Dark Souls 3

Not at all tbh, no massive overarching plot or anything, sometimes some nods to others in the series but you shouldnt feel lost starting here

Not strictly true....there is an overarching plot that link all 3 games together, but each game happens in its own period of time....but the story is told through the environment and through reading the things you pick up.

That being said you do t have to have played the first two, as it can be played on its own as a challenge to try and defeat....but maybe watch some of the lore videos on YouTube that explain what the whole world is about.

I understand that and thats what im excited about but i mean for a new player there wont be much missed in that sense imo! That stuff is apparent if you have played the others, but i assume playing this as a first dive into the series it will be a non issue, i dont think the player will feel any more lost than the rest of us :D

Surely a 970 should be just fine? I am tempted to go sli soon though as i would prefer 1440p but tbh ill play this over steam link so can only do 1080 anyway!

I was weak and just ordered the lesser ps4 version for the chance to play it over the weekend lol. Will probably get rid for the pc one after 1 play through

PS4? Nice, if Quantum Break wasn't out tomorrow, that comes with all the Alan Wake material, which I will also play, I'dve done the same as you mate.

Like I mentioned, Steam is recommending a 970, a review or something said 980, so hopefully this will be a better port then Dark Souls :)

Can you not just burn an effigy in a bonfire? I thought I read somewhere that doing that stops all PvP invasions for that game session?

Started playing DSII SOTFS for the first time (first souls game) to prepare for DS3, Man i knew this was going to be tough but my god!

Im still a far while off completing but im glad im playing it, Saves me getting frustrated as DS3

Restarted DK2 to get ready and brush up on my skills sicne new game is centred around fast pace combat and dodging more than block - strafe - strike. This time i played through two handed dex builds, was real fun. The new game really seems to encorouge and reward people who duel and work of fighting skills with moves like guard breaks with two handed weapons and counters for interrupting attacks with a shield strike.

Even opening two bosses seem like ones you are forced to dodge rather than block through the combos.

I also like the slight changes. Addition of luck stat and what looks like a frozen status effect. Also the much larger variety in combat moves.

Last edited:
Not strictly true....there is an overarching plot that link all 3 games together, but each game happens in its own period of time....but the story is told through the environment and through reading the things you pick up.

That being said you do t have to have played the first two, as it can be played on its own as a challenge to try and defeat....but maybe watch some of the lore videos on YouTube that explain what the whole world is about.

I didn't even know there was a story I literally watched the intro and that was about it.

I didn't even know there was a story I literally watched the intro and that was about it.
Story/lore is there for those who want to discover it, but it's easily ignorable and entirely enjoyable without worrying about it one bit.

Frankly, I think the 'deepness' of the lore is also quite overrated. It's largely just a bunch of people trying to fill in massive, ridiculous gaps with guesses and assumptions.

I honestly think FROM basically just designs a bunch of awesome looking monsters and areas and then tries to patch in some names and 'context' for their existence, even if its not very sensical.

I'm bloody excited for this.

One of the ONLY games i actually completed then started playing again was DS2...

This one looks epic. Hopefully its as easy to summon your friends in this one as it was in DS2..

PS4? Nice, if Quantum Break wasn't out tomorrow, that comes with all the Alan Wake material, which I will also play, I'dve done the same as you mate.

Like I mentioned, Steam is recommending a 970, a review or something said 980, so hopefully this will be a better port then Dark Souls :)

Hope some new drivers come out then before next week

Quote from a review

"Every level is not only full of breathtaking architectural marvels and the most minute environmental embellishments, but also dense with things to do and see from moment to moment. But those views are more intense than Dark Souls 3 can handle – dramatic framerate dips (which we saw even on an ultra-high-end PC with two GeForce GTX Titan Zs) caused a lot of these fantastic looking areas to drag along, sometimes down to 20 to 25 FPS. But the rest of the time, when it is running at a smooth 60 (on PC only), Dark Souls 3 is a sight to see."

Doesn't say what res though.

Hope some new drivers come out then before next week

Quote from a review

"Every level is not only full of breathtaking architectural marvels and the most minute environmental embellishments, but also dense with things to do and see from moment to moment. But those views are more intense than Dark Souls 3 can handle – dramatic framerate dips (which we saw even on an ultra-high-end PC with two GeForce GTX Titan Zs) caused a lot of these fantastic looking areas to drag along, sometimes down to 20 to 25 FPS. But the rest of the time, when it is running at a smooth 60 (on PC only), Dark Souls 3 is a sight to see."

Doesn't say what res though.

Could also be that SLi doesnt work yet? With two Titan Z you are running 4 way SLI with down clocked original Titan GPUs. If SLI doesn't work they are essentially running on a single underclocked GK110 chip. If thats the case then a 970 will outperform that setup.

Yeah im not too worried with a Ti and im not suprised that SLI won't work for this kinda game.

The Titan Z is 2 Titan Blacks so should handle this but it could just be a bug with current drivers so out of the 4 titan blacks could only be using one.

Back
Top Bottom