Dead Space (Remake)

Associate
full price, for a remake, with a new game from the original developers coming - not a chance

Yep. Charge full price for a remake, then claim there's no appetite for a brand new instalment when it underperforms sales-wise... Or worse, pronounce single player games as being dead again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Was the original game not seamless anyway or am I misremembering? I recall some doors taking slightly longer to open which was obviously hiding some loading but other than that and the tram between chapters I can't remember any loading screens.

Associate
Was the original game not seamless anyway or am I misremembering? I recall some doors taking slightly longer to open which was obviously hiding some loading but other than that and the tram between chapters I can't remember any loading screens.
I believe you are correct, I remember the same.

My understanding from what I've read is that the the tram ride is no longer a transition between chapters, it actually just serves the purpose of travelling to/from already unlocked areas quickly. So in a sense it sounds like by cutting that loading screen out it would be a seamless experience given that the original was like how you mentioned.

Soldato
I believe you are correct, I remember the same.

My understanding from what I've read is that the the tram ride is no longer a transition between chapters, it actually just serves the purpose of travelling to/from already unlocked areas quickly. So in a sense it sounds like by cutting that loading screen out it would be a seamless experience given that the original was like how you mentioned.
Just watched the video a page back and yeah that seems to be the main change. Rather than using the tram at the end of every chapter they've changed up how you go from one chapter to the next. Seems really cool actually.

The intensity director looks like a great way to make it feel different to the original too. I agree with other than the price is steep for a remake though, will wait for it to hit half price or less before picking it up.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The first 18 minutes will be streamed in 3 hours at IGN, might be worth a look:

The timing of this is quite amusing, just as Striking Distance work away to patch up Callisto optimisation, could EA show off something that runs/looks even better than that I wonder...

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yep I liked what I saw, looks like ray traced reflections (didn't have the tell tale SSR quirk as the reflection gets to the edge of frame) and GI too at play. I like the fact that they didn't crush the blacks so it looked like a faded colour grade (old dead space had this, Callisto has this) - So playing on QD-OLED is going to be amazing with this lol.

It was being played on a PC at 4K 60fps, I saw no major stutters, just a few minor fps drops randomly - Minor optimisations perhaps before launch..The fact that it was running and looking flawless at 4K 60 on PC means I should have no trouble at 3440x1440 hopefully.

The audio also was top notch, Calisto is amazing already but I don't recall the sound directing being this cinematic from DS1.

It would indeed appear that EA have not messed this one up from those 18 minutes lol.

Edit*
Although yes, I will not get too hyped just incase lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep I liked what I saw, looks like ray traced reflections (didn't have the tell tale SSR quirk as the reflection gets to the edge of frame) and GI too at play. I like the fact that they didn't crush the blacks so it looked like a faded colour grade (old dead space had this, Callisto has this) - So playing on QD-OLED is going to be amazing with this lol.

It was being played on a PC at 4K 60fps, I saw no major stutters, just a few minor fps drops randomly - Minor optimisations perhaps before launch..The fact that it was running and looking flawless at 4K 60 on PC means I should have no trouble at 3440x1440 hopefully.

The audio also was top notch, Calisto is amazing already but I don't recall the sound directing being this cinematic from DS1.

It would indeed appear that EA have not messed this one up from those 18 minutes lol.

Edit*
Although yes, I will not get too hyped just incase lol.

I did see one of their earlier developer vids where they talked about the sound design, and I was impressed with what they were saying. Thankfully it seems it wasn't just lip service!

Associate
That ign video, kinda looks strange the way the enemy floats towards you, instead of crawling, around the 10 minute mark, the first enemy after you get the plasma cutter, defintely wont be buying this till reviews are up, after being bummed by callisto, could end up just being another beautiful graphical game with poor gameplay

Soldato
That ign video, kinda looks strange the way the enemy floats towards you, instead of crawling, around the 10 minute mark, the first enemy after you get the plasma cutter, defintely wont be buying this till reviews are up, after being bummed by callisto, could end up just being another beautiful graphical game with poor gameplay
Yeah what's that all about? Hopefully with another month of polish stuff like that will be fixed. Game looks beautiful, exactly how I remember the original until I go back to it's PS3 looking ass :p

Back
Top Bottom