Dark Souls 3

Soldato
I think I have buggered up my knight build.

I have no embers left and none I can buy, I am on level 69 but I normally die within 2/3 hits on the smoldering lake from NPC's.

can't seem to get the Dark Sword from the NPC's in the abyss watchers.

My Char build is around 24/25 Strength and Dex, Vitality is about 17 and some endurance and not much on Vigor.

However reading some things on google, Vigor is important for damage per hit? I am pretty much stuck between boreal dancer and the old knight boss.

Soldato
If you want an ember, put your summon sign down at a boss door. If you help the host defeat the boss you get kindled and get an ember.

Thanks basically my build is crap, I've wasted souls on intelligence for a magic weapon that really should have gone to strength and vigor, no wonder I get stomped my strength is to low and vigor./ vitality stat should be higher :mad:. Should I farm souls to build my strength and vigor stat or start again?

Soldato
Thanks basically my build is crap, I've wasted souls on intelligence for a magic weapon that really should have gone to strength and vigor, no wonder I get stomped my strength is to low and vigor./ vitality stat should be higher :mad:. Should I farm souls to build my strength and vigor stat or start again?

Personally, I would find a weapon you like, then just concentrate on the stat that increases damage for it, either dex or strength(my NG+ dex based character ended with 40dex and 12str). The game will seem easier if you get vigor to 20 at least as you'll be able to absorb a few hits(I finished on 20 as my character was completely focussed on not getting hit). Vitality isn't really that important tbh so long as you have your equip load low enough to roll, and 70% is the limit for medium rolls which is all you need.

If you don't like your build though, you will be able to join a covenant about half way through the game that will let you respec. You will almost certainly need a guide to find it though. It is called Rosaria's Fingers and it is found in Cathedral of The Deep if you have got that far.

Associate
Sorry for the noob question what is the NG+ and NG1

If you don't like your build though, you will be able to join a covenant about half way through the game that will let you respec. You will almost certainly need a guide to find it though. It is called Rosaria's Fingers and it is found in Cathedral of The Deep if you have got that far.

that is very helpful because i have done a cleric but killed the npc lol oops

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry for the noob question what is the NG+ and NG1

New game plus. When you finish the game, you start again keeping your level and items and the enemies scale higher. It used to be all the rage in games then kind of went away, but has made bit of a comeback recently and a lot of games are starting to have some kind of ng+ again now.

Soldato
Will the NPC be harder based on your level ? For example a boss at level 50 will have less health compared to a build at level 70 same boss more health?

All enemies will have the same health no matter what level you are. The only time it changes in on ng+ where every enemy's health is increased, though I'm not sure how much.

Associate
I might have to start again. Only got to the Crystal Sage I think she was called or summit like that. Just about to do the swamp boss. The reason is because i cannot buy miracles I killed the npc.

I feel that I have shot myself in the foot with building my faith for no reason now and loosing out on other stats.

I am managing so far so should i carry on and concentrate on other stats? have a done well getting as far as i have considering ****ing up at the beginning

Soldato
Decons of the deep is the easiest boss by far. anything after Pontiff gets tricky and you will notice the game difficulty in Pontiffs city, as some of the NPC's combo's are insane.

Irithyll Dungeon is a bum sore, you will understand when you get there and so is the swamps.

Once I farm and hopefully kill the 2 bosses next is the Archives before Dragon Armor then hitting NG+ and helping other players.

Soldato
This game feels rewarding when you actually reach the next bonfire and, I don't think a game has ever made me die this many times in such a short space of time.

I do think I'm playing completely wrong though? The bottom right number, is this the souls you collect? When you die, do these reset to 0? I find myself travelling back and forth from Firelink Shrine but I aren't able to upgrade anything.

Soldato
This game feels rewarding when you actually reach the next bonfire and, I don't think a game has ever made me die this many times in such a short space of time.

I do think I'm playing completely wrong though? The bottom right number, is this the souls you collect? When you die, do these reset to 0? I find myself travelling back and forth from Firelink Shrine but I aren't able to upgrade anything.

Correct when you die and respawn at the bonfire you need to pick them up where you died, if you die again without picking them up you loose them forever. The game can be very punishing if you die and lose a lot of souls which is why it's best to either go back to the bonfire or use homeward bone.

Soldato
The game can be very punishing if you die and lose a lot of souls which is why it's best to either go back to the bonfire or use homeward bone.
But then you have to go through the whole area again!

That whole risk vs reward aspect is a big part of what makes the games so great. This one seems to have really nailed the balance, too. In DS2, bonfires could sometimes be disappointingly close to each other, reducing the sense of risk and satisfaction of pushing through an area to find a shortcut/bonfire.

Soldato
I think I have buggered up my knight build.

I have no embers left and none I can buy, I am on level 69 but I normally die within 2/3 hits on the smoldering lake from NPC's.

can't seem to get the Dark Sword from the NPC's in the abyss watchers.

My Char build is around 24/25 Strength and Dex, Vitality is about 17 and some endurance and not much on Vigor.

However reading some things on google, Vigor is important for damage per hit? I am pretty much stuck between boreal dancer and the old knight boss.

Do a little farming at the Keep Ruins to Farron Perimeter. Go to an archway and watch the Dark Wraithes fight with the other enemies, fun to watch. Finish the enemies off, rinse and repeat, you'll level fast, get a dark sword and probably all the Dark Wraith armour.

Soldato

Find http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Rosaria,+Mother+of+Rebirth to reset your stats. Get tongues off the farming area I mentioned earlier if you haven't got any.

Soldato
@dave1983

I'd get 27 health, after that you don't get so much each level. 30 endurance. I'd go for a strength build, probably easiest build, stick a heavy gem on the dark sword so it scales A in strength. Make sure you have the ring of Favor and/or Havels ring which will allow you to wear top armour(increases equip load).

EDIT: Stick a heavy gem into a heavy great club to switch to and use two handed in certain areas, does a ton of damage.

Rings: Pontiffs Right Eye, Ring of Favor, Chloranthy Ring, Havels Ring/Gold Serpant Ring(more useful drops, increases item discovery)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom