*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Some more details about the NPC mod:

Also, I did my most comprehensive test with Raster vs RT vs PT comparing DLSS Balanced vs DLAA. All but DLAA also compared Ray reconstruction on vs off, and keep in mind that RR is only possible if using DLSS, not DLAA or any other AA implementation, as it uses the upscaling part of the tensor cores to do what it does. It's pretty clear that Ray Reconstruction is the technology to have for improved image clarity as well as lighting and shadow definition whether you are ray traced or path traced and to some degree, even raster as the toggle was available in raster too strangely.

Comparison:

You guys decide which combo of tech looks the best.

Note that:
- Ray Reconstruction offers better details/shadows and reflections than all examples with RR off
- DLSS Balanced offers better quality texture detail and sharpness than native (DLAA). Both DLSS and DLSS were set to the same 0.45 sharpness
- The fps cost using DLAA path traced at 3440x1440 vs DLSS Balanced is exactly 50% - Remember no RR possible with DLAA too.

So what this shows (the same applies to Alan Wake too and all other games that use or will use Ray Reconstruction) is that if you want the best visual quality as well as performance combo, then you need to be using Ray Reconstruction. The exact same findings apply at 5160x2160 using DLSS Performance, just the framerate numbers scale relative to the increase in rendered pixel workload.

At 1080p there isn't enough internal pixel data to upscale all the details that 1440p or greater has, so you lose definition in areas of subtle shadow/lighting. 1440p or above is the point to aim for.

Ray Reconstruction also has a 10fps uplift in this game, other games may vary.

All dll versions for each of the 3 techs used are v 3.7.10 (3.7.0 for RR) using Preset E.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah in drving was one key area where RR and the restirgi update specifically targeted, like now there's no more wing mirror ghosting (example), but that was generally ray tracing anyway not DLSS related, DLSS updates just sorted it.

Last edited:
Soldato
@mrk that image comparison is brilliant.

Note I mentioned I was still suffering from blurryness/ghosting with PT&RR turned on....only when I saw you post I rembered I was still on v3.5 of the DLSS files. Replaced all 3 DLSS .dlls (base, D and G) with v3.7.10 and it's a significant increase in sharpness and reduced ghosting. I've not tried preset E yet, so need to get a DLSS swapper to test that out, but it's good stuff.

Reactions: mrk
Back
Top Bottom