Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Soldato
How do you know when you have all the information to go after everyone on the same day?

Edit: Think I figured it out I need to complete the vissionaries leads, is that correct?

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you know when you have all the information to go after everyone on the same day?

Edit: Think I figured it out I need to complete the vissionaries leads, is that correct?

Yeah just work through the visionaries leads and when you've got all the information on them you'll get a little video

Associate
I played this game intently for about 2 weeks or so and thought it was brilliant. Now I barely play it at all.
No variation, it's just the same few small maps again and again

Soldato
Super Shifty or whatever, what's that all about, wandering around looking for boxes, I did not find them all just to get the Heritage shotgun?
I did not find the map helpful as I could not work out my starting point.
Will have another go tomorrow.

Soldato
Just completed the game and I went for really disliking it to couldn't get enough.
Surprisingly I got through the end game on my second try, the first time Juliana got me from behind which was a tad un-lady like. Found most of the visionaries easier on the end game though I came close to failing with the finally 2 given the amount of eternals that came calling.

Found I only really used two slabs, Nexus and Karnesis and pretty much stuck with the same three weapons throughout, why there was a sniper rifle was puzzling.

Soldato
Just completed the game and I went for really disliking it to couldn't get enough.
Surprisingly I got through the end game on my second try, the first time Juliana got me from behind which was a tad un-lady like. Found most of the visionaries easier on the end game though I came close to failing with the finally 2 given the amount of eternals that came calling.

Found I only really used two slabs, Nexus and Karnesis and pretty much stuck with the same three weapons throughout, why there was a sniper rifle was puzzling.

Aha I had the exact same experience. I was really looking forward to getting it, then the first 2 hours I wasn't feeling it at all and felt like I had wasted my money then suddenly it clicks and I couldn't put it down.

I pretty much only used Shift, with the enhancements of the one that gave it further distance and another that when used in midair would allow you to freeze and the other slab I used was Nexus with the enhancements of kills regained health and the one where it links to other eternalists. It made the taking out the Dorsey very easy as it would chain everyone together and a single headshot would basically get him.

I did the same though and stuck to only 3 weapons for the most part. The silenced SMG, a shotgun and i'd change the final weapon for either the nailgun or occasionally the long range rife as it was useful against Juliana. Probably could've just completed the game with the SMG though as with the right perks it was seriously OP. But the shotguns were fantastic for shredding Juliana whenever she came close

Soldato
Aha I had the exact same experience. I was really looking forward to getting it, then the first 2 hours I wasn't feeling it at all and felt like I had wasted my money then suddenly it clicks and I couldn't put it down.

I pretty much only used Shift, with the enhancements of the one that gave it further distance and another that when used in midair would allow you to freeze and the other slab I used was Nexus with the enhancements of kills regained health and the one where it links to other eternalists. It made the taking out the Dorsey very easy as it would chain everyone together and a single headshot would basically get him.

I did the same though and stuck to only 3 weapons for the most part. The silenced SMG, a shotgun and i'd change the final weapon for either the nailgun or occasionally the long range rife as it was useful against Juliana. Probably could've just completed the game with the SMG though as with the right perks it was seriously OP. But the shotguns were fantastic for shredding Juliana whenever she came close
I used a gold Limp-10, the Strelak 50-50 and the Strelak Verso.
I noticed that sometimes Julianna was a pain to kill other times easy peasy, but her coming up behind me twice was just not cricket.

Soldato
Started playing this a few days ago.

The game still suffers from inconsistent fps for me.

I know they supposedly patched it, but frame stability still seems poor to me.

Or perhaps it's just that the game is too taxing for a 3080 at 1440p?

I doubt it.

Associate
Started playing this a few days ago.

The game still suffers from inconsistent fps for me.

I know they supposedly patched it, but frame stability still seems poor to me.

Or perhaps it's just that the game is too taxing for a 3080 at 1440p?

I doubt it.

Its 100% not that, im running a 5600x with 3080 so similar spec to you and its nice and smooth

Soldato
I'm not able to use the sniper rifle with DLSS enabled / everything on very high @ 1440 ;(

The sight for the weapon moves to the top left corner of the screen lol. I'm having to literally no scope with it ffs.

ne0

ne0

Associate
I loved this game but it has practically zero replay value right? Apart from just being Julianna and trying to ruin people's fun? I'm trying to think of a reason to play it again as I did like it.

Associate
I have just finished this, so it is my first visit to this thread as I wanted to avoid any spoilers. There wont be any spoilers from me either as it's the start of that game I want to mention.
I really started to enjoy the game after about 4 or 5 hours of gameplay. Before that though it was a bit of a mess I thought. The tutorial\intro to the game could have been handled so much better in my opinion. As others have mentioned it just bombards you with systems and explanations that are very text heavy for a game. I would much rather have learnt the systems through a bit of guided exploration - for example couldnt Colt have found a partial video recording of his past self explaining the systems and giving clues as to what you need to do. I think I would have picked them up easier and been more invested in the story from the begining as a result.

There are too many systems - character trinkets, weapon trinkets, slabs, slab upgrades, Resideum and infusing your gear. Yes, I have played many games with more systems, but for this particular game the emphasis should have been on gathering clues and evidence from each loop as a means to progress and possibly some minor character progression. The story suffers I think. I would gather some evidence (such as reading a document or listening to a recording) and immediately the game joins all the dots for me and tells me what it means. I think the whole game would have benefitted from fewer systems related to your character and more emphasis on making the player figure out the solution rather than spoon feeding that part of the game.

The infusion of gear was also badly implemented. I am sure I missed the explanation, but I didnt know the orange symbol next to your gear meant they werent infused - instinct tells me it should be the other way around.

Also - what was the explanation for the fact you can die up three times before you have to start again. It's obvious that they did that for game design\balance, but in terms of the story and game world it just seemed odd and "gamey".

That being said I did enjoy it the more it went on, but it is far from the masterpiece that some reviews stated.

Soldato
Completed it yesterday, first game I've ticked off in a while! Really good execution....mostly problem solving, with some stealth and shooting. Most refreshing game I've played in ages.

I used shift mostly (as it lets you take a lot of good shortcuts, particularly on the Dorsey map), and Nexus. The Heritage Gun was my most used by a long way, it just drops people, at any range. I had a purple nailgun that tags nearby people as a backup that was useful for stealth sections.

Quite looking forward to replaying it with a different setup tbh.

Soldato
Started playing, at stock my 5950x is at 81c while playing

It's like 15c hotter than I've seen in any other game

what gives?

Back
Top Bottom