Dark Souls 3

Soldato
@dave1983

I'd get 27 health, after that you don't get so much each level. 30 endurance. I'd go for a strength build, probably easiest build, stick a heavy gem on the dark sword so it scales A in strength. Make sure you have the ring of Favor and/or Havels ring which will allow you to wear top armour(increases equip load).

EDIT: Stick a heavy gem into a heavy great club to switch to and use two handed in certain areas, does a ton of damage.

Rings: Pontiffs Right Eye, Ring of Favor, Chloranthy Ring, Havels Ring/Gold Serpant Ring(more useful drops, increases item discovery)

Awsome thanks guys, can't seem to get the Dark Sword though no matter how many times I try, do I need to increase my stat on luck? or use the rusted coin?

Soldato
That whole risk vs reward aspect is a big part of what makes the games so great. This one seems to have really nailed the balance, too. In DS2, bonfires could sometimes be disappointingly close to each other, reducing the sense of risk and satisfaction of pushing through an area to find a shortcut/bonfire.

I thought the opposite tbh. You can actually see some bonfires from the next one, and shortcuts seem to be pretty pointless most of the time as warping between bonfires makes them completely redundant. Many times I have opened up a shortcut but thought to myself, 'well, that's nice, but I'm never going to use it'

Soldato
Awsome thanks guys, can't seem to get the Dark Sword though no matter how many times I try, do I need to increase my stat on luck? or use the rusted coin?

I had standard 107 item discovery and got about 10 dark swords, I did farm for a while obviously, wanted the tongues and the pretty useful armour, and of course the most overpowered straight sword in the game. Selecting the right gem to infuse is important. Fire is useless against some enemies so straight physical attack is the most sensible way to go. Using a heavy gem scales the weapon to A in str completely reliant on your str, and wow, wait till you have a maxed out dark sword and great heavy club(both with heavy gem) with 30+ str, it is amazing damage, especially if you use the pontiffs right eye ring. The heavy great club will scare invaders!

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought the opposite tbh. You can actually see some bonfires from the next one, and shortcuts seem to be pretty pointless most of the time as warping between bonfires makes them completely redundant. Many times I have opened up a shortcut but thought to myself, 'well, that's nice, but I'm never going to use it'

Personally I found the bonfires perfectly placed, this game is so highly polished it beggars belief.

Soldato

That's why I love Demon's Souls and why I like Warping only being available after getting the Lordvessel. The shortcut feel so much more of a relief.

Soldato

Another tip. Use a Longbow to pull enemies, very useful. You can use the cheap 10 souls arrows from the male vendor and Firelink Shrine, get the 5 soul arrows(wooden) from the female vendor for back. Always make sure you restock your arrows, it's cheap. I'd take the Longbow to +6, wouldn't waste chunks after that. You'll need 14 dexterity.

EDIT: I recommend getting Faith to 12, so you can use heal and caressing hands, removes poison,toxin and curse I think, very useful and saves a fortune on moss. You'll need attunement to 14 for 2 spell slots.

Last edited:
Associate
Okay, I've regained my love for the Souls series with this game. I literally can't get enough of it. Gonna be my game of the year by a long way I think. I'm sure Naughty Dog fanboys will foam at the mouth at that statement but hell, let the ****ers do it I say. This is far more rewarding than any game in that series or just about any other for that matter.

Anyway, what I'm getting to here is I'm looking at picking up the original Dark Souls again, this time on PC but I've heard some bad comments about the port...720p 30fps etc which on a 1440p monitor I'm guessing will look like crap. Is this true or have they patched it? As long as it's 60fps I can put up with smudgy graphics. Anyone confirm how the current state of the game? Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, I've regained my love for the Souls series with this game. I literally can't get enough of it. Gonna be my game of the year by a long way I think. I'm sure Naughty Dog fanboys will foam at the mouth at that statement but hell, let the ****ers do it I say. This is far more rewarding than any game in that series or just about any other for that matter.

Anyway, what I'm getting to here is I'm looking at picking up the original Dark Souls again, this time on PC but I've heard some bad comments about the port...720p 30fps etc which on a 1440p monitor I'm guessing will look like crap. Is this true or have they patched it? As long as it's 60fps I can put up with smudgy graphics. Anyone confirm how the current state of the game? Thanks.

It runs at 60FPS and looks gorgeous using DSFix from nexus.com easy to patch.

EDIT: Make sure you turn anti aliasing off and motion blur off in game once you've applied DSFix.

Last edited:
Associate
Fantastic, thanks guys I'll be picking this up right away. Now just considering if it's worth buying a PS4 for Bloodborne as well. Seems a lot though as it's the only game worth buying for it.

Still, the Souls series is more than enough to keep me going. Cheers again.

Soldato
Fantastic, thanks guys I'll be picking this up right away. Now just considering if it's worth buying a PS4 for Bloodborne as well. Seems a lot though as it's the only game worth buying for it.

Still, the Souls series is more than enough to keep me going. Cheers again.

Bloodborne is epic, but it's another 120 hour game to do a thorough sweep. It's locked at 30fps too, roll on a PC version!

Dark Souls 1 @ 60 fps will put a bigger smile on your face :)

Permabanned
I'm a level 89 knight and the pyromancer has taught me the spell plus I've attuned at the bonfire but despite having skills high enough to use it,it always stays grayed out in my slot when I equip it? Any help please?

Also, I'm on the dragon armour guy now and its taken me 10 go's as of yet and I cant get him under half health. He's a tough one

Back
Top Bottom