***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
I love a challenge. 7 v 1 is a great challenge.

Unfortunatly the usual lot in the TS I host all think Dayz is gay :/

Same with our TS lol

We had to move to an empty chat room as I couldn't hear anything apart from people yelling in Battlefield 4 :D

They really need to sort out the combat logging and server hopping problem out as it is ruining the game at the moment.

I question how some avatars you see are fully kitted up (full military kit, m4s, scopes, gas masks etc) - perhaps stopping the hopping will sort that out.

Watched a few server hoppers last night, went to some remote barracks with Neil and was absolutely not a soul around when we got there and all of a sudden there is one guy eating a tin of beans in the prison and two guys in full military kit looking for more loot.

Wish I could find a satchel charge and watch the server hoppers go sky high lol

Permabanned
It will be better with vehicles, as people can't take them with them they end up staying on one server mostly.

If you hop more than 2 servers in a row it resets your character.

Soldato
moving trains? now this would be EPIC! so would it just be semi automated, i.e. it will need things fixing but once it is you push a button in the station and then like 15 secs later it moves off in the indicated direction and stops at the next station?

maybe have player controlled ones, possibly with upgrades so you could have like the armored train from golden eye ;) (just loved the really oddly shaped nose on it!!!) make it bullet proof with gun hatches and be able to start/stop at will.

certainly would add an interesting mobile focus point :)

Caporegime
moving trains? now this would be EPIC! so would it just be semi automated, i.e. it will need things fixing but once it is you push a button in the station and then like 15 secs later it moves off in the indicated direction and stops at the next station?

maybe have player controlled ones, possibly with upgrades so you could have like the armored train from golden eye ;) (just loved the really oddly shaped nose on it!!!) make it bullet proof with gun hatches and be able to start/stop at will.

certainly would add an interesting mobile focus point :)

yes quite a few have suggested trains before it would be so awesome and with all the train lines around the map it seems natural to have it in.

Soldato
Way more time consuming.

Beyond time consuming. I might start playing at midnight only to realise later on its 3am! So easy to lose time in this game, but its fun so.

So own up, who keeps hanging around at Balota and the northern flats? :)

That area is deadly for server hoppers!

I might be there on occasion ;)

Wish there were player names for people so I can tell who to shoot and who to maybe let live

Last edited:
Soldato
yes quite a few have suggested trains before it would be so awesome and with all the train lines around the map it seems natural to have it in.

I did have the train moving on one of my first test builds of wasteland.. The problem being that the whole map would need to be linked, otherwise at the end of the line, the train just does a 180, looks really daft. Plus, if the tracks arent exactly straight you can get hit as the carriages swing miles out when going round a slight curve, very little loss of fps when it passes you by though..

Actually will see if I still have the mission and take a video of it..

Last edited:
Associate
I'm geared up to hunt some Balota thugs tonight. Had 2 clowns rob me of my trousers last night. One had a monotone voice the other sounded like a girl or a young lad who's voice hadn't broken yet.

Associate
So what is the mechanic for restraining someone?

Can they only be restrained if they stand still long enough for a 'cuff' selection to be made on scroll wheel?

If they get told to stand still, whilst this happens its their own stupid faults i guess . With the sicko's on here, i think id rather take my chances and likely die on the run ad start again if i couldnt defend myself!

Associate
I'm geared up to hunt some Balota thugs tonight. Had 2 clowns rob me of my trousers last night. One had a monotone voice the other sounded like a girl or a young lad who's voice hadn't broken yet.

What did they look like? sounds like either DGs lot or McBubblz and co. :D

I found two pistol magazines in the backpack of some poor soul who met their demise on the firestation roof at Elektro.

Bumped into Traffic_Warden who was a decent chap and we both carried on our way after exchanging pleasantries :)

Soldato
Made a quick video for anyone that hasn't seen the train before...

Duped it by accident when joining....

I am really hoping that they do have a working train. The script I used has predetermined stops, but it would be brilliant to be able to control when it stops. Can you imagine asking your team to come and pick you up in Cherno in a train from the village way up North! :)

Benneh playing Kill Of The Hill the other night :)

xbMlLXL.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
giving them 'ideas' because its socially acceptable in a game to do such a thing

The fact that you do something in a game, doesn't mean it's "socially accepted" in games. We kill a lot of stuff, but saying you've done something because you did it in a game is like saying you did that because some voices told you to. :)

Back
Top Bottom