Dark Souls 3

Soldato
OP
I think the lore for DS2 is the most interesting by far imo. Don't really care for any of it in 3, and tbh I'm sick of all this tedious story through item description nonsense. Something new going forward please!

Overall I think DS3 is the strongest game though.

DS2 & 3 spoils
How can you not love that style!? It adds so much impact when you actually experience the descriptions, like how the Drang warriors began dual wielding to intimidate foes and then you fight some and it's like... 'no pls'. :p

Or finding Lucateils body in Undead Settlement, that was chilling, or fighting the monster that killed and consumed Gwyndolin. DS3 makes so many references to 2 and 1 it feels great. Just wish half of Anor Londo wasn't missing and we could go back to the painted world.

Soldato
I thought people enjoyed ds2 but since this has come out ive heard a lot of negativity about 2. It was a good game imo, the settings were a bit too varied for my liking but it had some great places to explore. But then i suppose it would be low down on my list of souls games but as a game in general it was great.

Upgraded to scholar and never really tried it as i got the 100% for the base game and felt a bit burnt out

Permabanned
Im loving the game but Ive put 15 hours into grinding up to a level 42 knight with high strength and HP and Im only just past the first real boss at the end of the second level. I now wish I had rolled a higher dex character like my bloodbourne dude and Im debating rolling an alt

Soldato
OP
this is the first time ive played a dark souls...should I kill npc's who don't attack me?

No no no, you'll be missing out on nice items periodically, like they give you items for after killing bosses and their questlines give you really good items you can't get elsewhere. Majority of them are vendors too who sell very useful supplies like magic, miracles, pyromancies, hexes, embers, weapons, armor, weapon buffs. The blacksmith too is extremely useful.

Although the old lady merchant, blacksmith and level up lady respawn when killed, the services they offer become more expensive the more you kill them.

Associate
^ I gave in and summoned a randomer for that...too much of a pain in the ass with the other enemies in the field.

Finding this one a fair bit tougher than DS1/2 tbh. At least partially because collecting souls and levelling up seems slower. First Black Knight is handing my arse to me, didn't have much trouble with the equivalent in DS1.
Though in some ways it's the opposite, I spanked Iudex Gundyr first time but have terrible memories of the Asylum Demon :D

Soldato
I found the tree really tough until I figured out he had weak spots on his limbs as well as belly and he only took a couple of goes after that.

Overall I'm finding it easier than the others, but I think that's down to fairer placing of bonfires and shortcuts and seemingly more generous embers more than anything. I still fall for most of the traps first time!

Last edited:
Permabanned
I found the tree really tough until I figured out he had weak spots on his limbs as well as belly and he only took a couple of goes after that.

Overall I'm finding it easier than the others, but I think that's down to fairer placing of bonfires and shortcuts and seemingly more generous embers more than anything. I still fall for most of the traps first time!

Ive just beaten him by myself. I love the feeling you get from this game when you figure stuff out or manage to beat a tough boss with a tiny bit of health left. Just picked up a massive machete with 280+ damage as well :eek: Which isnt bad considering Im still on with the second set of levels

Associate
Just killed Old Demon King, that entire area is retarded... I ran miles and miles in circles to turn off one spear which I probably could have avoided anyway :S

Soldato
Deacons are the easiest boss in the game ad maybe even the series? Maybe!

Ive never felt the need to grind in souls but does this one head that way then? So far seems well paced to just go with the flow

Last edited:
Associate
Easiest bosses so far for me have been High Lord Wolnir (intimidating to look at but killed him first try), and Old Demon King (again, killed him first go but I guess a melee class will have a tougher time than I did with sorcerer on this one).

Have enjoyed most of the bosses so far but I did think those Deacons were a little poor to be honest. Think I must be close to reaching Pontiff Sulyvahn now, and I hear that guy can be a nightmare. Can't wait!!

Associate
I need to improve on the basics of the combat. I'm still at the high wall and struggling to get around when I keep getting destroyed by the guys with big axes. What are peoples general approach to these basic enemies?

Soldato
I need to improve on the basics of the combat. I'm still at the high wall and struggling to get around when I keep getting destroyed by the guys with big axes. What are peoples general approach to these basic enemies?

The axe guys are slow so roll towards them diagonally and you end up on their left/right back. Attack a few times, kill if you stagger them, roll again if you don't. Also, they will sometimes attack with combos - 2-3 quick, linked attacks. Roll to avoid the first ones, block the last one with your shield and then let them have it. Keep trying, this is a trial and error game.

Back
Top Bottom