Dashcams!

Soldato
Maundie;30498033 said:
I guess it's not a £300+ 4k recording one so people will look down their noses

Erm... what? :confused: Is there anyone in this thread that thinks that's necessary? Has anyone in this thread ever said that's a good choice? Please don't be silly... :rolleyes:

Daaaavvveee;30437816 said:
THat looks a really good cam actually! I see they have the Mini2 and X1 also, have you tried all of them?

Just received my Mini 2 from DDPai. Funnily enough, the guy on eBay that bought my M6 Plus wants to send it back as he says he can't connect to it. Works out quite good if I have a second camera now, as the Plus allows for it I believe? (Have the regular M4 in now)

Man of Honour
Someone on PH posted a link to these which replace your existing rear view mirror plastic housing with one which has an integrated camera that patches into the existing mirror wiring loom, so everything is tidy and factory looking.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...12V+ACC+Car+Dash+Cam+DVR+4+BMW+3/4/5&_sacat=0

No idea what the quality is like, anyone want to guinea pig? If it records quality at anything like the Mini 0806 (similar price range) then I think it's going to be a fantastic alternative.

Soldato
Looking to make use of the discount AXA offer for a dashcam - a quick check shows that it'll reduce my premium by £38... what camera is the best bang for buck?

Can currently get the Nextbase 402G for £80 - any good?

Last edited:
Associate
I have seen someone mention the Power Magic Pro earlier in the thread. Anyone have any experience with one and so using Parking Mode on their Dashcam?
Yes I have mine with the PMP installed .. Works like a treat, I set mine to 11.8V Cut Off with no time cut out on it. It lasts about 3 days before my car hits that limit and my car starts without issue at all.

Hitman
Soldato
Just finished hardwiring in the Thinkware F770 after looking for a decent 2-channel system with WiFi. Felt a bit uneasy ripping off panels as the car is brand new but managed to hide all the cables behind trim and head lining nicely with only one small scratch on the trim. Need to sort out the cabling on the B pillar and from the back door to the boot (C pillar?) as the trim is stubborn but happy otherwise.

The manual doesn't have full fuse listings for whatever reason so not actually sure what I've tapped into but seems to be working well.

Associate
I saved a recording yesterday on my Nextbase 312GW, I was on the M6 queing in traffic and some person came speeding up inside me on the hard shoulder looking to turn off a bit further ahead but the red cross symbol was lit on the gantry formthe hard shoulder. I look behind me and this police car saw him and proceeded to chase after him.

So whats the best method of ripping this video off the dashcam and uploading it?

Soldato
Saw this one the other day. No idea what the Argos lorry was doing there but he certainly smacked that car with some force. First time I've really captured anything even remotely interesting but unfortunately it was the one time I tried out the 45fps option on the camera and the quality is pretty crap as a result. It's back to full res and 30fps now.

Soldato
Saw this one the other day. No idea what the Argos lorry was doing there but he certainly smacked that car with some force. First time I've really captured anything even remotely interesting but unfortunately it was the one time I tried out the 45fps option on the camera and the quality is pretty crap as a result. It's back to full res and 30fps now.

Maybe a stupid question. But why are all the cars stopped and que in that one inside lane and no use the other empty lane you're in ? :confused:

EDIT: Just watched it again and noticed there coming up to a around about...:o

Back
Top Bottom