DDR5 is here, first kits on sale in July

Soldato
I need 64GB, but over my dead body would I be paying a grand for RAM. Just a few days ago there was still Kingston 5200Mhz, £600 for 64GB (not this site), but even that seemed steep. Now that's gone too.

I bought a 16GB 4800Mhz basic kit a few weeks ago, glad I did, as also not prepared to pay double MSRP.

I'm guessing we'll have mass availability of faster/higher capacity kits in January, from a few sources I have.

Last edited:
Associate
I bit the bullet as planning a build after Christmas and this was the last piece I needed... I think I also got the last Corsair Strix 3090 water block in the whole country through Amazon Warehouse (new, but missing manual!) so to get that and not have memory to do the build is too frustrating. I am not happy with the price, and will be keeping an eye out - I did actually pre-order somewhere else, same kit, £300, but they cancelled it hours later and removed the listing... so can't say i'm impressed with the pricing OCUK are going with... 14 days to refund once it arrives, so still keeping my eyes open.

Soldato
I bit the bullet as planning a build after Christmas and this was the last piece I needed... I think I also got the last Corsair Strix 3090 water block in the whole country through Amazon Warehouse (new, but missing manual!) so to get that and not have memory to do the build is too frustrating. I am not happy with the price, and will be keeping an eye out - I did actually pre-order somewhere else, same kit, £300, but they cancelled it hours later and removed the listing... so can't say i'm impressed with the pricing OCUK are going with... 14 days to refund once it arrives, so still keeping my eyes open.

Did my hint fail :D

Associate
Did my hint fail :D

May have missed the hint - was it the one about the main memory guys dropping a ton? I hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it!!

I have order from Corsair directly from 2 weeks ago, at an OK price, but no actual update on delivery, so fingers crossed on that one

RSR

RSR

Soldato
May i ask where from? via pm of not allowed

Zia

Mine are from the US as I get all my ram from the same place, if you look around there are a number of difference place who list these. Stock is the issue at the moment, as I am waiting on a Silver set of the same kit. :(

Back
Top Bottom