Dark Souls 3

Soldato
I could be totally wrong. Thought it looked like a she is all. Screen I took. Could just have mistaken him because of the long hair and clothing design and all I guess.

Ah I see. I just got a bit confused as I have seen a few people refer to Aldrich as she and wondered why. I won't spoil any of the lore for you, but I'll say that Aldrich is just the sludge stuff on the lower half, like in the opening cinematic.

Also, I'm finding Dragonslayer armour incredibly hard on ng+!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a reminder for any new players and people who may of forgot. This game does not cloud save, so if your file corrupts or you forget to back it up if you decide to re-install make sure you backup the local file!

c:\yourname\appdata\roaming\darksoulsIII

Just back up that directory! 156 hours(in my case) lost would be tragic.

Appdata is a hidden directory so select show hidden folders.

Soldato
How on earth do I use a bow and arrow? I need to shoo the dragon away but my bow just "clicks"

Light crossbow: right hand weapon 1
arrows 1: standard arrow

I can bring the bow up to aim 1st person but firing it clicks and that's it, there's no arrows shown on the HUD.

Soldato
OP
I could be totally wrong. Thought it looked like a she is all. Screen I took. Could just have mistaken him because of the long hair and clothing design and all I guess.

Gwyndolin was transgendered, the hint of this for people who didn't play Dks1 is the sex change ring thing found where Gwyndolin was a boss in Dks1.

Soldato
Have to be honest, I'm getting a bit sick of almost every boss so far having some form of Gank mechanics. Abyss Watchers, Deacons, Wolmir, Crystal Sage and now Pontiff.

Soldato
Have to be honest, I'm getting a bit sick of almost every boss so far having some form of Gank mechanics. Abyss Watchers, Deacons, Wolmir, Crystal Sage and now Pontiff.

Whilst I did find the bosses overall a little disappointing, this wasn't one of the reasons tbh. I thought most of them were examples of gank bosses done quite well... Except maybe Wolnir.

Soldato
Whilst I did find the bosses overall a little disappointing, this wasn't one of the reasons tbh. I thought most of them were examples of gank bosses done quite well... Except maybe Wolnir.

That comment was mostly out of rage for dying to be honest :p. Now I've fought Pontiff a couple more times I've realised it's quite a clever fight in that his ghost does the same attack and then resets back to the real Pontiff and repeat.

Honestly Wolmir was the least problematic. The fight I killed him her only managed about 4-5 attacks and he was dead so didn't spawn the skeletons. He's too easy with how much health destroying the bracelets does.

Soldato
Can someone explain the bloodstains? All they show is a players moments before death, then they fade away? I'm not sure how this is supposed to be helpful?

Also, I sometimes see characters that shows up as white and again, they fade away. Are these actually players playing right then, or are they like the bloodstains and just memories of sorts?

Soldato
Can someone explain the bloodstains? All they show is a players moments before death, then they fade away? I'm not sure how this is supposed to be helpful?

Also, I sometimes see characters that shows up as white and again, they fade away. Are these actually players playing right then, or are they like the bloodstains and just memories of sorts?

The bloodstains are other players who have just died. The phantoms are other players playing.

They are just part of the game world. Everyone is connected. They can be helpful too, to show you what might happen next, or for example if there is a bloodstain just before a drop you know not to jump off, or before a chest it might be a mimic

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just picked this up and haven't really got into a DS game before, however this looks like it could be a good challenge.

Any tips or links for a beginner? I don't want to get 10 hours in and then realise I should have set my character up differently or something... :p

Associate
I found warrior to be the best starting class as the axe you're equipped with has a weapon art which increases power. Personally I like to watch a guide for each area before starting to get an idea of what I'm getting into and so I don't miss anything but you might be more interested in finding everything out for yourself.

Soldato
I found warrior to be the best starting class as the axe you're equipped with has a weapon art which increases power. Personally I like to watch a guide for each area before starting to get an idea of what I'm getting into and so I don't miss anything but you might be more interested in finding everything out for yourself.

Cheers, you just been searching YouTube for the area guide?

Soldato

People play games like this?!

Back
Top Bottom