*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I think its becoming evident that they are going to do the bare minimum and move on.

How many months to fix the police? And even this patch is pretty far from how people actually want the cops to behave...I note even in their demo video the drone appeared out of thin air still.

Soldato
Bigger question isn't whether they will completely fix it (they won't) but how desperately will everyone open their wallets and shower them with cash for the next project they will surely announce soon. You'd like to think gamers might someday learn the lesson but at the same time it's been decades of this sort of thing and they still haven't, so...

Associate
All in all, I kinda enjoyed it... didn't really buy into the hype train though so certainly wasn't as stung as some people seem to be.

No real crashes and if you treat it for what it is - an alright but flawed game with some interesting story beats - it can be enjoyable.

Do wonder if the AMD RT thing will EVER arrive though haha

Associate
Bigger question isn't whether they will completely fix it (they won't) but how desperately will everyone open their wallets and shower them with cash for the next project they will surely announce soon. You'd like to think gamers might someday learn the lesson but at the same time it's been decades of this sort of thing and they still haven't, so...

Thats cause a huge amount of people are idiots and they'll fall for any kinda flashy marketing, its not just games its with absolutely everything. Its just gonna get worse and worse imo, especially with all these paid "influencers" pushing rubbish on younger generations

Associate
Ok, thanks. I'd like to play it, but realistically I'm happy to wait until it's rock bottom prices. Horizon Zero Dawn is the next one I've been looking forward to, and that's set to be free on the PlayStation store next month, so that'll keep me occupied for a while

Associate
So it's it still not worth buying?
Ok, thanks. I'd like to play it, but realistically I'm happy to wait until it's rock bottom prices. Horizon Zero Dawn is the next one I've been looking forward to, and that's set to be free on the PlayStation store next month, so that'll keep me occupied for a while

It's a decent game if you can suspend expectations and just roll with it... like a decent series on netflix you binge on for a weekend and then never really touch after its done. If you don't dig too deep it can be good.. scratch beneath the surface and its flaws are blatant. HZD is a much better game overall so you are in for a treat there!

Caporegime
So is patch 1.2 arriving this month then? Or has it been delayed again....

Each to their own, witcher 3 bored me to tears, cyberpunk been the best game I've played in a long time tbh, which is pretty impressive as I switch of after about a hour for anything else now.... Thankfully I seem to be one of the lucky ones who didn't encounter many bugs at all except the odd floating cup/cigar. People keep saying GTA 5 puts this to shame in terms of npc etc. I don't see how though as I recently replayed gta 5 with redux and the world felt so empty compared to cyberpunk, cyberpunk feels like the city is lived in where as gta 5 felt empty in comparison, you have side missions/events in both games but cyberpunks side missions are far more fleshed out than gta 5 and there is a lot more to the game than gta 5. GTA 5 definitely has the better attention to detail with the physics though but then again who goes around smashing lamp posts with a melee weapon.... :o

Going through rdr 2 for the 5th time now and it definitely feels more "alive"/immersive when in St Dennis town especially surrounding the npcs but that's small scale compared to the vast city of cyberpunk.

All in all, it's bit stupid comparing rdr 2/gta 5 to cyberpunk as they are very different games in their own way.

Associate
It's a decent game if you can suspend expectations and just roll with it... like a decent series on netflix you binge on for a weekend and then never really touch after its done. If you don't dig too deep it can be good.. scratch beneath the surface and its flaws are blatant. HZD is a much better game overall so you are in for a treat there!

Ace, thank you. To be honest, as I'm so behind on games now I don't tend to keep up with the 'upcoming', and in turn don't get swept up in expectations!

Soldato
I was actually thinking of uninstalling CB2077 and replacing it with Witcher 3. The only reason I haven't uninstalled it yet is the graphics in the game, in the hope it can be enjoyed as part of a working game rather than graphics (half assed nice graphics) tech demo.

Soldato
Any in particular?

AI is awful, after I finished the game i played a short spell on one of the deus ex badguys and was swiftly overwhelmed by just how good a seven year old games enemy Ai is compared to a brand new release.
Driving is awful, period. Third person you have a chance, first person it is virtually impossible to drive.
Some mechanics are introduced then never enacted, shooting from cars etc, bar a couple of cut scenes, it wasn't implemented.
Objects floating in the air, falling through the scenery.
Vaults that are supposed to be linked, yet are not.
The completely awful crafting mechanics.
The completely awful AI.
The awful way items stack or do not stack, and how virtually none of how it works is explained.

I did like the game however.

Associate
Ace, thank you. To be honest, as I'm so behind on games now I don't tend to keep up with the 'upcoming', and in turn don't get swept up in expectations!
Exactly the same here... with any new titles more time is spent benchmarking on launch and then finally getting the chance to revisit then in full later on. CP2077 was different though and I did sink a lot of time into that... didn't regret it though.. but at the same time I didn't go into it thinking it would be a revelatory experience.

Soldato
Actually yeah, I'd agree with pretty much the whole list.
Crafting isn't something I massively enjoy in games, so I didn't really care much about CP2077's and it seemed simple enough. Upgrades were very minor stat increases for the costs involved, although general modding worked pretty well.
I'd forgotten about the bad driving, or perhaps just gotten used to it, though the indicated speeds and behaviours of vehicles at such were quite fantastical. For me, that's where the AI is probably at its worst... even though the slow, dithering drivers and suicidal pedestrians are quite realistic!

Soldato
I do find the whole saga a bit funny to be honest. Before release I dared to boldly claim that this might not been the best game ever and was shot down.
I think they have rode the wave now, people don't seem to care anymore and have moved on. You will probably see a Witcher 4 announcement soon to make people forget even more. :p

Back
Top Bottom