Deadpool 2

Soldato
utterly brilliant, may be the only film I've seen that I want to go see again.

really hope this does well enough to spawn a 3rd

Associate
It was very funny. I don't actually find Ryan Reynolds funny and I thought a lot of his 'one liners' in the first 15 minutes or so missed the mark however it all kicks off after that and is highly amusing, even RR. Cable was great, another awesome performance from Josh Brolin.

There was an annoying gimp in the audience I was watching with who had a terrible laugh and was laughing at all the "I get that reference" moments that nobody else was laughing at :rolleyes:

Soldato
Deadpool 2 was amazing, and its better than the first which was also great!

so much LOL throughout the whole film, the the end of credits scene.......hilarious!

Out of the ballpark again for Reynolds with this one.

Man of Honour
I thought it was good fun but nowhere near as ‘fun’ or funny as the first. Felt like an action / superhero film first and a comedy film second. The first film was pretty much stupid the whole way through, which I approved of. There were definitely a few good laughs in number 2 but there was also sections that were played straight for a bit too long. A lot of the humour felt a bit forced too. I guess you can’t capture lightning in a bottle twice!Some of my favourite bits in the first film were:

Dropping the slide of pizza.

“Stupid!!! ..... worth it!”

The ikea conversation.

I sure miss cocaine.

CAPTAIN deadpool.

^^^ Just examples of the seemingly off the cuff stupidity that seemed notably absent this time. With number two a lot of the jokes were sort of built up or staged, rather than things they came up with on the spot , just not as effective.

I’d give it 6.5... company gave it 8.5.

However:

Anyone else see juggernaut getting out of the pool at the end?

... my god imagine if deadpool uses that device to thwart Thanos :D

Did the whole film unwrap itself at the end when he saved his girlfriend? Slightly confused by that one!!

Soldato
Just got back and enjoyed it more than the first one I think this time as they had more freedom to poke at other films,franchises etc it worked better, as above some jokes are setup ahead of time and several are callbacks to the first film in different guises. TJ Miller didn't fit the film this time around for me.

The end credit scene was definitely worth sticking around for.

Guess we'll have to see how this one performs if we'll get D3 or not.

Caporegime
I thought it was good fun but nowhere near as ‘fun’ or funny as the first. Felt like an action / superhero film first and a comedy film second. The first film was pretty much stupid the whole way through, which I approved of. There were definitely a few good laughs in number 2 but there was also sections that were played straight for a bit too long. A lot of the humour felt a bit forced too. I guess you can’t capture lightning in a bottle twice!Some of my favourite bits in the first film were:

Dropping the slide of pizza.

“Stupid!!! ..... worth it!”

The ikea conversation.

I sure miss cocaine.

CAPTAIN deadpool.

^^^ Just examples of the seemingly off the cuff stupidity that seemed notably absent this time. With number two a lot of the jokes were sort of built up or staged, rather than things they came up with on the spot , just not as effective.

I’d give it 6.5... company gave it 8.5.

However:

Anyone else see juggernaut getting out of the pool at the end?

... my god imagine if deadpool uses that device to thwart Thanos :D

Did the whole film unwrap itself at the end when he saved his girlfriend? Slightly confused by that one!!

Last spoiler:

Not sure if that was just another 'joke' or part of the movie? Did they just undoe the whole movie? :p

Associate
For me its a better movie than Deadpool but I didn't find it as funny as the first one but as others have said its tricky to replicate the freshness of the first film.

Associate
I really enjoyed it! I'd say it trades blows with the first one. Humour is good and some great action scenes. Little slow in places, but more than forgivable. Really recommend!

Back
Top Bottom