Dead Space (Remake)

Soldato
On a technical level I really want to play this.... But I have completed dead space 1 twice alread.ly.
Anyone not played the original this is imo a must buy (if you like the genre) but for me I think it's a pass.(regrettably)

Caporegime
On a technical level I really want to play this.... But I have completed dead space 1 twice alread.ly.
Anyone not played the original this is imo a must buy (if you like the genre) but for me I think it's a pass.(regrettably)

You'll be right, it's probably two years away yet. You might have forgotten what happened by then. :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Played it when it first came out when I had an 8800 GT / GTX 460, just about managed 1440 p lol iirc, looking forward to this, remakes are a trend but for the better so far with all those PS4/PS5 games now on PC too with more to come.

EA have an active development blog with a recent post too talking about progress:

“Right, when you start shooting, you see the skin and the flesh getting ripped from the enemy’s body,” says Roman, “and then you start to see the bones underneath, and then you can cut the bones and it cuts the limb, and so on. It looks amazing—but it also gives direct feedback to the player about the amount of damage they’re doing.”
:eek:

So with Callisto Protocol first, and then this, what a great year it will be for scifi horror.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
FOV fixes were possible btw, I recall doing some fo those which sorted it. Keep in mind the original game was a bad port on PC, it was best experienced on XBOX 360 at the time. You need mods to make the PC version acceptable to today's standards of gaming experience on PC really. This is why the remake is a thing and comes with some big upgrades all over.

Gameplay reveal of the remake is due at 4PM today:

Edit*

Questions already raised as to the fit and finish, 2d sprites galore?

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm... I'm really not wowed by what EA's showing here - it looks *very* last-gen - no subtlety to the lighting/fx - the original Dead Space was (and still is) a stunningly lit game - this one... not so much.

Still - hoping for the best - the Dead Space 1+2 are two of my favourite games.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'd say if anything that the trailer was made up of development footage, there's no way they would leave those 2D flat sprites for fire, smoke and other liquids in place surely.... Frostbite must be capable of better although the only other games that use it are the Battlefield games, all the Star Wars and Need For Speed - All these are fast paced action games so I guess Dead Space having the slow pacing that it has will show up any flaws in the assets like the trailer shows.

Have EA missed a beat here by choosing Frostbite, when UE4/5 are much more capable for this sort of game genre?

Back
Top Bottom