Deadwood movie is happening

Associate
I loved Deadwood.

Al Swearengen's language was awesome!

I sort of hope this will be a HBO tv movie with the original cast. If they go for a theatrical release, they'll have to re-introduce the characters for those who didn't watch the tv show. This is of course, just my opinion! :)

Soldato
I listened to an interview with Ian McShane on the Nerdist podcast (Chris Hardwick) and Ian said he reads stuff like this every year and he always calls 'Tim'(othy Olyphant) to see if he knows anything about it; and it always ends up neither of them having heard anything real about it happening- so I won't be holding my breath :p

Soldato
one of the best shows ever, total travesty that it was cancelled and even more of a travesty that they didn't admit to their mistake and relaunch it sooner. as above, i've been hearing rumours like this for a coupel years now, and i think it's true [as far as i can determine] that Milch has been working on a script, but beyond that it seems a bit ambiguous - one thing i read from Ian was him saying he didn't want to do anything that might sully the characters or the memories, and returning to the character now he's a decade older might not work as well.
way back, i was dying for them to bring it back, but now i'm a bit leery - so many other things have been resurrected and not been worthy.

Edit - if nowt else, i hope any new product prompts a reissue of the previous seasons on Bluray. I've got them all on DVD but want to upgrade, but the options on Amazon seem to be limited to foreign single seasons, a hugely expensive US box set, or reasonably-priced box sets that seem to be plagued by sound issues :-/

Last edited:
Caporegime
Can’t wait for this. Deadwood is in my top five fave shows ever.

Sadly, Powers Boothe died, so no Cy Tolliver. Boothe is actually buried in a town called Deadwood, in Texas. True story.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just within the few years that have passed and the way political correctness and gender equality and all that **** has exploded, I wonder if this will a) ever get made and b) ever resemble anything close to the original

Caporegime
This would be pretty awesome, while I don't think it is as good as the Wire, the Sopranos or Love Island it is up there as a solid TV show and I've always been a fan of Ian McShane

Back
Top Bottom