DCS: A-10C Warthog (first screens!)

Associate
The drivers have certainly borked things. I am still using pre-dcs world installations of BS and A10C, both of which worked 'fine' (certain anomalies excluded) in 3dvision mode at the point they were installed, but now they don't and it's almost like the driver doesn't even save the per-game configuration settings in the same place/way anymore either.

I can still get it to work in BS but any time I hit save configuration it throws convergence out of wack. A10C no dice, same as you.

I also take what you say about the talk on the forums, mostly bullied by 'PeterP' into deferring any action away from ED to step up support, saying they shouldn't do anything except keep on coding in directx - sadly incorrect, getting stereo3d to work correctly is a partnership of both sides (and something nvidia would offer help with), not a finger pointing game at who is responsible. It just so happens the 3rd parties managed to figure out a way to mess with the rendering pipeline enough to shim 90% of it without changes needed in a lot of cases.

At least the latest drivers seem to be kicking 3d mode in properly now (recent versions since about March this year had been rubbish in this respect), so perhaps nvidia are on a path to recovery - I just hope they get their own forums back online soon as that's where most dialog over 3dvision problems/fixes tends to happen.

Soldato
OP
Pics to follow....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95295

Announcing DCS: UH-1H Huey

DUXFORD, UK, October 7th, 2012 - The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek are proud to announce the upcoming release of DCS: UH-1H Huey - the next aircraft in the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) series of PC combat simulations. The Huey is one of the most iconic and well-known helicopters in the world. Having seen extensive service as a transport and armed combat support helicopter during the Vietnam War, the Huey continues to serve in both military and civilian roles in many countries around the globe today.

DCS: UH-1H Huey will feature the same exacting level of modelling detail as the existing Ka-50 Black Shark, A-10C Warthog and P-51D Mustang DCS aircraft and it will be online compatible with them. Working in close partnership with U.S. based UH-1 operators and experts, The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek have leveraged their unique skills and experience to provide the most dynamic and true to life helicopter experience available on the PC.

The UH-1H will be the first helicopter of conventional design featured in the DCS series and further demonstrates the broad scope of the DCS simulation environment and its ability to introduce a wide variety of aircraft from all eras into a common simulation platform. The UH-1H will also be the first DCS aircraft to offer multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner. Like previous DCS products, the UH-1H will include a variety of difficulty options to cater to users with different levels of flight simulation experience, including “Simulation” and “Game” playing modes.

DCS: UH-1H Huey will be available for pre-purchase later this year for $39.99.

For more information, please visit: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com.

Key Features of DCS: UH-1H Huey include:
Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic helicopter experience on the PC.
Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.
Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.
Interactive cockpit controls that allow players to operate systems using the mouse.
Accurate UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.
Detailed modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1 operators.
Missions that include transport and combat support operations.
Training that includes interactive and video lessons.
Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.

Nate

Permabanned
Thought I'd ask this in here,

Does Black Shark 1 work with DCS World?

Do I need dcs world to play black shark 1 online, or do I just install black shark 1 and use the ingame browser to connect like normal?

If bs1 does not work with dcs world...is there anything I can do with dcs world that doesn't mean I have to buy something? Am I able to play?

Thanks

Associate
Quote "Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner."

Coolio, also bodes well for other aircraft to be crew capable :D

Soldato
I dunno about these prices, I'd be inclined to buy more if each module wasn't deemed as a full product but an extension which is making me hold off on something special instead of splurging out on a few that might be good.

Depends how high fidelity it is, (UH1) and what content we have, if you've simply added the aircraft into the existing world, I know a lot of people are going to be hard pressed to find much use out of it aside from a few cheap, I mean, expensive thrills. If we're paying for the work done to add more patch features(multicrew) meh, that's already happened before.

I understand DCS builds for a niche market and it needs to up to costs, I know you guys know better than me when it comes to selling less for more or more for less.
I just don't see how I'm going to get the same time/experience/worth out of uh1/p51 as I would a10 at the same prices.

Personally I'm waiting for a deal on FC3/FC Combo, the F18, something with a weapons officer in the back, eurofighter and APACHE!:)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah 39.99 seems pretty expensive for it, especially when Rise of Flight offers aircraft from 7.99. I'd love to give the P-51 a go too, but I'm not prepared to splash that much on an aircraft I'll probably never have the time to master.

Associate
Yeah 39.99 seems pretty expensive for it, especially when Rise of Flight offers aircraft from 7.99. I'd love to give the P-51 a go too, but I'm not prepared to splash that much on an aircraft I'll probably never have the time to master.

The planes in rise of flight are pretty simple tbh. Although they are great fun.
Also before it went free to play we bought the game for 30 quid then still had to buy planes.So when you think about the level of detail that goes into dcs modules they are comparable in price.
Also rise of flight charges extras for planes like sights etc.

Soldato
Just a quick heads up

You can get this and other good flight sims for 2 for £15

DCS A10C , DCS Black shark 2 - The quest for more money , IL2 Cliffs of Dover , Take on Helicopters , TOH: Hind , Wings of Prey

get them here -> http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Deal on for 72 hours

Associate
DCS 1.2.2 has been released, launch the game, run your autoupdater or get the install files from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

DCS World, 1.2.2
Fixed duplicated aircraft icons in generated mission.
Fixed double-click required when setting MAP OPTIONS.
Trigger zone less 37 meters radius is now visible.
Fixed missing scroll bar in the "Options" windows.
Fixed selecting F10 view options in ME mission options panel.
Corrected mouse axis disabled when player call the in-game briefing.
Corrected Su-25T Vikhr reticule position in some situations.
Fixed incorrect messages for ships after pressing "RAlt+J".
RIM-7 speed has been corrected.
Fixed erratic mouse cursor behavior when used in the cockpits.

DCS: P-51D Mustang (Final), 1.2.2
Fixed simulator hang when player is trying to roll the P-51D.
Fixed erratic mouse cursor behavior.
Improved parameter in graphics.cfg to benefit FPS on high settings.
Corrected blinker animation.

DCS: A-10C Warthog, 1.2.2
Maverick's maneuver envelope has been corrected.
GBU-31 aiming has been corrected.
Fixed typos in several A-10C single missions.
Corrected AAP, STEER Toggle Switch.
Adjusted the A-10C APU sound.

DCS: Black Shark 2, 1.2.2
Fixed simulator crash after jumping into a ground unit from a Ka-50.
Fixed missing Ka-50 textures for older missions.

Also Flaming Cliffs 3 pre-purchase is up on ED's e-shop. FC3 info; http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/series/flaming_cliffs_3

Associate
Update on the Belsimtek UH-1H Huey, looks like it'll be the first 3rd party flyable.

EvilBivol-1 said:
Apologies again for the continuing lack of media. I hope you understand we're not trying to hide anything, especially given all of the UH-1H data already available as part of the public DCS World (3D model and such).

In response to this post:

The flight model is well done - I would say in the tuning phase. The damage model is well in development, but not completed. Most of the major cockpit functionality is there, the most important exception being the pilot's reflex sight, which is currently replaced by a “magic” CCIP reticle. The copilot's sight, used to steer the guns, is modeled correctly and works. The weapons work, including the steerable miniguns, unguided rockets, and the door guns. Subsystems like engine, fuel, hydraulics, electrics are in various states of completion, but overall functional and interactive with the model. Switching seats works and it’s possible to fly or shoot from the pilot or copilot position, as well as aim and shoot the M-60s as a door gunner. There are some simple "autopilot" modes available so the player can hand off control to the AI copilot. Currently there is no other crew AI functionality, but we expect this will be developed as we move ahead.

We are preparing to launch the pre-purchase beta option soon, so I think the above is probably a good description of what you can expect to be included, in addition to WIP manuals, some training and combat missions.

I will, with some hesitation, mention some of the features we are either working on or hope to implement as the product moves forward. Please understand that it is all subject to change depending on technical progress, available time, human resources, etc. At this point we are pretty confident about being able to implement sling loads, there is work ongoing on new animated infantry, we hope to include interactive crew AI, and multipayer coop mode as mentioned in the announcement.

Source. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Soldato
FC3 beta is released is any normal player (none ED tester) got it yet ?

And is it worth bending over a third time and bracing myself for a third re-entry ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom