Poll: DC contributurs meeting / beers / get together - Reading - 28th October

It's in Reading, but when are you available (select all that apply)

• Friday, October 20th

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Saturday, October 21st

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Friday, October 27th

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Saturday, October 28th

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I'll be leaving soon too - I'll either be sat atop a red Asus Vento or inside a red VW Vento, given the way the weather looks at the moment I may opt for the latter :p

I'll also be on the orange squash/fizzy pop as it's been a funny few weeks and I'll be driving back late tonight

edit: plenty of fun will still be had I can assure you :cool:
edit2: and i'm off :)
edit3: and I'm back again :D

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Well a good time was had by all. The hangover's beginning to dissipate, perhaps left to right missing out only on mothers something wasn't quite so birght an idea without any food!

Thanks to Berserker for stepping up to the plate and co-ordinating when the thread starter abandoned us!

Soldato
MGP said:
Well a good time was had by all. The hangover's beginning to dissipate, perhaps left to right missing out only on mothers something wasn't quite so birght an idea without any food!

Thanks to Berserker for stepping up to the plate and co-ordinating when the thread starter abandoned us!
Hurrah you've surfaced!!! :D

You could always try out the Fanta and Polos I suppose? :p

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I think the mess my insides are in already means that invoking some sort of chemical reaction inside the stomach is not a wise move.

Associate
Mr Zerker, Did you get my email i sent Friday afternoon? Only I didn't get a reply. :confused:

I wasnt worried at the time as the trains I was getting were supposed to get me there at 1PM, but because of an accident at Maidens Head, I wound up getting there at 4PM.

I went to the meeting spot on the off chance that someone was there, but no-one was, so it ended up being a bit of a wasted weekend for me :(

Oh well. Maybe next time

Mark

Soldato
Whitestar said:
Mr Zerker, Did you get my email i sent Friday afternoon? Only I didn't get a reply. :confused:

I wasnt worried at the time as the trains I was getting were supposed to get me there at 1PM, but because of an accident at Maidens Head, I wound up getting there at 4PM.

I went to the meeting spot on the off chance that someone was there, but no-one was, so it ended up being a bit of a wasted weekend for me :(

Oh well. Maybe next time

Mark
doh!

We were at the meeting point for a while but must have moved on before 4pm - there wasn't really anywhere to get a decent pint (without taking out a mortgage) in the Oracle centre so we made our way up to the pub by the train station :o

edit: The roads weren't in much better state - I got into reading just before 3pm and was just round the corner from the Oracle sat in a traffic jam for the car parks :p
Still the multi-storey was great fun :D

Last edited:
Associate
Berserker said:
Oh, and it was no accident. It was a 'one under'. :(

I thought it might have been.

I got all the way to Paddington without any problems, only to be told that I had to go all the way to Waterloo and get a train to Reading from there.

From Paddington to Reading = 20min
From Waterloo to Reading = 2Hours!!!

Ah well. It wasn't a complete waste. I went to one of the clubs at the riverside and had a cracking time.

Just a shame it wasn't with you guys.

Soldato
@A.N.Other and PStu

I guess you did catch the last train after all, cutting it fine I must say :D
Got home myself in under an hour (from pub to home) car part cost more that a round though :eek: hey ho. Thanks Mr. B, enjoyed it more that I thought I would.

Oh and any advise given that evening should be taken with a pinch of salt :p :D

Soldato
shadowscotland said:
Yeah, we got back eventually. The train only went as far as Didcot, so there was a (badly organised) coach service the rest of the way back.

Was great to meet you all anyway ... look forward to doing it again!

@ Pumpkinstew ... your physics is soooo bad ;) :D

Man of Honour
Sorry for the uber-quick escape. I started looking at the trains in the wrong direction and noticed about 2 minutes before I left. :eek:

Anyway, nice to meet you all, even if the venue required a quick change. :)

Soldato
A.N.Other said:
Yeah, we got back eventually. The train only went as far as Didcot, so there was a (badly organised) coach service the rest of the way back.

Was great to meet you all anyway ... look forward to doing it again!

@ Pumpkinstew ... your physics is soooo bad ;) :D

The desmond Exeter awarded me says you're probably right. :(

It was good meeting you all. Was it coincidence that myself and MGP did most of the drinking and most of the arg.... I mean debating? :o

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Got to the end of the line, having missed one cos somebody couldn't work out that with a row of 8, fifth from the left is not third from the right, still that was the Mother's whatsits :eek: I then just plumped for probably the best one again, Hobgoblin to finish the night off and staggered out literally, just before 11:00pm!

Back
Top Bottom