US: DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Caporegime
The time travel and all of that spiel I can take but can someone tell me how Jackson, a car mechanic, knows how to fix the jump ship or a time drive? I can fix computers, doesn't mean I can instantly fix up a Nimitz-class supercarrier!

Caporegime
Bumping this back up just to highlight how shocking, even for LoT standards, the writing was in the episode. I hadn't finished watching the episode when I previously posted. I assume the writers strike is back on?

Associate
I don't know tbh. My thought was they had planned it as a single series in which they would kill off Savage by the end. But then it got renewed for a S2 so they came up with some contrived way to keep him alive at the end? Could be wrong as they may well have filmed it all before it got renewed, I don't know how that all works.

The only good things about it are Micks one liners and that Kendra has stopped toying with poor Ray.

Associate
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to muster the will to watch this every week; it's not good!

I quite like Heatwave since he came back, they gave him a bit of intelligence. Horsegirl is just annoying, as is palmer. Rip Hunter is possibly the worst bit of casting I can think of. Caity Lotz is one of the very few saving graces for this show, she's bonnie and her fight scenes are ok.

Shame about Snart being killed off... well, sort of apparently not?? I liked his terrible acting.

Associate
I've never understood why they don't cloak the ship until it lands. Surely they want to draw as little attention to themselves as possible.

Haha yeah that was my thought everytime it showed the ship. They fly in in full view for the world to seem, land then cloak...wut.

Still, it's over now and wasn't *too* bad in the final 2 episodes. Not sure I'll watch S2 though...

Soldato
i tried to keep this going due to the tie ins with arrow and flash but i just could not. I got to about 5 episodes from season end.

Was it worth finishing?

i just couldn't see how they were going to stop Savage since he is an immortal, tbh it was just generally bad :p

Soldato
Was it worth finishing?

No. Short answer.

I have officially given up with 1 episode to go of the season, I just can't take it any longer.

It comes to something when the best thing in the show is Captain Cold who was one of the worst things in Arrow!

Actually cheered when Horseteeth said they weren't staying.
That's mean! *sniggers*

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Season 2 synopsis:

"After the defeat of the immortal villain Vandal Savage and the corrupt Time Masters who colluded with him, a new threat emerges. Dr. Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), an unconventional and charming historian, is thrust into the action upon making a shocking discovery - the Legends are scattered throughout time.

Nate must find a way to rescue season one’s beloved team of heroes and rogues, including billionaire inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), who has created an exo-suit with the power to shrink him to miniscule size, as the Atom; Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), the White Canary, a trained assassin; Professor Martin Stein (Victor Garber) and Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (Franz Drameh), who together form the meta-human Firestorm; and Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), aka Heat Wave, a career criminal. When the Legends encounter the J.S.A (the Justice Society of America, the precursor to DC’s Justice League) in the 1940s, Amaya Jiwe (Maisie RichardsonSellers), aka Vixen, joins the team. While the team reunites, a mystery looms - the fate of former captain Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill).

Once reunited, the Legends continue their new mission to protect the timeline from temporal aberrations - unusual changes to history that spawn potentially catastrophic consequences. When Nate, the grandson of J.S.A. member Commander Steel, unexpectedly finds himself with powers, he must overcome his own insecurities and find the hero within himself. Ultimately, the Legends will clash with foes both past and present, to save the world from a mysterious new threat."

Back
Top Bottom