Dark Souls 3

Associate
Agreed on Wolnir. Very disappointing boss, along with Deacons and Yhorm.

Most enjoyable boss fights for me were Aldrich, Twin Princes, and Abyss Watchers. End boss was also okay, mainly because I loved the music. For some reason I also quite liked Champion Gundyr.

Soldato
It's boring though. I hate having to stop to pull out my bow because they constantly throw 3-4 enemies at you at the same time otherwise. It wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that poise is completely useless. With poise you could run in eat a hit or two and still be able to roll out and get some distance to heal if needed. Now you just get stun locked constantly.

Agreed actually. Also armour seems to be underpowered too. This is an area that does need a patch imo.

Soldato
Is anyone else started to get performance issues with this? My system hasn't changed but I'm getting judders every now and then with the game? Also, when I go to summon a player, all summons fail, can't rest at bonfire... have to use homeword bone?

Soldato
Agreed actually. Also armour seems to be underpowered too. This is an area that does need a patch imo.
Armor's always been underpowered in Souls games.

Also, while it's very easy to become stunned yourself due to lack of poise being a thing, it also means you can exploit that same weakness with enemies. Especially in groups. Use a weapon that has a wide swing attack and you can effectively neutralize a whole lot of them.

Soldato

Also, while it's very easy to become stunned yourself due to lack of poise being a thing, it also means you can exploit that same weakness with enemies. Especially in groups. Use a weapon that has a wide swing attack and you can effectively neutralize a whole lot of them.

I disagree about armour. Poise is a problem in 3 without a doubt. Never seen so many people running around in Havel's armour.

Soldato
OP

Eh did you ever see someone in +5 Havels and other big armors in 1 and 2? Armor is weaker than before in 3 yes because you can't upgrade it, but it's still decent. I've ran into quite a few dudes in Havels/Mornes/Blk Iron and they take a ton of punishment, especially when doubled with high vigor. With armors actually being quite balanced this time around, it's much easier to put on a combo of armors you find aesthetically pleasing without being completely penalized.

Soldato
Eh did you ever see someone in +5 Havels and other big armors in 1 and 2? Armor is weaker than before in 3 yes because you can't upgrade it, but it's still decent. I've ran into quite a few dudes in Havels/Mornes/Blk Iron and they take a ton of punishment, especially when doubled with high vigor. With armors actually being quite balanced this time around, it's much easier to put on a combo of armors you find aesthetically pleasing without being completely penalized.
I'm not saying it could never be significant, but short of ultra heavy armor like Havel's, it wasn't a game-changer sort of thing in previous games. It was basically, "Go big or go home". And it often meant building your character specifically for it, increasing your equip load as much as possible to reduce the roll penalty.

For DS3, I feel the starting equip load stat being so low makes it even more of a penalty to wear heavy armor without putting in an even more significant amount of points into it. So not only can you not upgrade the armor in any significant way, you also have to put a TON of points into increasing your equip load. I do think it penalizes heavy builds more than before.

Of course some skilled players, or those just with great weapon combos, can still make good use of heavy armor plus high life bars so they can take punishment, but this is definitely far, far more relevant to PvP stuff than regular game progression.

Soldato

I still think armour needs looked at. There is barely much difference between leather armour and knight armour for example, test it on physical attacks. Needs tweaked. It is nice to be able to wear "light" armour and not be penalized, but where is the realism? Dark Souls 1 remains my favourite, this a close second.

Associate
Is anyone else started to get performance issues with this? My system hasn't changed but I'm getting judders every now and then with the game? Also, when I go to summon a player, all summons fail, can't rest at bonfire... have to use homeword bone?
I'm getting odd stutters now after the last patch.

Soldato
OP
I still think armour needs looked at. There is barely much difference between leather armour and knight armour for example, test it on physical attacks. Needs tweaked. It is nice to be able to wear "light" armour and not be penalized, but where is the realism? Dark Souls 1 remains my favourite, this a close second.

It's a game where you can thrust 8 foot long ultra greatswords through peoples chests and they get back up, and some people can shoot kamehamehas etc etc. :p

Also, you could wear armor as dense as Havel's IRL and one swing from a claymore and you're down for the count, so it's realistic. The damage negation differences is enough to make sense, Havel's reduces about 2x as much as leather which is being generous really..

I got so, so, so sick of people in DkS1+2 wearing Havels and taking next to no damage, having near infinite poise spamming R1 with Estocs and Rapiers forcing me into a parry heavy playstyle. I'm glad that in DkS3 I can use whatever weapon I want because people have to play with their brain or they'll get flinched and combo'd for half their health.

I'm honestly not calling anyone out but the people complaining about absorption and poise are PVE carebears or terrible PVP players. Bloodborne did it so so right, glad we have a very similar armor system in this. Chunky armor was such a massive crutch for some people, DkS3 weeds them out. Best of the series really. Now we just need to get rid of Greatshields or nerf them somehow and it's perfect.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a game where you can thrust 8 foot long ultra greatswords through peoples chests and they get back up, and some people can shoot kamehamehas etc etc. :p

Also, you could wear armor as dense as Havel's IRL and one swing from a claymore and you're down for the count, so it's realistic. The damage negation differences is enough to make sense, Havel's reduces about 2x as much as leather which is being generous really..

I got so, so, so sick of people in DkS1+2 wearing Havels and taking next to no damage, having near infinite poise spamming R1 with Estocs and Rapiers forcing me into a parry heavy playstyle. I'm glad that in DkS3 I can use whatever weapon I want because people have to play with their brain or they'll get flinched and combo'd for half their health.

I'm honestly not calling anyone out but the people complaining about absorption and poise are PVE carebears or terrible PVP players. Bloodborne did it so so right, glad we have a very similar armor system in this. Chunky armor was such a massive crutch for some people, DkS3 weeds them out. Best of the series really. Now we just need to get rid of Greatshields or nerf them somehow and it's perfect.

If you're wearing "magicically/specially forged" "fantasy" armour that does prevent 8 foot greatswords from damaging as much as normal then that armour should work. Wearing medium or heavy armour is a popular choice. It means sacrificing stats in other areas that balances the game out. As for your "terrible" pvp'ers comment and "carebear" pve players, that is nonsensical, do you want everyone running around with a robe or dress?

Soldato
not just me then! every 5 minutes or so it will freeze for a second, weird

not been playing this for a while...i jumped on yesterday (was testing pc gaming with the w1070 projector) and in Dark Souls 3 i was getting this odd mini freezes every so often...i thought it was my projector but maybe not i guess. DS3 looks fabulous in the projector btw pleased as punch with it...much better image than the HD141x :D

Soldato
At the boss of archdragon peak now then not long left. Kind of feel i lent on the Dark Sword for the whole game, barely used anything else since i got it from the first dark wraith in the swamp

Probably too late in the game to change now but whats everyone else using towards the end?

Back
Top Bottom