*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

I don't know if you should really expect it to be longer than 10hrs. I usually 100% the map in about 60hrs for a playthrough, even taking my time & basking in the scenery. So I'd expect around 10 hrs from the DLC. Cyberpunk 2077 is actually quite a short open world game in many ways, the main differentiators are across playthroughs for certain dialogue/easter eggs but even then it doesn't add up to a lot more.

I'm not expecting a lot of hours from the dlc story but it's adding a whole lot to the rest of the game from what is being reported. New skills, gear, changing the police systems again etc. I'm looking forward to starting a new game and having another full play through with the expansion.

Last edited:
I'm not expecting a lot of hours from the dlc story but it's adding a whole lot to the rest of the game from what is being reported. New skills, gear, changing the police systems again etc. I'm looking forward to starting a new game and having another full play through with the expansion.

My plan also. Will start a fresh game. So probably 80+ hours there for me at least. Spent 100+ on my first playthrough.

There will be a lot of hours as it turns out, and the way it's done is similar to Witcher 3 expansions, it's taking place during the main game, but you can start it immediately if you like. The stuff that happens in the DLC will affect the ending of the main game too and you can unlock a new ending as a result. Also other stuff happens through the game which you can take part in. The revamps AI, cops and everythign else are in the bas egame, so probably best idea is to start a new play-through and play the game how it should have been from day 1, finally, with the addition of this new area of the city.

Phantom Liberty Q&A – Cyberpunk 2077 Is Getting a New Ending and Tons of New Content

After a presentation held by CD Projekt RED, we interviewed Gabe Amatangelo, Game Director and VP at the Polish studio, to go over the finer details of Phantom Liberty...

With Phantom Liberty, are you picking up from one of the endings of Cyberpunk 2077, and if so, which one?

No, this takes place in the midst of it. You get to a certain point in the game and this unlocks, but of course, we let you skip right to it much like it was done in The Witcher 3's expansions...It's the same thing as it takes place during. Now it has endings, different endings based on how things play out...Then, based on the ending within Phantom Liberty, you can unlock a new ending in the base game

Is there going to be a lot of new side content in Phantom Liberty?

Oh my God. Yes, so much. There's so much like, it's not just the main storyline, there's a bunch of different sort of side quests and side activities and I don't know if we have enough time, but we created all these new things that other characters in the world do and it takes place with or without you. The world is alive and you can intercept or interfere or they can just play out and there's a bunch of new activities like this in the world

Do you have any details on the anticipated improvements for the police system and the vehicular combat?

I have tons, but we don't have much time. Goodness, what do I say? Basically, they have all kinds of new tactics and they'll pull all these new tactics on you depending on how much mayhem - or, in the case of Dogtown, not mayhem because they are kind of a militia. Obviously, if you escalate all the way to that, we're going to have a bunch of different possible conflicts as the situation escalates

https://wccftech.com/phantom-libert...tons-of-new-content-to-make-night-city-alive/

And also path tracing gameplay:

As I suspected, I do still reckon the CPU reqs are mostly nonsense. If they have bumped up the visuals now though, then they have not mentioned anything about it at all which would be just weird.

I do still reckon the CPU reqs are mostly nonsense.
I wouldn't be so sure, if they overhauled NPC behaviour, added the more detailed cop behaviour etc, that all eats into CPU time. When you have 50NPCs on screen in an open world and they are not just cardboards but AI entities and add RT to the mix with its heavy CPU load..

As I suspected, I do still reckon the CPU reqs are mostly nonsense. If they have bumped up the visuals now though, then they have not mentioned anything about it at all which would be just weird.

Dunno about the DLC but as far as CPU goes the game plays absolutely fine on my 10 year old Xeon E5-1650 V2 at 4.7GHz - just a couple of spots it can get slightly stuttery if crowd density is at ultra. Though there does seem to be some issues with memory bandwidth/tuning and resource streaming which can bog down otherwise capable CPUs if you don't have the memory capabilities there to support it - I suspect one of the reasons my CPU holds up so well is the generous memory bandwidth of the platform. Though it also holds up pretty well on my 10870H laptop though that does have reasonable base memory bandwidth backed up with performance RAM (being 8 core / 16 thread probably doesn't hurt either).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom