Dark Souls 3

Getting massive stuttering here too. Seems to happen when the game autosaves.

Probably too late in the game to change now but whats everyone else using towards the end?
I recently switched to a Luck/Faith build using Anri's Straight Sword. It does pretty beastly damage, especially buffed with Darkmoon Blade (Carthus Rouge is also nice). The only real downside is that it's pretty short compared to a lot of the other straight swords. Much prefer its moveset to the Dark Sword though. The specials and R2s are way better.

I did rely on the Dark Sword for most of my first playthrough though, and spent a bit of time with the Irithyll Straight Sword as well.

Infused my battle axe and long sword, raw battle axe +1 now, with 177 physical damage. As I'm around the high tower on lothric what's my best choice for better gear? I'm a Herald. Beat the mimic though which was my main goal, those things do my nut in..

Edit: Just gone down a ladder and saw a HUGE silver fat guy with a long axe, beat him first try :)

Last edited:
At the boss of archdragon peak now then not long left. Kind of feel i lent on the Dark Sword for the whole game, barely used anything else since i got it from the first dark wraith in the swamp

Probably too late in the game to change now but whats everyone else using towards the end?

The Sun Sword is better I think, has a wicked ability. Personal preference.

This has been an issue since Day 1. I wouldn't say 'massive stuttering', but brief stutters every once in a while.

It hasn't been an issue for me, and for this type of game it feels like a massive stutter. It's not the graphics card, I tried offline mode, no good. Only thing I can think of is its relationship with steam and if it does access a server even in offline mode.

This has been an issue since Day 1. I wouldn't say 'massive stuttering', but brief stutters every once in a while.
It's a lot worse for me now than it has been. I was using a Phenom II to run it for most of my first playthrough and it was smoother on that than it currently is with a 6700K. Never had these second-long pauses all the time until very recently.

Just looking at the Steam forum for the game and it seems it was indeed the latest patch that completely broke it. People are not happy over there. :eek:

It must have been an unannounced patch, because my version hasn't changed!? I think it must be a server or steam issue, if they patched something without saying it would be very naughty... talking about naughty, I think I'll play naughty dogs latest game before I start my next run through the game.

Despite issues I have with the game, the armour/poise thing, it does just get better the longer you play. 180hours since release, and am not one bit sick of it. Love helping people take out phantoms(I've decided to stay with the light side!), love the graphics/level design, weapons,armour sets, spells(which I will dabble with properly this run through, as well as do the hollow ending), awesome miracles just an amazing game world, it's the ultimate RPG in my opinion, and I have chamged my mind, this is my favourite game of the souls series(inc. bloodborne).

Sunlight Straight Sword - Maxed
Drakeblood Greatsword - Heavy Gem + Maxed

Strength build, loads of fun wielding these.

It must have been an unannounced patch, because my version hasn't changed!? I think it must be a server or steam issue, if they patched something without saying it would be very naughty... talking about naughty, I think I'll play naughty dogs latest game before I start my next run through the game.

Despite issues I have with the game, the armour/poise thing, it does just get better the longer you play. 180hours since release, and am not one bit sick of it. Love helping people take out phantoms(I've decided to stay with the light side!), love the graphics/level design, weapons,armour sets, spells(which I will dabble with properly this run through, as well as do the hollow ending), awesome miracles just an amazing game world, it's the ultimate RPG in my opinion, and I have chamged my mind, this is my favourite game of the souls series(inc. bloodborne).

Sunlight Straight Sword - Maxed
Drakeblood Greatsword - Heavy Gem + Maxed

Strength build, loads of fun wielding these.

The combat is so good I don't want to bother with TW3 anymore and the latest expansion.

just done Dragonslayer armour boss, was very simple for this stage of the game :( do the bosses get more challenging on ng+? it looked like an aweosme boss though, just expected more from it

do the bosses get more challenging on ng+? it looked like an aweosme boss though, just expected more from it

From my experience they were all a little easier on NG+ but possibly because I had become familiar with their move sets.

The bosses are supposed to have a little more health each time as well as dealing more damage which is certainly true but you'll likely be leveled to a point where that won't matter.

I'm on NG++ and it still doesn't seem to get any harder, nor are there any additional enemies throughout the game so far. This may be my game of the year by a long way but I'm honestly a little let down by NG+.

I'm quite enjoying NG+ myself. Enemies do a lot more damage, but so do you (at least with a +10 weapon and a high level). Item placement is also different, which makes exploring again worthwhile, even if the rewards are really just +1 versions of the rings.

Back
Top Bottom