Dashcams!

Permabanned
Just checked the box and although it mentions a sucker mount on it there's nothing in there. Had it fitted by Halfords so looks like it's gone walkies.
No idea fella mine came with both. Should look like this.

43-E4-F6-E8-0048-4992-9-D03-532-FE44-FE534.jpg

Soldato
So just been hit by a lorry on the motorway, he didn’t see me and needless to say any closer and I would’ve been squished. Managed to slam on (inside lane, next to a temporary barrier) powerfold mirror clean off…lots of paint damage. Guy was fine…so hopefully shouldn’t hit issues with claim.

Now really want a Dashcam…what to go for? Want great functionality/app/hardware not sure about rear cam? Would like it fitted tbh

Soldato
So just been hit by a lorry on the motorway, he didn’t see me and needless to say any closer and I would’ve been squished. Managed to slam on (inside lane, next to a temporary barrier) powerfold mirror clean off…lots of paint damage. Guy was fine…so hopefully shouldn’t hit issues with claim.

Now really want a Dashcam…what to go for? Want great functionality/app/hardware not sure about rear cam? Would like it fitted tbh
******* hell. Are you OK?

Underboss
@Scania fault :p :D

seriously though, hope your ok

currently on offer :

Caporegime
I have a road angel Halo Drive that I'm very happy with. 1440p (the minimum you should buy imo to enable you to make out reg plates) and very easy setup. They have an app you can connect to the camera too and download clips directly to your phone.

Soldato
The dashcam has been installed. Only took about 20 minutes and they’ve done a great job, I can’t even see where they’ve put the cable other than the bit going down to the cam. The rear cam works surprisingly well too - it’s a decent solution for a soft top. I’ve connected it up to the app, updated the firmware and have set up parking mode.

Who fitted?

Halfords fitting any good? Reckon £200 is my limit

Last edited:
Soldato
So just been hit by a lorry on the motorway, he didn’t see me and needless to say any closer and I would’ve been squished.

I'm glad you're okay.

Now really want a Dashcam…what to go for? Want great functionality/app/hardware not sure about rear cam?

Definitely get a rear camera, so you can have a record of the scrote running into you and possibly show why they crashed into you (e.g. on their phone). Strongly consider an internal camera too (i.e. a triple camera dashcam) to counter claims that you were using / fiddling with your mobile phone or otherwise not paying attention.

Caporegime
@Scania fault :p :D

seriously though, hope your ok

currently on offer :
Not guilty m’lord! :D

But seriously, blind spots in trucks are unbelievable, I’ve recently had a near side camera monitor fitted to my artic, I’m aware of blind spots, but, it’s been a shock - not least a revelation - to me just how many cars & vans are invisible to my mirrors yet picked up by this new camera….

Basically, stay away from trucks, we can’t see you!

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Blimey, glad you're ok, deffo get a dashcam.

I fitted my hardwired Viofo A129 Pro Duo myself, very easy and a decent camera setup too, front and rear, parking mode, G Sensor. Recommended.

Back
Top Bottom