Dashcams!

Soldato
I think you misunderstand. There is a dual carriageway. The right hand lane is generally faster flowing, but then goes over a bridge onto another road that leads to town B. The left hand lane goes to town A and is generally the opposite and regularly has queues. The problem is, people join the right hand lane knowing full well they aren't going to town B, then barge their way in just before the bridge.

Soldato
There's 2 different 'lane changing/merging' discussions going here. One is a DC that goes from 2 lanes to 1 lane, all traffic going the same direction (because there is only one direction). People blocking anyone from merging where the lanes merge are out of order. I think we're all (pretty much!) agreed on this.

What Infidelus is talking about is a lane of a motorway becoming the 'off lane' and splitting, so all traffic in the first lane would then be taking that junction. Say there's a 1 mile queue right down this lane. Anyone going right to the point where the lanes physically split off from the main carriageway and then pushing into the line of traffic, they are jumping the queue. It may be out of laziness, or that they' haven't realised the queue was for that junction and now need to get into the lane and slot into the already queuing cars.

Anyway... back to dashcams! :D

Is there anything better than the Blackvue DR750S-2CH for a discrete, front and rear dashcam with a proper parking mode?

Soldato
Thankyou TallPaul, that's exactly what I'm talking about, though I obviously wasn't clear enough. If it was just the occasional person doing it I wouldn't get annoyed, but it's dozens of people every day who just can't be bothered to wait.

You're also right that this thread has been derailed enough so I won't post any more on the subject.

Anyway... back to dashcams! :D

Is there anything better than the Blackvue DR750S-2CH for a discrete, front and rear dashcam with a proper parking mode?

Carry on :)

Soldato
Seen this happen four times on the A30 today, genuinely feel sorry for people that live in this part of the world and have to deal with wannabe road cops like this ****.

5 weeks of contraflow misery began this morning on the A55. There are big red signs saying "use both lanes when queuing" every couple of hundred metres leading up to the "merge in turn" sign and I guarantee this will still happen on a regular basis. At 7:30 this morning it added 10 minutes to my journey, at 8:30 is was almost an hour apparently. All for a 200m stretch of contraflow..

Soldato
Is this the best thread to ask about decent dash cams? I've been thinking about getting one but there are loads to choose from on Amazon.

Ideally want to spend <£200 for front and rear cams, is that reasonable?

Underboss
my thinkware F770 captured a theft this morning
My Rear Number plate !

as the parking footage has been wiped over (as it goes off every minute at work and 64Gb isn't big enough)
It captured it only because he knocked the car whilst getting the number plate off

called the police, and it was used on a Porsche just 30 mins before i phoned them (1:30) but was stolen at 10:15am (petrol theft)

got a clear description of the bloke which im handing to the police tomorrow

Last edited:
Soldato
my thinkware F770 captured a theft this morning
My Rear Number plate !

as the parking footage has been wiped over (as it goes off every minute at work and 64Gb isn't big enough)
It captured it only because he knocked the car whilst getting the number plate off

called the police, and it was used on a Porsche just 30 mins before i phoned them (1:30) but was stolen at 10:15am

got a clear description of the bloke which im handing to the police tomorrow

Wow, nice one. Lol silly teeft

Soldato
i just got a Nextbase 402G fitted. the pic quality is excellent, the software is really good too, it brings up the route on Google maps! the one minor niggle is that when you're settig it up you have to use the OK button, which is on the top, like a normal camera shutter button - when it's fitted up behind the rearview, it can be a little hard to reach. very minor though, given you set it up once and that's it.

Soldato
So I'm fairly certain I'm going to buy a Roav C1 Pro and amazon has suggested a Hardwire Kit
I'm guessing that's so it can be tucked away and powered from the fuse box all the time instead of having to be plugged into the 12v socket on the centre console?
Also assuming this will prevent the car's battery from getting flattened if left for long periods of time?

Soldato
Also assuming this will prevent the car's battery from getting flattened if left for long periods of time?
Only if you connect to somewhere in the fuse box that isn't a permanent live.

I have mine connected to the fuse for the cigarette lighter. The car automatically switches it off about 20 minutes after the car is left so it works out well.

Edit: Actually you're probably correct and it'll shut off the camera before the battery gets too low.

Back
Top Bottom