Dead Space (Remake)

Associate
Bit of an odd showing in that trailer given how jerky all the action looked, brightness levels seemed blown out as well (greys instead of blacks).

It looks alright, but not really getting me excited. The original, aside from a few minor points was solid and a classic at this point. I just hope they don't stray too far away from the soul/spirit that made the first game (and the second) great.

Probably one to wait on the in depth reviews before I take a look, I like the original too much to taint it if this turns out to be a lower effort remake.

Man of Honour
The whole point of the tiny FOV is to add to the atmosphere. Removing that would wouldn't make it a survival horror.
It just didn't work for me, I didn't even get to any scary/atmospheric situations, just moving around on this spaceship/pod or whatever it was horrible because it was zoomed in so much, I think the mouse felt weird as well like it was using some sort of controller emulation or something. It was just so off-putting I gave up, like I was battling the engine not having an experience.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'll be getting a key from a key site that's cheaper than steam. If no reviews are out before release then I'll sample the 2 hour return window via STEAM, then refund anyway and decide if I like it enough to buy it off a key site, or not bother.

Associate
In case there's any Dead Space über-fans out there that missed it - Limited Run Games is doing a super-deluxe physical release on XBSX/PS5/PC:

dead-space-collectors-edition-lrg-pc-cont.png

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
So caught up with the hype, i actually played the original again (2008 edition) and must say, in terms of story, graphics and gameplay. Still a solid survival horror masterpiece imo that has withstood the test of time. So engrossed i completed it in about 4 days off and on.

Playing Deadspace 2 now which i have never even loaded before.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doesn't make sense anyway

SNES release was late 1990 (Japan)
Dead Space was released 18 years later in 2008

2008 to now is 14 years.

Super Nintendo was still on sale in 1995 so was stretching it somewhat for the dramatic effect but still holds true :p 13 years to 14.

So caught up with the hype, i actually played the original again (2008 edition) and must say, in terms of story, graphics and gameplay. Still a solid survival horror masterpiece imo that has withstood the test of time. So engrossed i completed it in about 4 days off and on.

Playing Deadspace 2 now which i have never even loaded before.

That was my point earlier. When series X launched there was no games on it. (You could still argue that today :p) I played the Dead Space Trilogy and Mass Effect Triology. Makes you realise just how good the 360 generation was and how poor games of today actually are :p

If yourself and I can still massively enjoy a game from 14 years ago maybe the devs of today should focus more on gameplay instead of graphics ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
DR2 is also great...3 less so but slightly better graphics.

I remember earning the achievement for not dying in DS2 to get the uber rewards ingame.....thats a really tough achievement takes a lot of skill to earn that one legit!!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I would replay the original but you are forced to install EA Play which I refuse to do. Luckily the remake does not have that requirement on Steam.

Caporegime
DR2 is also great...3 less so but slightly better graphics.

I remember earning the achievement for not dying in DS2 to get the uber rewards ingame.....thats a really tough achievement takes a lot of skill to earn that one legit!!

I played DS3 with my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed it. Coop single players games have all but disappeared now.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Interesting point mad eon reddit about the dev's claim that dead space remake is seamless on the ship with no loading or scene transition. It's effectively "on take" like God of War. But the thing is GoW has a lot of sequences that are obvious transitions of loading the next area, like when travelling between realms/main chamber, and the endless boat rides which I found tedious lol.

So before anyone goes pre ordering, let the reviews swing it first, or at least play the 2hr refund window game on STEAM.

Also this is cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom