Dark Souls 3

Soldato
OP
So this was fun :D
434CC97E439159076D6C8FD7800F47C39B07E100

Got my Onikiri and Ubadachi to +10 on NG+, celebrated by taking a Black Knight's head off :cool:

C8165AA1FDB1ECC5F1953AC044B192EA84DEB89F

Associate
No, put the talismon in a spare shield slot. Change shield to talisman and press left bumper button to use heal spell. You'll figure it out :)

Cheers. I'll have a play. Just killed (spoiler removed) something or other. Nice challenging fight, used an ember right at the end to finish him off! Onto Anor londo(?) or something now :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers. I'll have a play. Just killed Pontiff something or other. Nice challenging fight, used an ember right at the end to finish him off! Onto
Anor londo(?)
or something now :)

Ohh nooo, massive spoiler for any ds1 players!id tag it :D. I think i spoiled this for myself a few days ago , if this is your first you werent to know!

Due to having a little one now this i havent been able to sink my usual hours into it yet :( love it though

I agree its like a greatest hits collection which im fine with at the moment, i dont think this will be the last souls game. Even if from or someone pulls out, namco may milk it dry.

Would love to see From do something new now

Last edited:
Permabanned
I agree its like a greatest hits collection which im fine with at the moment, i dont think this will be the last souls game. Even if from or someone pulls out, namco may milk it dry.

Would love to see From do something new now

Agreed. Although I think this might be my favourite in the series, I think it's enough now.

Soldato
Agreed. Although I think this might be my favourite in the series, I think it's enough now.

Yea, i remember when it got announced i didnt feel excited i felt a bit like come on your ruining a good thing, but they did a good job but that will do i think

Bloodborne or dark souls may be my favourite

Permabanned
Yea, i remember when it got announced i didnt feel excited i felt a bit like come on your ruining a good thing, but they did a good job but that will do i think

Bloodborne or dark souls may be my favourite

Yep, 3 games over a 3 year period was a little too much. Especially when you consider the nature of the games, there's only so much 'trial by fire' I can take in such a short space of time.

I think for me it's:

5. DS2
4. Demons Souls
3. Bloodborne
And then DS3 and the original tie for first place. Think it's probably going to be the case for a lot of long time fans. Ironically DS2 is the one I've replayed the most. Absolutely love certain aspects of it's design and to a certain extent I like the fact it's a little more linear.

Soldato
Had my first rage quit last night. Actually couldn't pick it up after. In the catacombs. The frog area. Died twice. Lost lots of souls. I just wasn't in the zone. Tonight, I'll jump back on and go through the area. I feel it's the first area to actually challenge me in terms of me having my shield up, making sure I have appropriate gear (fashion souls out the window at this point, I need fire resist!).

I don't feel like I've missed anything, I certainly have NO chance of killing that sand worm thing. It 1 hits me!

Other than that, enjoying it. Got the new pyromancy tome, so will hand that in. Even though I'm a dex build (still loving the Uchi at +6), I'm using pyro to enchant my sword with flames which just destroys targets. LOVING IT!!!

Now I've got Dex to 30, I'm going to focus on stamina (as after about 6 swings, I run out, always wishing I had more stam) and then attunement slots to tie in a few more pyromancies.

Absolutely in love with this game. But last night it beat me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had my first rage quit last night. Actually couldn't pick it up after. In the catacombs. The frog area. Died twice. Lost lots of souls. I just wasn't in the zone. Tonight, I'll jump back on and go through the area. I feel it's the first area to actually challenge me in terms of me having my shield up, making sure I have appropriate gear (fashion souls out the window at this point, I need fire resist!).

I don't feel like I've missed anything, I certainly have NO chance of killing that sand worm thing. It 1 hits me!

Yeah I think the game does a really good job at finding every players weakness and exploiting it in different areas.

Happened for me after the Dancer fight. Progress was so sluggish after that point.

Soldato
Yeah I think the game does a really good job at finding every players weakness and exploiting it in different areas.

Happened for me after the Dancer fight. Progress was so sluggish after that point.

I was summoned to help with the dancer, I've yet to face it. It was a damn cool fight!!! Really awesome boss. So elegant yet deadly, appropriately named dancer.

By any chance, do you or anyone know how on earth I'm meant to loot in the catacombs lava pits? It kills me in like 3 hits (I've got VERY low health, as I'd rather avoid attacks and have more appropriate stats as a DEX build).

Soldato
Anyone haveing the issue with black bars?

No matter what Scaling setting i use i cant lower the res and keep the screen full.
It sticks it in a black box.

Im playing on a 40" 4k monitor and i just want to drop down a single notch, sees an increase fro 30fps to 45fps.

With the Scaling set to full screen it just flashes at me and thats on all drivers.

Soldato
I think for me it's:

5. DS2
4. Demons Souls
3. Bloodborne
And then DS3 and the original tie for first place. Think it's probably going to be the case for a lot of long time fans. Ironically DS2 is the one I've replayed the most. Absolutely love certain aspects of it's design and to a certain extent I like the fact it's a little more linear.

Good round up, I do love Dark Souls 1 myself :)

Soldato
Yeh it really is mines at +6 and when infused with a heavy gem it's mental.

Infusing poison to it, reduces the physical but because of how fast this sword is you'll be poisoning for fun, especially in PvP! I've used the heavy gem on my +4 Large Club,and because its a str weapon my scaling is now A in str! I have 22 strength and am doing 300 damage almost 600 with second hit because of my pontiffs left eye ring :)

Might stick a sharp gem on my uchi, I've put quite a bit in dex.

Soldato
OP
Scholar of the 1st Sin is tied with DS3 for the best DS game. Dark Souls 1 is a nostalgia bomb at the best. Demons' Souls takes the crown though, still the best bosses in the souls series, only boss that comes close to those is Nameless King.

Not sure why the bosses got significantly less epic when Demon's turned into Dark?

Soldato
Scholar of the 1st Sin is tied with DS3 for the best DS game. Dark Souls 1 is a nostalgia bomb at the best. Demons' Souls takes the crown though, still the best bosses in the souls series, only boss that comes close to those is Nameless King.

Not sure why the bosses got significantly less epic when Demon's turned into Dark?

I think the lore for DS2 is the most interesting by far imo. Don't really care for any of it in 3, and tbh I'm sick of all this tedious story through item description nonsense. Something new going forward please!

Overall I think DS3 is the strongest game though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom