Poll: DC contributurs meeting / beers / get together - Reading - 28th October

It's in Reading, but when are you available (select all that apply)

• Friday, October 20th

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Saturday, October 21st

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Friday, October 27th

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Saturday, October 28th

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
They may have wives but believe me this lot have all the maturity you can find in a bouncy castle at a 10 year olds birthday party :D

I myself am a 20 year old student bum. However, next week I will be a 21 year old student bum!

SiriusB

Soldato
SiriusB said:
They may have wives but believe me this lot have all the maturity you can find in a bouncy castle at a 10 year olds birthday party :D

I myself am a 20 year old student bum. However, next week I will be a 21 year old student bum!

SiriusB

what up gramps? :rolleyes::p:D

Man of Honour
The rules of the road, once you have sufficient interest:

1. Name the time and place - yup, organiser picks 'em.
  2. Those that can, will. Those that can't, won't.

If it's local, I'll try to make it, but I'm dependant on public transport, so no guarantees. :(

Associate
SiriusB said:

SiriusB

Can there be a bouncy castle?! :D

Soldato
Aww why do I get the impression most of you are down south!

Could do with an actual list of places where we are from - might make choosing a location much easier.

SiriusB

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Well Bigstan's clearly in Cincinnati, OH because that's where my sister's bed is.

EDIT: Unless she's in Scotland unbeknownst to me. ;)
well Steevo's sister must be in Scotland with them too as it's her who's been switching over Stan's crunchers allegedly :eek: :p

I'm fairly central and am happy to travel anyway, near Stratford-upon-Avon/Warwick at the moment so not too far from anywhere really

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
BillytheImpaler said:
Well Bigstan's clearly in Cincinnati, OH because that's where my sister's bed is.

EDIT: Unless she's in Scotland unbeknownst to me. ;)

I'm saying nothing until my lawyer turns up :p

Another point to make.
lay-z-boy posted saying he is only 16 - on all other meets from these forums, we've had a rule that if alcohol is involved then the minimum age for attendees is 18 in order that no other member is in any way held responsible. This rule is usually applied to protect the attendees and also the forums and the business from adverse publicity.

If lay-z-boy is to attend, it would be better if there was a non alcohol section to the meet that he can attend before the drinking begins :)

Stan :)

Man of Honour
I suspect a lot of people don't know or don't care about the regulations with regards to people under the age of 18 and "strangers".

They're somewhat onerous (understandably and rightly so), but that does mean that unfortunately a lot of people (myself included) would feel uncomfortable with that sort of responsibility. Some people simply won't attend events involving under-18's for these reasons (especially in cases where their job could be in jeopardy if anything went wrong). There's also the whole pub/drinking thing as Bigstan mentioned. :(

I don't want to put a downer on this before it's even started, but this is definitely something we'd have to be absolutely sure on if under-18's were allowed.

As for my location, well actually if you remove a few letters you'll get it right.

Soldato
Fair points both.

In that case, this is a good time to say I'm under eighteen as well. Will be 17 in a few weeks time (woot, driving!). Was looking forward to the drinking though :(

:p

Also: Revised locations

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Steevo38 said:
Well I'm 2.6875x lay-z-boy's age so could well be far too old. :eek:

19 at heart still much to the annoyance of her indoors. ;)

Nah mate, I'm not far behind you and I still refuse to admit defeat :D

I've been to several meets and never felt out of place even though the average age was about 25.

Just for the record, I am not against the younger chaps having a drink (hell, I started at 12), I was just poining out what has been the case on previous meets, in case anybody had an issue with it.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
BillytheImpaler said:
If it weren't for my impecuniousness I'd love to travel. :(

I need to get a GD USA meet going. Dunc sounded interested...

If you give me about 6 months notice, I'll try my best :D

Never been to the states and it's about time I went.

Joey:
I'm no longer in Shetland (must change profile - slacker), I'm currently living in Peterhead but seriously considering a move further "saaarf".

I'm serious btw, Billy.

Back
Top Bottom