Dark Souls 3

Soldato
I thought the opposite tbh. You can actually see some bonfires from the next one, and shortcuts seem to be pretty pointless most of the time as warping between bonfires makes them completely redundant. Many times I have opened up a shortcut but thought to myself, 'well, that's nice, but I'm never going to use it'
Being able to see a bonfire doesn't mean it will be easy or quick to get to. It's often a bit of a tease more than anything. It may help you give some sort of directional hint, but not much more in most cases. There are a couple exceptions, like being able to see the 1st bonfire from right outside Firelink shrine, but I think that can be forgiven due to it basically being the tutorial area. I also think the 1st Cathedral of the Deep bonfire is absolutely pointless, but as I said - exceptions and far from the norm.

The framerate dips below 30fps quite a bit I've read.
It holds 30fps most of the time in most areas, but it has regular little stutters due to bad frametiming, which they never fixed. So even when running at a solid 30fps, it rarely felt all that consistent.

Really bothered me, especially when you did get to areas where actual framedrops occur. What makes it worse is that the pace of the combat is faster than in other Souls games. So you really need the fluidity and responsiveness more than ever. And it just doesn't deliver on it. It's ultimately bearable and shouldn't put anybody off playing(it's a great game), but I did knock a point off my review of it as a result.

Soldato
Yeah I'm getting stutters like crazy. At the beginning part heading towards Firelink anyway the other day.
Oh, I was talking about Bloodborne there.

You are getting stutters because you're running a 560Ti and probably aren't even holding a solid 30fps. ;)

Pray for that 980Ti to come back ASAP.

Soldato
I'm a level 89 knight and the pyromancer has taught me the spell plus I've attuned at the bonfire but despite having skills high enough to use it,it always stays grayed out in my slot when I equip it? Any help please?

Also, I'm on the dragon armour guy now and its taken me 10 go's as of yet and I cant get him under half health. He's a tough one

Equip the pyromancy red glove thing in your hand.

Soldato
@sean, it's not that bad actually, a playable state to put it nicely.

I'm praying alright lol, Shall tackle the rest of Lothric High Wall soon, I need to defeat the large knight near the dragon.. he caught me well off guard.

Soldato
@Sean, it's not that bad actually, a playable state to put it nicely.

I'm praying alright lol, Shall tackle the rest of Lothric High Wall soon, I need to defeat the large knight near the dragon.. he caught me well off guard.

I'm near that section. A couple of tries and I can beat him but, I still die more than I kill him.

I love how so many times, I will go through a bunch of enemies fighting, then all of a sudden I get ganked from someone who was hidden away behind me.

Soldato
3rd boss in a row now that I'm finding it's absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to reliably avoid taking damage. It's getting super ridiculous. Never had this problem in any other Souls game.

I resorted to summoning for the last 2 and I've got this 3rd one down to low life, but I keep getting *****d with attacks that are basically impossible to avoid properly right at the end.

Aldrich is where I'm at. First phase is ok. Still a bit cheesy at times. The 2nd phase is just ridiculous, though. The problem is that you cant lock on to her. Whenever she does her arrow attack in the 2nd phase, you HAVE to book it. And there will also be orbs flying around zooming at you most of the time. This part is *mostly* something I can handle but sometimes when running away from the arrows she shoots these super quick lightning balls that I CANNOT see coming because I'm inevitably running away from the damn arrows. This is BS. And once that happens, the arrows catch up and I have to hope I'm lucky with the i-frames getting up.

The only thing that stops her constant spamming of ranged attacks is when you get near. Once you get her to melee attack you, she leaves herself super vulnerable and I can get a bunch of damage in most of the time. But actually getting to her without being damaged is super hard cuz I'm usually running from the damn orbs and arrows. If you go up to her too early the orbs and arrows will absolutely kill me everytime within seconds.

I really like the bosses overall. But I'm not finding it realistic to get through them based on general avoidance. And watching videos of other people beat them confirms that. Most everybody else just gets by on lots of life and just tanks hits and often just get really lucky at times. That, or they're summoning or using a bunch of ranged magic attacks that dont require getting up close.

Never had this problem in any of the other games barring a few bosses here and there. It seems to becoming a pattern now. The game is seriously punishing me for not putting a ton of points into Vigor because it feels like it is balanced around being able to take hits rather than being able to reliably avoid them. Getting really annoyed, despite loving the game.

EDIT: And then I got her very next try! lol

Trick was to stay aggressive and not keep her at a distance. I still couldn't avoid taking damage, but it stops her from doing most of her most deadly attacks.

Last edited:
Soldato
EDIT: And then I got her very next try! lol

Trick was to stay aggressive and not keep her at a distance. I still couldn't avoid taking damage, but it stops her from doing most of her most deadly attacks.

I wish I saw this earlier, but at least you did sort her out. Her fight had a bug first time I got to her. Had her health down to a 2 hit kill... she vanished and never returned. Good job I had a homeword bone.

Associate
First couple of tries my sorcerer struggled with Aldrich too but once I'd learned to see the fast lightning beam coming it was relatively easy to avoid. The problem is in the second half of the fight he can cast it up to 6 times in a quick succession. I'd heard it was 5 but he definitely cast 6 of the buggers at me very quickly. Killed by the last one.

Got him on the fourth attempt I think and I also had to switch to pyromancy glove as he's very resistant to magic. Good fight though, one of my favourites I'd say.

Oddly the one I struggle with no end is Oceiros. First half of the fight is a cakewalk but second half he just won't stay still and I have no time to get spells off before I'm barged over then tail whipped. I can see how it's straightforward for a melee class as you just stay under or close behind him much like Vordt and then there's only a couple of the freeze attacks you need to worry about but at range he's a nightmare....or he was for me anyway.

Associate
Quick question I killed the guy in firelink shrine, hardwick I think his name was, is this going to be bad going froward, I'd just upgrade my Uni so thought i'd whack him for a test didn't realise he would then become aggro all the time so ended up killing him.

Soldato
Serious question as I have seen it in a few places now. Is there some reason why some people seem to be referring to Aldrich as 'she'?
I could be totally wrong. Thought it looked like a she is all. Screen I took. Could just have mistaken him because of the long hair and clothing design and all I guess.

ma0PJMZ.jpg

Soldato
Quick question I killed the guy in firelink shrine, hardwick I think his name was, is this going to be bad going froward, I'd just upgrade my Uni so thought i'd whack him for a test didn't realise he would then become aggro all the time so ended up killing him.

No he's really not that important. Very few of them are...

Back
Top Bottom