Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

Soldato
I've killed each person once but I'm really lost on what step I should take now.

Kinda frustrating me abit,

Look at the Visionary leads, you need to complete all of them.

I ended up using the Heritage Gun most of the game, it's totally OP....really satisfying still though.

Caporegime
What is this game pass, I have Googled but wonder at its benefits?

Just like Netflix, a monthly sub bags you a load of games to play whilst you are a member. The main selling point is some games appear on day one of their release so you could potentially save £40 or more to rent on Game Pass instead of buy.

Deathloop isn't confirmed yet but Sony's 1 year exclusivity period runs out in September and it's a given it will appear on Game Pass soon after as Microsoft own the developer!

Soldato
I decided to buy from CD Keys, which was maybe a mistake because it does have awful judder and I can't get a refund like I could if I bought direct from Steam.

The judder isn't a surprise as I can see now that it's basically a re-skin of Dishonored, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if I can get a performance workaround sorted.

Soldato
I decided to buy from CD Keys, which was maybe a mistake because it does have awful judder and I can't get a refund like I could if I bought direct from Steam.

The judder isn't a surprise as I can see now that it's basically a re-skin of Dishonored, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if I can get a performance workaround sorted.

I bought it from cdkeys as well. An error in this instance, because for reasons I can't understand, I'm getting massive fps drops after about 60 mins of play. I can only assume it to be software related, because I've not had this issue with any of the several dozen other games I've played. Shame, because it's quite enjoyable (for an hour).

Soldato
Best settings for removing the frame judder on rig,1 in my signature:

Drop resolution to 1440p so that I get consistent 120fps to match the screen Hz.

Ultra preset

Borderless full screen

Vsync On

HDR Off as it looks awful

Soldato
After sorting out the performance issues I've actually found it to be a really enjoyable game, however it's going to get filed alongside Returnal in that it's another one I won't get to experience because one mistake and it's everything lost and back to the start to repeat the entire process.

No, no, no. This is not enjoyable. I get that some people may like the challenge of this approach but surely they can build in a save system that caters for those who don't? Plus, this system were you need to buy the weapon or power you just spent an hour achieving, and you realise you don't have enough to buy it so it's repeat the whole thing yet again.

So frustrating.

Soldato
After sorting out the performance issues I've actually found it to be a really enjoyable game, however it's going to get filed alongside Returnal in that it's another one I won't get to experience because one mistake and it's everything lost and back to the start to repeat the entire process.

No, no, no. This is not enjoyable. I get that some people may like the challenge of this approach but surely they can build in a save system that caters for those who don't? Plus, this system were you need to buy the weapon or power you just spent an hour achieving, and you realise you don't have enough to buy it so it's repeat the whole thing yet again.

So frustrating.
Its not quite like that if memory serves, I think you need to die three times to lose everything, anything you have infused you keep. I must admit I found it not to my liking when I first started playing but after a break restarted and I was hooked but the game is not without its frustrations.

Back
Top Bottom