D&D 5e, starting a game soon, any DM's have tips?

Associate
Either Thursday/Sunday should would work fine for me as well.
I usually get home on weekdays between 17:30-18:00 and generally have my dinner within 30-40 minutes of getting home so anytime after 19:00 on a weekday (Sundays I can be available anytime after 16:00).

I'm fine with filling in the PDF character sheet, just need to know attribute system (stat array, point buy or rolled) and starting loot.

Soldato
To be fair Thursday was best for me as well so we can call it Thursday nights, weekly, running 1930-2230. I say weekly as at times I work away so may end up missing some so better to miss some if it's running weekly than bi-weekly and then if we miss it ends up a month between games.

I'll wait and see if we can grab more from here. Run a group of 4 or 5 can easily grab more from roll20 if we can't fill out from here.

Can you chaps trust me and I'll reply with the PDF sheet? It's a self calculating one if you just put the details in. Stats wise in slightly more generous and go 16/15/14/13/12/10.

Soldato
Very interested, I currently play DnD every other monday in another group, and starting DH on Tuesdays soon, so any evening other than Monday/Tuesday is good for me. Any time too :D

I'm good to create a character solo.

Happy days :)

If you can also PM me when I get a mail from all of you (1 so far) I'll send out a group message with the PDF sheet.

Does starting 2 weeks this Thursday (20/07) work for you all?

Just remember we need a tank and healing role in the group if you want to sort that among yourselves for who is playing what.

I'm going to beg your indulgence as a group early in that the first session will also include me getting used to DM'ing on roll20 so may start a little slowly :p

Soldato
Shami - I was thinking magic as well. One of us could do healer and the other offensive?

I've never been a healer so don't mind taking that role! :D

No1 - trust mail about to be sent.

Soldato
Id love to get in on this not played d&d since I was a kid in the early 90's playing dragon quest with my mates

Would need a quick run down of current rules and character creation but would love to get involved

Soldato
Ok then.

@ shami & stuie are you both ok with thursdays 1930-2230?

If so I'll stop it there at 5 people and start putting final plans in place.

Hughes - tankie character
shami - caster of some type
Pud - healer of sole description
Sky - ranger/bard
Stuie - picks what you want :)

I'll wait on the other trusts and get the pdfs out this evening, they are pretty self explanatory but any issues let me know.

I like my characters to have a story so please fill out the backstory/description sheet. It even lets you add a picture!

Oh, in your backstory I think you start in winterfell so have a reason for being there so I can hook in.

Soldato
If you're low on players, I can actually make Thursdays after a situation change in my RL group (we play with the same folk, just on a Monday night now). However, I also appreciate that there are people here who don't have a group, so they should definitely be ahead of me in the queue (even ignoring the fact I'm quite late to the discussion!) :D

Soldato
Thursdays are great for me is this over skype?

Roll20 itself has a talk function doesn't it? (Betrays ignorance of roll20 :o)

If you're low on players, I can actually make Thursdays after a situation change in my RL group (we play with the same folk, just on a Monday night now). However, I also appreciate that there are people here who don't have a group, so they should definitely be ahead of me in the queue (even ignoring the fact I'm quite late to the discussion!) :D

More than happy mate if you want to join as long as you are all ok with 6? Means some encounter tweaking for me but I'm good with that.

Associate
Roll 20 has a chat function which works fairly well, including a new whisper feature. In my other group, we use roll20 and if required google hangouts which we found better than Skype..

I'll bard as we have 6

Soldato
Roll20 itself has a talk function doesn't it? (Betrays ignorance of roll20 :o)
It does have its own voice/video options. You can also access it through Google Hangouts.

More than happy mate if you want to join as long as you are all ok with 6? Means some encounter tweaking for me but I'm good with that.
I don't want to put anyone out, and I've played Lost Mine, but I'm pretty good at drawing a line between player and character knowledge. I can always play someone dim as well :D

Soldato
As I've got an open character at the moment what in your guys experiance would gel in with that group, dwarven fighter elven bowmaster maybe a cleric? whats missing?

Soldato
As I've got an open character at the moment what in your guys experiance would gel in with that group, dwarven fighter elven bowmaster maybe a cleric? whats missing?

If you've got a "healer" and "tank" character (as much as DnD provides specific roles) you've got free rein.

What playstyle do you find most fun in general on RP games and I can point you in the right direction.

@ pookie, get involved bud, most have seen LMoP these days but I just want a decent ease in to ensure the group has legs before buying Storm King or curse of strahd which are about £40 on roll20! I'll watch for any shenanigans and nuke you if I see anything shifty :p:D

Soldato
If this takes off and we want to buy adventures or maps I see no reason why we shouldnt all throw a fiver in the pot to help cover costs

Back
Top Bottom