Dashcams!

Man of Honour
Good service is often shown at it's best when rectifying something that has gone wrong. I think the garage has acted well in this situation. It also provides a clear example that you need to give people time to resolve things before taking to trying to destroy them on the internet. Good work.

Soldato
Both of them were sacked, my next service (major) is FOC and will be done by older technician (one I know), old parts left in box in boot as well so I know they've been changed. Saves me £300 so an acceptable outcome I think.

TBH it's the only outcome I would have accepted as a resolution so good on the dealership getting it done.

I'd have, as I'm sure you would have, loved to have been a fly on the wall after the footage was shown to them in their disciplinary meetings, just to see their faces.

Soldato
Both of them were sacked, my next service (major) is FOC and will be done by older technician (one I know), old parts left in box in boot as well so I know they've been changed. Saves me £300 so an acceptable outcome I think.

Call me morbid, but do you still have a link to a working video? I missed it first time around, but have just seen the whole story and I'm intrigued :o

Caporegime
Got them to delete it, a few cretins decided I was wrong to ask for any compensation and that I'm sad for wanting the driver sacked. Then someone started to name and shame despite the clear rules.

Soldato
Got them to delete it, a few cretins decided I was wrong to ask for any compensation and that I'm sad for wanting the driver sacked. Then someone started to name and shame despite the clear rules.
Yeh I seen the reaction you got on there it was totally uncalled for. They are like a bunch of bullies sometimes when they don’t agree with someone it’s like being in school. That’s why I don’t post on there much anymore much prefer the motors forum on here.
Glad to hear they were both sacked though good outcome

Caporegime
Seen this happen four times on the A30 today, genuinely feel sorry for people that live in this part of the world and have to deal with wannabe road cops like this ****.

Soldato
Thing is, unless lots of people actually use the (perfectly legal to use) other lane, everyone else will think they're jumping the queue. There's even a sign which tells you how to merge! :p

Now, if it's a closed lane on a motorway that clearly has a red X and has had that for probably half a mile, and people are still flying up the closed lane expecting to cut in 20ft before the accident/broken down car, then they can go do one. There's a reason the lane is closed.

Caporegime
Yeah it's an attitude thing. I spent most of the day having people trying to block me from merging even when I'm merging fairly early and then you get knobs like that.

Soldato
Seen this happen four times on the A30 today, genuinely feel sorry for people that live in this part of the world and have to deal with wannabe road cops like this ****.

Funny you posted that as I was watching this video below on youtube a few days ago

Notice at the start at about 5 seconds in it says all lanes are 40mph ;)

Back
Top Bottom