***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Associate
got a epic video but cant show on here for swearing :D
so we got him handcuffed him then force fed him disinfectant :)

he had keys then got out then we gunned him down :D

I think its great that we can do so much in Rockets 'open world' but I think its this sort of thing that highlights the darker side of people and I just don't 'get' this 'feature'. So, its a game, i get that, but its now become fun & 'epic' to poison / torture a person (avatar) Dg ??.

I see absolutely no point in this sort of 'feature'. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to the reason this feature is in? Is this the 'end game' for twisted players?

I guarantee the 'Daily Fail' will blame DayZ and games for when some stupid arse poisons someone and the game is blamed for giving them 'ideas' because its socially acceptable in a game to do such a thing and the guy 'played the sick / twisted DayZ game for hours at a time'.

No, it wasn't me you did it to before the comments fly, no, im not buthurt or anything like that. I love Dayz and the thjings you can do but honestly, I just dont understand the need, benefit or enjoyment of such a plainly bizzare feature.

Enlighten me! :)

Soldato
For anyone wondering how to heal your self / get your blood back. You need to get "healing" next to your character in the inventory. To do this you need to consume a lot of food / drink until it says you are full. Then you should start healing. I consumed loooooooooooooads of food and it didn't appear, but then I went to a well and pressed it about 20 times and it sorted it. It seems that when the display for being hungry / thirsty appears, its quite far from actually being at max.

Food can add water or remove it aswell, like eating raw rice/cereal adds a lot of food but removes a lot of water to.

Soldato
Food can add water or remove it aswell, like eating raw rice/cereal adds a lot of food but removes a lot of water to.

Ah interesting. Didn't know that.

Out of interest, has anyone experienced stuff just disappearing from their inventory? I had an ammo box, water bottle and a couple of other things, all picked up ages ago (but in the same session). I go to check my bags later and they have vanished, went back over my steps and couldn't find them on the ground or anything :confused:

Caporegime
I think its great that we can do so much in Rockets 'open world' but I think its this sort of thing that highlights the darker side of people and I just don't 'get' this 'feature'. So, its a game, i get that, but its now become fun & 'epic' to poison / torture a person (avatar) Dg ??.

I see absolutely no point in this sort of 'feature'. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to the reason this feature is in? Is this the 'end game' for twisted players?

I guarantee the 'Daily Fail' will blame DayZ and games for when some stupid arse poisons someone and the game is blamed for giving them 'ideas' because its socially acceptable in a game to do such a thing and the guy 'played the sick / twisted DayZ game for hours at a time'.

No, it wasn't me you did it to before the comments fly, no, im not buthurt or anything like that. I love Dayz and the thjings you can do but honestly, I just dont understand the need, benefit or enjoyment of such a plainly bizzare feature.

Daily fail will always blame anything or anyone as they are news at its worst :p maybe you should forward the story yourself if it bothers you. :D

it bothers me not one bit and i have no shame in playing this way as i can tell the difference between game and real life ...just ;)

Caporegime
Ah interesting. Didn't know that.

Out of interest, has anyone experienced stuff just disappearing from their inventory? I had an ammo box, water bottle and a couple of other things, all picked up ages ago (but in the same session). I go to check my bags later and they have vanished, went back over my steps and couldn't find them on the ground or anything :confused:

if something vanishes wait a few minutes as it often lags out but is still there . check the area or back pack after few minutes.

Soldato

Its actually a mechanic to help your fellow player that is unconscious, you can then give them meds to help them out. It just so happens that you can also force feed them any item that is classed as consumable in the game.

Associate
The compass does work, you have to put it in your hand (I've actually got it on my quick launch bar or whatever the bar is along the bottom of the screen) once it's in your hand, go to the 1st person view and press 'Space' you should open up your compass and be able to use it

It works from the inventory screen too, just hover your mouse for the info on it and you can just about see it to line up north.

Soldato
Meh, found someone in one of the apartment areas who had an m4, went prone in the grass and took him out with 3 shots to the head. Went to go and loot his body and it just vanished. I'm wondering if he combat logged while I was shooting him? Sucks tho.

Associate
You are not able to set way points on maps anymore. Some servers when you look at the map it will show where you are, however servers that are set to Veteran difficulty wont show you this.
So maps are pretty useless tbh. (in game)

No I meant I can't even open the map up, I can only 'Inspect' it which shows me the cover of the map (i.e. Cherno Tourist Map etc), but doesn't allow me to unfold the map and view it, how do I go about doing that?

Back
Top Bottom