric games or 2D games. I'd prefer that games allowed players a choice, but I realise that makes things more complicated because some aspects of a game are designed for one or the other.
for me:
1st person - must be KB/Mouse
3rd Person - Must be Controller.

Back
Top Bottom