DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

IS BS 2 a model model for the 2 seater?

No, still the ka-50 single seater ('black shark') in BS2 but with some game engine and graphics updates, if it was the 2 seater ka-52 it'd almost certainly go by a different moniker than BS since it is nicknamed 'alligator' instead (it would be out of character for DCS to mislabel the craft being simulated like that).

Though with some forces taking up purchase of the actual machine, and needing to train their pilots, there's a hope that it might be requisitioned initially as a military training sim and then later transformed for civi sale/use in the next few years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50#Ka-52_.22Alligator.22

No, still the ka-50 single seater ('black shark') in BS2 but with some game engine and graphics updates, if it was the 2 seater ka-52 it'd almost certainly go by a different moniker than BS since it is nicknamed 'alligator' instead (it would be out of character for DCS to mislabel the craft being simulated like that).

Though with some forces taking up purchase of the actual machine, and needing to train their pilots, there's a hope that it might be requisitioned initially as a military training sim and then later transformed for civi sale/use in the next few years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50#Ka-52_.22Alligator.22

So it's a patch? Is this a joke?... it can't be true... so you're saying it's the same game?

It has an improved game engine, with improved AI, etc., look at the features it states in the link. I haven't gotten it yet myself but I believe it brings it up to (and compatible with) the DCS:A10C standards. It's debatable whether you could call such changes which aren't minor upgrades or bugfixes a patch.

•Improvements over the original "DCS: Black Shark" include:
•Updated Mission Editor with many new features
•New air, land, and sea AI units at incredible levels of detail
•Improved AI for a smarter, more realistic behavior
•Expanded map area to the east to include Tbilisi and location of the 2008 Georgian War
•Dynamic weather with variable weather fronts, winds, and precipitation
•Improved graphics effects like HDR
•Improved low level terrain graphics like grass, bushes, tree shadows and high resolution textures provide a better sense of speed when hugging the Earth
•New campaign based on a follow-on to the 2008 Georgian War
•Network compatibility with "DCS: A-10C Warthog"
•Dynamic shadows in cockpit
•Improved 3D model of Ka-50 cockpit
•Fast mission generator to easily and quickly generate missions
•Takeoff and landings from pitching and rolling ships according to wind speed and direction
•Radio messages from all other friendly flights helps makes the battlefield come to life
•Improved FARP textures

Nate you have just made me the most excited person in the world!!!!!!!! My favourite aircraft of all time finally being put into my favourite sim!! Thanks for posting that

Yeah , they kinda made us pay for a patch ... but
they stuck a 2 on the end to make us feel better

....and added LOADS of new features, re-works etc. You need to chill out a bit on the ED hating, because personally I can't think of more accurate simulation(s) which is a real achievement. Sure beats paying £50 for some shiny new clouds in FSX.

So you guys have accepted to pay for a patch? and you thank them for it...

amazing...

?

DCS:-World is free.

EDIT:-Should read the thread first - No it wasn't simply a "patch" - It was almost 2 years work and considerably improved the product. But if you don't feel its worth it don't buy it. No is forcing you to.

Nate

Last edited:
?

DCS:-World is free.

EDIT:-Should read the thread first - No it wasn't simply a "patch" - It was almost 2 years work and considerably improved the product. But if you don't feel its worth it don't buy it. No is forcing you to.

Nate

It is not my fault it took them 2 years to write it

And are right , we are not "forced" to buy it , we are just strongly encouraged
to buy it , because without this paid for patch black shark cannot play online
with A-10C <- Main selling point of the whole DCS project idea

FACT: I do NOT hate ED , I just think that many of their business decisions are retarded.
eg
A-10C , bait and switch , get them to pre-order and give beta accesss.
Then at the last release , remove Neveda map and add master server internet connection
even for LAN multiplayer ..... without warning anyone.

eg
Black Shark 2 ...... So we wait for a patch for years , instead they stick a
2 on the end of it and charge us for it and the best part .....
They didn't even try to promote it or market it in anyway, it was like
they came in one morning and the compiler fairies had created a "new" game
for them , and it was like "HEY guys lets release this ... cool" .. .no planning.
All of a sudden new game released without ANY publicity ... sounds like a
winning plan sculpted by a business genius ..... NOT

eg
Digital simulator site , still does not have a gift option for buying it for a friend
So even after this being pointed out ages ago ... they still cannot be arsed
to impliment it ..
So either Steam gives them a better cut than if they were selling through their own website
or they are too lazy to implement something that could increase their profits

ED forums are a terrible place , anyone says anything critical (even if it justified and potentially helpful to ED)
the zealots rally to defend ED (mostly ED testers / mods) I took an example thread and
counted customers Vs ED minions ....... 40% of thread was ED minions shouting down the PAYING CUSTOMERS comments.

I have been playing sims for over 30years , I just hope there are still companies
around doing this in the future, the decisions ED makes sometimes I am not
sure they will be around in the future. Fingers crossed they are

Last edited:
....and added LOADS of new features, re-works etc. You need to chill out a bit on the ED hating, because personally I can't think of more accurate simulation(s) which is a real achievement. Sure beats paying £50 for some shiny new clouds in FSX.

Just because they make accurate simulations doesn't mean they are a good business.

ED. Their heart is in the right place but their mind? I'm starting to see bits of the old ED come back though; with DCS World being the first step in the right direction for a long time. I'm critical of ED because somebody has to play devil's advocate - if people only provide positive feedback then their whole perspective is skewed off balance. I like their products and I commend them for it, but I do not like how they have handled themselves in the past.

I agree about the forums though. Nate and some of the other gang on there are reasonable, however there is one particular moderator that grinds my gears so to speak and I really cannot stand said person's attitude. It actually puts me off posting there...lol!

Last edited:
DCS:- World Beta updated to v1.1.2.1 + Changelogs for A-10 and BS2 (Release will be soon)

P-51 1.1.2.1

• Orange (missing texture) models.
• Crash on destruction of SAM units.
• Disappearance of payloads after game is un-paused game.
• New music.
• Manual s added to installer.
• Crash on some missions start.
• Multiplayer login problems.
• Repair aircraft by player request only.
• Control surfaces synchronized over network.
• Improved P-51D cooling system.
• Crash after sinking IFV BMP-3.
• Sound crackling.
• P-51D purchase icon added to DCS: World.

A-10 + Black Shark 1.1.2.1 (Soon)

FEATURES
• Integration into DCS World
• Implemented several measures to prevent network DoS-attacks.
• Implemented initial resource manager.
• Added third-party models: watchtower and corrected power lines pylon.

COMMUNICATIONS
• The easy communication radio menu is now opened with the [\] key.
• The realistic communication radio menu is now opened with the [RAlt - \] key.

A-10C Fixes
• Ground shadow z-fighting when viewed from within the cockpit.
• JTAC's IR pointer misses the target.
• Constantly repeated radio reports from wingmen, particularly after leader landing.
• A-10C flight A-10C takeoff from runway. Wingmen would suddenly "freeze" between air and ground.
• Fuel Quantity Gauge is always on.
• Some buttons became non-clickable when view is zoomed.
• Altimeter ELECT/PNEU switch inoperable.
• JTACs sorted by range in radio menu.
• Several electrical devices in cockpit not working properly.

Ka-50 Fixes
• Initial collective pitch is corrected.
• Several missing text message from wingmen.
• Wingmen take-off rejection in some cases.
• Buttons and switches could become non-clickable in some cockpit view locations.
• Both engine over-speed failure lights on at mission start.
• Some dials are not affected by lighting conditions.
• Certain wing payloads no longer stay with helicopter after the wing is destroyed.
• Most radio options are greyed-out with easy comms.

GENERAL Fixes
• AXIS TUNE button sometimes not being active after assignment.
• Periodic crash when changing gameplay options.
• Mouse cursor sometimes being invisible in game.
• Crash after a collision with a civilian traffic object.
• Crash when a ship is destroyed.
• Possible crash on mission load if civilian traffic is present in the mission.
• Multiplayer chat key stops working.
• "Red" Oliver Hazard Perry more powerful compared to "Blue" assignment.
• Su-33 flight leader doesn't taxi on the deck.
• After starting a mission, setting "BARIC SYSTEM" is reset to "CYCLONE".
• Modifier Switch Function missing.
• MLRS M270. Strange aiming logic.
• BGM-109B Tomahawk. Incorrect flight model.
• MBT Leopard-2. Inaccurate collision model.
• E-3 model that resulted in refueling error.
• Tanks don't open fire when on the move.
• Possible client hang after connect to server.
• MP client slots stay unusable for a long period of time if the previous client timed out.
• Terrain object incorrect water reflections.
• The Tu-160 and Tu-22 landing without landing gear.
• SA-11. After a salvo launch from two launchers, the missiles collide.
• JTAC use of "TERMINATE" communication.
• Simulator hang when a mission contains a Chaparral SAM.
• Tornado IDS. GUI error when the set bombing point is a waypoint actions.
• Possible crash when a SAM missile hits a Su-33.
• Any aircraft assigned to "Bombing Runway" will not attack and simply go to the next waypoint.
• JTACs appearing with the same number in radio list, if there are more than four of them in the mission with the same callsign.
• Missing tunnel entrance texture.
• Nalchik airbase runway defects.
• Mineralnye Vody airbase runway and taxiway problems.
• Tuned AI aircraft refueling behavior.
• Ctrl+S calls SAVE AS dialogue instead of saving file immediately.
• Rockets are removed from fuselage hardpoints of Su-27/30/33/34.
• Minvody airbase, tuned lights on the western edge of runway (RW 12).
• APC and AAA not attacking ships.
• APC MTLB firing sound continues after unit has stopped firing.
• Ships open fire on infantry at distance of 15 km.
• PAPI lights at Batumi were in the wrong position.
• Aircraft shelters' self shading is tuned.
• Increased the explosive mass of Grad rocket warhead to full warhead mass, from 12 to 18.4.
• SA-9 target detection has been adjusted.
• Air defense re-target to priority target.
• LVTP-7 large aiming errors.
• FSG Molniya gun barrel jitter when aiming.
• Multiplayer. Water starts flickering when mission is restarted.
• Adjusted terrain avoidance for some AI aircraft that were wildly over-exaggerating maneuvers, making them unable to fly set course.
• Multiplayer. Possible client not hearing response from Tanker.
• Several minor bugs in Mission Editor.
• Possible situation of SAMs not engaging targets if ships are present in the mission.
• Kuznetsov aircraft carrier deck lighting.

Nate

The Beta Versions of the A-10 Warthog and Ka-50 Black Shark modules for DCS:-World are available now.

A-10C Warthog and Black Shark 2 Beta Modules (1.1.2.1) for DCS: World

Open betas of A-10C Warthog (1.1.2.1) and Black Shark 2 (1.1.2.1) modules for DCS: World are released. Download links can be found at the bottom of the download pages, right before BitTorrent files.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/a_10c_warthog_and_black_shark_2_modules_for_dcs_world/

Prior to installing the modules, you must first have DCS World installed. You may download from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=18&end_pos=135&lang=en

Please note that the open beta of Black Shark 2 module is only for the standalone version. Serial numbers of the upgrade version will not work. The module of Black Shark 2 upgrade version will be released later after release of the final versions of the modules.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom