Dark Souls 3

Soldato
Been using Dark Sword, seems really nice and the special move thing is great! Is it quite rare? Looked the weapon up and found a farming guid for it i mus have got lucky as i got it from the first enemie of its type i killed!

On farron boss atm and also at the door of the other areas boss, its stepped up in difficulty now :)

I got it on my first drop! Reminds me of the swords in the movie "300" that the Spartans wielded. A bit short range for my liking but does have cool move set.

Associate
I'm a bit worried about the whole Invalid Data thing and potentially getting "soft banned".

I've been getting the message since day one and the only thing that I can think has been causing it is the Afterburner/RivaTuner overlay. At first I thought it was because I alt+f4'd the game instead of doing it correctly but here I am now.

Be a bit salty if can't play normally with friends :(

Soldato
Interesting farming site for cracked red orbs(if you are a pesty invader) and dark wraith armour and weapons plus free souls! Walk to the archway from the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire, stand at the entrance. Let the 2 dark wraithes walk up the hill, they'll fight with other enemies up there and you get the souls and get to watch some A.I fighting! Walk up when they are done and finish the survivors off. Got 2 swords and 2 gauntlets off the knights, about 8 cracked red eyes, and weapons and weapon mods off the other enemies!

Cool place to chill and have a laugh now and then :)

Soldato
yeh its a good farming spot, plus you can get a really decent sword that will see you through to the endgame and PvP I believe.

If you crack a coin, you are guaranteed to get decent drops in that area

Soldato
Wooo, next weekend, got a solid amount of confirmed numbers. I'm hosting a Drunk Souls at my place. Anyone got a good set of basic rules. Gamers and none gamers will be present. I'm thinking of pairing people up and that pair nominating a coordinator and one as a player. Everyone drinks on a death, 2 shots for gravity death and finish drinks when a boss is beaten.

Soldato
I'm a bit late to the party on this and it's like putting on a comfortable old jacket. I'm only a few bosses in and it feels like a nice mix of Demon and Dark Souls, with a bit of Bloodborne thrown in. So not bad at all :) I sometimes wish it was possible to erase the memory of previous games as, despite it still being tricky, I was breezing through it as a warrior and got up to and beat the first few bosses without a death. Being a shield wall was just too familiar so I started again with an assassin and am enjoying it even more now. And the deaths are now coming in fast and furious too!

Great game so far.

Soldato
Got my Uchi +10 and the Pontiff curved sword +5 now. Loving both of them and switch between them all the time. The curved sword can't be buffed unfortunately.

Associate
Been using Dark Sword, seems really nice and the special move thing is great! Is it quite rare? Looked the weapon up and found a farming guid for it i mus have got lucky as i got it from the first enemie of its type i killed!

On farron boss atm and also at the door of the other areas boss, its stepped up in difficulty now :)

Dark Sword is seriously OP.

R2 is a bit boring, but R1 spam is pretty mental in terms of damage and speed.

Soldato
yeh its a good farming spot, plus you can get a really decent sword that will see you through to the endgame and PvP I believe.

If you crack a coin, you are guaranteed to get decent drops in that area

Yep, it's cool watching the A.I. fight! Got the full set of Dark Wraith armor, and the sword, just missing the shield :) I have the basic discovery stat.

On a side note, I'm using the Large Club with just 22 Strength(the minimum) and the Pontiffs Right Eye ring is awesome with it, almost doubles the damage of the first hit with the second. 500+ damage with second hit!

Soldato
On my second play through I'm using Uchigatana and the game is so much easier, all bosses that I though were super aggressive and fast are much easier. Fast weapons seems to be the way to go if you want the game to be a little bit less challenging.

Associate
my first play through i used the uchigatana from the very start to the very end and loved it. also got the wolf great sword from the farron keep watchers covenant which is fun to use. started a fresh save for my second one but want to stay as a knight the whole game any one came across any decent straight swords?

Soldato
Using the wolf greatsword atm too.. absolutely love it but requires a little to get used to the move set as some attacks are so slow but powerful when timed correctly 2h weapon skill is awesome too..

gonna play high dex build char on 2nd playthrough gone full str vit and end atm..

Soldato
Even though I have the uchi +10, I do prefer the Pontiff Knight curved sword. Uses a lot less stamina and attacks much more quickly, and at +5 does pretty much the same damage. Can't be buffed though. It's weapon art attack is great too, especially for pvp where it can catch players out who roll too quickly.

Soldato
Any pyros out there? Are fire whip or firestorm worth using? At the moment I'm just chaos bed vestiging everything to death. Need to up my faith a bit to get black fire orb.

Back
Top Bottom