***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
For the people who are oh-so-outraged and personally offended by Dean deciding to leave the DayZ team in ten months, I found a post that not only sums up why he is leaving and why he's not ripping you off, but also how it makes him feel when all these tough internet cretins are abusing him from the safety of their keyboard:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/commen...ve_bohemia_and_step_down_as/cfnjzwj?context=1

I think that should be posted in full, as some people are complete morons behind their keyboards & never see the bigger picture. The guy that posted that is a prime example of why people should consider thinking before opening their mouths. Pond scum is all they are.

How do you treat those people who have given you the ability to make that vision a reality as well as made you a very wealthy individual?
Depending on your definition of the word, I am not a very wealthy individual. While I get royalties, these do not represent a significant amount of the sales. The vast majority of the sales go back to the owner of the IP: Bohemia Interactive.

You turn your back on them and make plans to leave
I have made the following things clear:

• I intend to return to New Zealand, to stay longer in the Czech Republic will essentially mean seeking citizenship and making my life here away from my family
  • I have made myself available to Bohemia as long as I am providing value to the project, however I have highlighted the importance of my role being appropriate to the project's state.
  • At some point the skillset for the leader to deliver on the current state of the project may differ from the skillset I have. I have mooted that I believe this point will occur at the end of the year, Bohemia seem to larely agree with this. However, there is flexibility on both sides to see what needs to happen will.

You call people who have legitimate concerns over wasting their money on a broken game
No, I did no such thing. As hurtful as your comments are to me: they completely undermine the efforts and commitments made by the large team who have been working very long hours on DayZ for some time. Saying that my departure from a lead position will not deliver on the promise is directly saying these people do not have the capability to deliver.

Say what you want about me, but the team does not deserve such hateful comments. My ego is not so big that I think the project could not carry on without me. While I believe I am useful and I contribute value as both a designer and a leader, it is unfair to think that others will not be able to meet that role. I need to balance the value to the project of me remaining with the need to be with my family and return home.

The greatest gift I can give the project, and the team, is a longterm vision and culture that would survive long after I am gone. If I have done my job right, I will have forever changed those involved in the project. That is leadership, to grow a team to the point they no longer need you. I'm proud of the people I have worked with. I am proud of what they are accomplishing. And I am proud to say that I can see a day when I am not needed. That is very hard for me to accept, but I know that the day must come. That day is good for the project. That day will not be a pleasant one for me.

You disgust me
I make no apology for saying that, eventually, I need to return home to be with my family. I made commitments to my family for many years, long before DayZ, to return to be with them. I've clearly stated I am prepared to do whatever is needed for DayZ, even if that meant staying on even longer. But I have also clearly stated that I want to return home, to be with my family. I think this is fair, and I fail to see what else I could do in this situation.
Perhaps rather than expressing your revulsion, you could explain how you would prefer the situation be managed?

What an utter disappointment, you deserve nothing of what you have gained over these last 2 years.
One thing that I have gained, that I feel I have earned, is just how hateful people can be towards you when you open yourself up to them. I had always thought that being open encouraged people to engage in dialogue no matter how angry they are.

Soldato
I've been watching a lot of DayZ videos on Youtube and must say it's looking like the sort of game I'd rather watch on YouTube or Twitch because it's full of asshats.

Frankie and VectorBunny are great. :D

Caporegime
[TFU] Thegoon84;25906870 said:
They've not be insults... its just harmless banter!

i think many think its real hate or not banter and it doesn't translate well over the internets nevermind. admins dont probably know the humour or banter we speak of or understand its just a bit of fun which stems from the very games we talk about.

as to rockets transition it has become apparent that he hasn't really been capable of handling the project to its best.

with the core of it being arma it shouldn't be too hard to finish with the 99 percent same team anyway doing it.

if you look back rocket couldn't even get a table lamp to turn on :p .

Caporegime
new update on hunting addition of pysics which is a big gameplay changer. imagine your mate needs something you can just throw it to them. many situations this could be very useful.

after watching that video there is some very good additions coming very soon. some big game changers aswell. if items can cause damage when thrown or dropped for eg. no gun ? can of beans to back of head . drop a axe from a tower hit player haha.

Last edited:
Associate
Things seem to be appearing all the time.

I found a log the other day.... There have been gas cylinders everywhere and found a couple of portable gas stoves. Have seen matches and cooking pots around recently too. I am suspecting now I only need a hose, regulator, gas bottle stand and regulator dial.

Hopefully I can find a cooking equipment box that will take up 4 slots in my backpack and hold 20 slots worth of cooking equipment to save me having to fill up my entire backpack with multiple items in order to be able to cook some boiled potatoes....

Again found a SVS, Mosin (which is actually better ?), couple of magnums and lots of ammo but not much else on the east airfield. Had a bit of a sticky moment going through a hanger when I suddenly got the 'server not responding' message. Logged off and refreshed and then back on to the same server... The hanger is by the control tower and 6 zombies has respawned all within eyesight... 4 shots with the SVS and a quick switch to the magnum for the last two as the SVS was not fully loaded and bodies everywhere :D, for a few seconds at least. Most zombies I have had to deal with alone at any one time. Glad I had the two guns.

Last night was a evening of gloves. The number of gloves I found was unreal.... Strangely my new hardcore character is now almost equiped the same as the previous charactor who got shot. Not by any particular choice but just due to what I have found.

May try recording some gameplay although it may not be so fun for watchers as no third person view in hardcore.

What software are people using to record with currently ?.

RB

Associate
I cant help with you not being able to search for servers, but as for friends cant you just use steam to find them and use the "join server" option on their drop down menu?

Associate
yeh i can do tht and join their game, its just the little things that are starting to do my head in. I just dont want to be tabing in and out all the time so if i want to change server i can just click it or see if my firends are playing it cos they dont come up in the tab at the top.

Caporegime
do you get any connections before refreshing ? some people lose servers after refreshing the list. i gt that i often have to close game dow and relaunch it. it sort of spams connections dayz commander used to do it to me aswell .

Back
Top Bottom