*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
Wish these cut scenes were shorter, just sentence after sentence, I get it's important to read a story, but sometimes it feels like reading more than playing.

NOOOOOO :p imo the long cut scenes add so much to the fame. Imo in these types of games if there is a way to skip it then its fine which you can in cut scenes. Rather have cut scenes like this which are detailed, provide context and get you immersed the short ones tbh!

Soldato
Any amount of DLSS sharpening above 0 results in annoying flicker in some areas such as by the palm trees outside Denny's mansion, this is particularly apparent when moving the camera. I am using Performance DLSS at 4K on an RTX 3080 with all settings maxed except SSR on ultra and Raytraced Lighting disabled. Has anyone else noticed this?

Soldato
Hi guys, just tried to jumping back into Cyberpunk after patch 1.5 and my game is crashing to desktop before it even loads the game.

I've searched google and found no fixes.

I've updated windows 10 to latest update.
Updated Nvidia drivers
Verified files
Disabled mods
Tried different graphics settings
Tried starting a new game

My Specs are: RTX 2080, 32gb memory, 9900k, m.2

I already completed the game with ray tracing and the game performed great on me rig.

I wanted to start playing again with patch 1.5 and perhaps even start a new game fresh but whenever I try launch the game it just instantly crashes to desktop.

I use Nvidia sound from the GPU with HDMI btw as I saw CD Project Red said it could be due to sound drivers with those other sound drivers but I don't have those ones as I just use Nvidia.

Anyone found a solution yet or got anymore tips I could try?

Soldato

Yeah mate, I've read through the entire thread but still not managed to fix it.

I think they've completely broken the game with patch 1.5 and judging from the comments I read online, it seems to have effected a lot of players on PC and console.

I'm just going to wait a couple weeks and hope they fix it with future patches.

They really should allow us to roll back patches on Steam too, I would love to go back to patch 1.31 and start a new game whilst they sort out patch 1.5.

Soldato
Hi guys, just tried to jumping back into Cyberpunk after patch 1.5 and my game is crashing to desktop before it even loads the game.

Updated Nvidia drivers
Verified files
Disabled mods

I already completed the game with ray tracing and the game performed great on me rig.

I wanted to start playing again with patch 1.5 and perhaps even start a new game fresh but whenever I try launch the game it just instantly crashes to desktop.

I use Nvidia sound from the GPU with HDMI btw as I saw CD Project Red said it could be due to sound drivers with those other sound drivers but I don't have those ones as I just use Nvidia.

Disable Niamic (think that's how it's spelt) audio, type msconfig, disable it in services, apply, restart. Worked for me.witj that exact issue

Soldato
You sure there is no nahimic in your msconfig or services.msc?

Disable Niamic (think that's how it's spelt) audio, type msconfig, disable it in services, apply, restart. Worked for me.witj that exact issue

Thanks for your replies guys but unfortunately I don't have Niamic in my services so that's not my issue, I wish it was.

There must be more then one issue that is causing peoples games to crash on startup.

Perhaps we need Nvidia to update their GPU drivers for picture and sound to work with patch 1.5, god knows.

I really wish I could play as I was really looking forward to trying patch 1.5 with all the changes and I also wanted to start a new game.

Soldato

Updated Nvidia drivers
Verified files
Disabled mods

Maybe some sort overlay software could be causing it? as it's crashing before starting i.e outdated MSI afterburner?

Soldato
can you see anything in windows event viewer, driver crashes etc?
can you disable all audio, try and boot it with nothing, disable other stuff?

Associate
Bought the game last night now the new patch is out, played it at launch but got a refund, so far it seems better overall but the auto aim when playing with a pad isnt working for me and im still finding the aiming a bit ***** lol

Apart from that im enjoying it

Soldato
Maybe some sort overlay software could be causing it? as it's crashing before starting i.e outdated MSI afterburner?

MSI afterburner is closed, all mods disabled. Nothing running in the background. No overclocks on GPU or CPU.

This is a fairly new PC I built around 9 months ago too. The PC is running amazing and all other games working perfectly. Cybperunk 2077 worked perfectly in high settings + ray tracing before patch 1.5

can you see anything in windows event viewer, driver crashes etc?
can you disable all audio, try and boot it with nothing, disable other stuff?

I've just tried disabling Nvidia audio in device manager and launching the game with no sound and it still crashed to desktop.

Just to be clear, the game launches from Steam, and in the in-game menu weather I choose continue or I choose new game, either way it loads 10% and then crashes to desktop.

I've deleted user folder from Steam, set windows to output to 1 monitor, closed everything in task manager. I've done everything I can possibly think of.

I honestly think CD Project RED have bricked the game as I'm usually pretty good at fixing these kind of issues myself with the help of google and this is probably the first time in over a decade where I've actually been locked out of a game. Pretty crazy really.

I've seen people on the reddit megathread say the exact same thing as me. Even gamers with 3090's or 2060's can't play.

Is there no way to revert back to patch 1.31 do you know?

If I reinstall the game on Steam can I force it to only download the base game and then choose which patches I want or would it download the full game again with patch 1.5 and I'd have no choice?

Last edited:
Associate
I've had no problems launching (although my FPS performance has tanked and I've had to turn raytracing off) but I've seen lots of people saying they can't play at all since the new patch

Associate
FPS is low for me too although I am on an old driver which I will update and see if that has boosted me any.

Performance on 1.5 (hotfix) is... odd.

I originally played through CP2077 on my 3070 using the default 'Ultra RT' settings with auto DLSS (performance I assume) - most of the time I'd get over 60 fps @ 1440p which was great.

The new patch seems to vary wildly if I uncap the framerate - I'll get anywhere from over 100 fps to in the 30's - there's a few specific areas that repeatedly drop into the sub-40's irrespective of what graphics settings I'm using (even with RT off and DLSS-performance).

I wondered if it was a CPU bottleneck (unlikely as I'm using a 3700X) but I checked anyway and the Ryzen 7 doesn't get close to full load even with SMT turned off.

Since I don't have a VRR monitor I've created a 1440p 50hz screenmode for Cyberpunk (for now) as that gets me a mostly tear-free experience with very occasional dips down to 48 or-so at Ultra RT settings. Hopefully CDPR will continue to optimize the game.

Back
Top Bottom