Dawn of War 3?

Soldato
I like it, although I enjoyed DOW 2 in its own right it felt like such a departure from 1 by essentially mirroring the mechanics of Company of heroes. This feels like a natural blend between 1 and 2 so far.

A little annoying that they haven't included the full unit rosters, not sure why they did that!

Soldato
Just had another shot at this today with fresh eyes etc....and it's still a massive disappointment to me. The biggest gripe is the win condition. It needlessly drags out the games imo.

Also i find both the graphics and the sounds to be a step back from dow2. Everything is kinda muddy and unclear. Half the units really just look alike, unlike the originals where you could tell nobz a mile off from boyz for instance.

no suppression fire in a cone and cover is also bad really. I think it is off of my 'to buy' list currently but i do intend to give it a good few hours more over this beta just incase. I have been looking forward to this game ever since it's announcement so i am more than disappointed.

Soldato
Just had another shot at this today with fresh eyes etc....and it's still a massive disappointment to me. The biggest gripe is the win condition. It needlessly drags out the games imo.

Also i find both the graphics and the sounds to be a step back from dow2. Everything is kinda muddy and unclear. Half the units really just look alike, unlike the originals where you could tell nobz a mile off from boyz for instance.

no suppression fire in a cone and cover is also bad really. I think it is off of my 'to buy' list currently but i do intend to give it a good few hours more over this beta just incase. I have been looking forward to this game ever since it's announcement so i am more than disappointed.
I actually like the win conditions because it stops early game rushing wins.

I have only managed to get 2 games in, but so far I really like it. I do wish there was cover though.

Associate

I know what you mean about the graphics. I loaded DoW2 after playing last night and it's quite surprising how sharp it looks in comparison to DoW3.

I didn't enjoy the games I was playing. There didn't seem enough base/tech development to do in between bouts of combat and I found it fairly dull especially when you get Marine vs Marine.

C64

C64

Soldato
Such a shame relic have forgotten what made dow and coh 1 so great.
They've missed a big opportunity here people are going to just drop this game and go back to starcraft.
Full base building and cover was required.

Soldato
Had my first go at this at the weekend. Played the first training mission.

Was very happy at the view/zoom out distance at first but when tried to zoom in to see detail on the units theres hardly any.

Bitterly disappointed that it didnt impress me at all, turned it off after the aforementioned first training mission and went back to soulstorm.

Will give it another go when the full games released i suppose

Soldato
Given the feedback froM a lot of you here,I'm pretty terrified about buying this. I've pined for a new DOW game and this is starting to look a little bit gutless......

Back
Top Bottom