DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Will do.

The A-10 version you bought is the original Standalone version of A-10. DCS has since moved to a Modular system. So that instead of an install of DCS:-Warthog and another of DCS:-Black Shark and another of DCS:-Mustang etc etc. The Base program (DCS:-World) has modules of these aircraft installed into it.

This uses much much less disk space, takes much less to download, and ensures all modules are using the same code for Multiplayer compatibility and are all updated together. Plus you get a free Su-25T aircraft in DCS:-World too.

To use the latest version, you can leave your current version where it is, the new version will not affect it at all. Or you can uninstall it if you like, it no longer matters.

Step 1 - Download DCS:-World and install. (I recommend the torrent link at the bottom)

Step 2 - Download the A-10 Module for DCS World and install.

Step 3 - Fly.

Step 4 - Ask questions here or on the official forum (you will have many)

Nate

Thanks for your help. So if i download and install DCS world, do i have to pay again for the A-10C, as i have already paid £30 for the DVD-ROM?

Is the campaign for A-10 still the same with DCS world?

Thanks,

Keith.

Thanks for your help. So if i download and install DCS world, do i have to pay again for the A-10C, as i have already paid £30 for the DVD-ROM?

Is the campaign for A-10 still the same with DCS world?

Thanks,

Keith.

No , you have already paid once for A-10C , they only made people play twice for BS1 -> BS2

DCS World is the Basic engine for the simulation and each plane is a module
that plugs into it , so you install DCS world and any planes you have paid for

Thank you.
I will unistall A-10 then and go with the DCS world A-10 install.
I will also purchase the Combined Arms, as i like the sound of controling ground usints from the A-10.

Keith.

Last edited:
One or two last questions (i hope)

I'm building a new system and was thinking of going for the following:

Intel Core i7-3930K

ASUS RAMPAGE IV GENE

Corsair X79 Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz Quad Channel

Corsair Professional Series HX1050 Modular 1050 Watt Power Supply

Is the above ok, or is any of it a bit overkill?
The i7-3820 3.60GHz would save me quite a lot of money, but will this run it really good?
I think 8GB of that RAM would be fine, but i've yet to find it in 8GB kits.

I just need to find a good graphics card now. I don't want to spend silly money though.
I was thinking about a 2GB ATI, but i've been reading about ATI driver problems with A-10C.
Can anyone recommend a good card? I am only using one monitor. The max i could go for would be one GTX 670

Thanks,

Keith.

Last edited:
I'm not too acquainted with hardware these days, but you are best served with getting the strongest/most overclockable CPU for DCS. It relies more on the CPU than GPU. That said from what I've heard a GTX670 should be ok for DCS.

You should probably ask in the hardware section of the forum for better advice.

Nate

I used FaceTrackNoIR for the first time last night, and WOW! I was like a little kid for around 2 hours! Mainly because I didn't fancy paying for TrackIR without trying the idea first, but tonight its going to be 3D gaming with headtracking :D

Although that'll be on FSX, as DCS A-10 will still not work with nvidia 3d vision :(

unless you plan on running loads of Vm's , 16G of ram is overkill

8G would be better and give you more money to spend elsewhere

a 670 would go nicely with the rest of your kit

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy P51 ?

I do not want to use the digital sim store as it does not appear to be generating keys properly ,
hence that is why their support forums are full of un happy people who have
paid for software that the cannot use

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=94677

Devs said:
DCS 1.2.1 Update - 2 October 2012

The team is reading the feedback and is actively taking steps to remedy the problems identified in 1.2.1 to include:

1- Reimbursing used activations when updating to 1.2.1.
2- Addressing continued issues with the master server.
3- Migrating several fixes in the internal versions to the auto updater.
4- Providing a change log to the Auto Updater dialog window.
5- Providing solutions to frame rate issues that some users are having.

The team is working hard on these and we hope to have this issues resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Nate

Although that'll be on FSX, as DCS A-10 will still not work with nvidia 3d vision :(

Completely, or specific problems? I've not dusted off my warthog stick for a while but it was working when I last used it and mostly 'non working' status on 3d vision games have been down to the drivers released over the past 6 months (most of which have been correctable by alt-tabbing a few times, even with Civ V which is a '3d ready' type of title!).

Completely, or specific problems? I've not dusted off my warthog stick for a while but it was working when I last used it and mostly 'non working' status on 3d vision games have been down to the drivers released over the past 6 months (most of which have been correctable by alt-tabbing a few times, even with Civ V which is a '3d ready' type of title!).

Completely by the looks of it, there is a solution on the Eagle forums however it doesnt work at all. The game thinks its playing in 3D (you get the bright logo on the transmitter and the glasses activate) but the image remains the same.

Thats from the 265.xx drivers all the way up to the newest one, so its a clash between nVidia and DCS by the looks of it, wish it worked :(

Are you sure? IIRC the problem with 3D was with the HUD parallax not being set to infinity - resulting in two target points on the HUD. It should work in some fashion.

BTW has nobody noticed the Aircraft at the end of that video above?

Nate

no it doesnt work at all with active 3d, only that old school red/green split for passive 3d.

And yeah I noticed the Huey, but like I said a few pages back I'm more interested in buying a quality polished product rather than DLC overload. Unless its a Tornado :)

I'm afraid the main point seems to be about using iZ3D instead Nate, nVidia one is different and harder to set up, although a moment ago I had a breakthrough. In windowed mode it ATTEMPTS to draw two images, but flashes rapidly and doesn't trigger the glasses.

I cant work out whats so different between FSX and DCS settings wise, because for me FSX is fine including HUD issues, but any discussion about the NV3d on the ED forums just gets watered down with people talking about iZ3D instead and thrown off topic.

Back
Top Bottom