Deadpool 3 - Coming 2024

Not better than the first 2, the whole multiverse/tva stuff is not doing it any favours. Plot sucked, lots of flat jokes and action is kinda boring. As for Robert Downey as the new Dr doom, absolute cluster ****.

6/10

Last edited:
Amazing how well this is doing condering its an 18 cert, deserved as well.
Parents took their kids, as the Screen Engine/Comscore PostTrak report shows 18% adult family members with 9% children. EntTelligence further supports that the last five MCU movies (all PG-13) had 21% of their audiences under the age of 17. R-films typically have 5% of the audience under the age of 17, while Deadpool & Wolverine had 11% under 17. Not that Disney intended for this to happen, but hey, the draw here is that it’s Marvel, a family brand and this movie is part of the multiverse.

Parents took their kids, as the Screen Engine/Comscore PostTrak report shows 18% adult family members with 9% children. EntTelligence further supports that the last five MCU movies (all PG-13) had 21% of their audiences under the age of 17. R-films typically have 5% of the audience under the age of 17, while Deadpool & Wolverine had 11% under 17. Not that Disney intended for this to happen, but hey, the draw here is that it’s Marvel, a family brand and this movie is part of the multiverse.
Reynolds himself did talk a lot in interviews about letting and sitting with his own kids to watch the first 2, he was an actual parent/ adult about it all.

Reynolds himself did talk a lot in interviews about letting and sitting with his own kids to watch the first 2, he was an actual parent/ adult about it all.
Reynolds himself told the New York Times, “My 9-year-old watched the movie with me and my mom, who’s in her late 70s, and it was just one of the best moments of this whole experience for me.” While Deadpool & Wolverine is violent, it’s arguably not as violent as previous chapters.

Reynolds himself told the New York Times, “My 9-year-old watched the movie with me and my mom, who’s in her late 70s, and it was just one of the best moments of this whole experience for me.” While Deadpool & Wolverine is violent, it’s arguably not as violent as previous chapters.
And he did have his kids as Mini Deadpools in it!.

Not sure what to rate it, probably decide after another viewing. I did laugh quite a few times but there were also some jokes that missed that mark. I think the time travel stuff / multiverse just robs any of these movies of any real meaning because anything can be undone in a new timeline, there can be different versions of the superheroes, etc.

Not sure what to rate it, probably decide after another viewing. I did laugh quite a few times but there were also some jokes that missed that mark. I think the time travel stuff / multiverse just robs any of these movies of any real meaning because anything can be undone in a new timeline, there can be different versions of the superheroes, etc.
I will watch again in September when you can buy or hire :D

Last edited:
As a massive Deadpool fan it seems this will be enjoyable is not amazing...re-watched 1 a week ago, watching 2 Thursday evening and 3 this weekend...hopefully I won't be aching too much from the laughter :D

Looks like a slightly upward adjusted global box office opening weekend of $444.5m as data keeps coming through.

I wonder if this would have been so high before the mixed bag of MCU Phases 4&5 amongst all the other superhero franchise stagnations?

Contrast to Madame Web that made $100m, The Marvels $206m, $273m The Flash and $434m Aquaman TLK after their full runs.

Think this is in my top 3 marvel cinema experiences, never reached that point where I think to myself "how long is left?"

Paul Rudd joke was on point, had just been talking about him with the other half the day before :D

Think this is in my top 3 marvel cinema experiences, never reached that point where I think to myself "how long is left?"

Paul Rudd joke was on point, had just been talking about him with the other half the day before :D

Me too, long time coming. Before this I really didn't think they would make another to that level since End Game.

I saw this on opening night with my wife. She enjoyed it more than I did.

The plot was nonsense, though I found the second half was better than the first.

A lot of the jokes didn't really land for me, though I did laugh at some of the bits but I found Infinity War funnier and that's not even a comedy.

Biggest flaw for me

Paradox plan would have gone off seamlessly if he didn't send the TVA hunters to Deadpool's doorstep in the first place

Last edited:
saw it last night and it was surprisingly good - i went in expecting it to be average but really enjoyed. Story was nonsense but almost all jokes landed for me.

Smashed past $545m globally in just 5 days which means it's probably broke even by now based on a $200m "reported" budget which, when you x2.5 for marketing, reshoots etc, makes it about a $500m est "real" budget.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom