Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Soldato
Just want to dive in and say that a few days ago I picked up an S2417DG (after upgrading from an archaic 21.5-inch unit that I'd been using for ages) and the difference in quality and smoothness was remarkable.

However, I'd originally opted for a 24-inch version as I thought I sat a bit too close (about arm's length) for a 27-inch unit to be comfortable.

That doubt nagged away at me and eventually I caved and picked up an S2716DG (A04, luckily) with the idea being to see which one I actually preferred, then to send the unwanted one back. A bit of a pain, but there doesn't seem to be any other way of doing it these days.

End result? The 27's the much better choice, in my mind. Felt like far more of an upgrade, certainly isn't too big and I don't feel compelled to lean into it. A lot more immersive. Great screen, very impressed.

Associate
(Warning: actual Dell part comes at the end)

I returned an AOC AGON AG271QG this week because I could not accept the glow from the lower two corners, which was a damn shame as the rest of it was pretty breathtaking, and now as the other IPS monitors use the same panel, the Dell is highest on my list to buy.

My concern comes from comparing my 2 current monitors.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...l-led-multimedia-monitor-black-mo-077-as.html
and
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...-2.0-widescreen-led-monitor-bl-mo-097-bq.html

The Asus is stunning for colour and only minor glow but no good for gaming with poor input lag and refresh rate. The Benq is buttery smooth, but god damn it's such a bad picture it makes me not want to play games at all!

So my question is.... Between these two, where does the Dell sit? I'm not expecting quite the colours of my Asus but if it's comparable to the Benq I would be heartbroken to spend that much.

Cheers.

Associate
well for me I bit the bullet and bought a data color spyder5pro and did a full calibration its now at 2.2 gamma and 99%srgb so its a very nice pic . S2716DG A03 revision

Associate
Arrived today, gorgeous monitor.
I will admit its not a massive step up from my AOC 1080 gsync TN but ive made that jump to 1440 now from 1080.
My 970 is doing a lot better than i expected at 1440 too which is a bonus.

Man of Honour
So my question is.... Between these two, where does the Dell sit? I'm not expecting quite the colours of my Asus but if it's comparable to the Benq I would be heartbroken to spend that much.

I dunno about the XL2411 but I came from an XL2420T and the difference is huge once the Dell is calibrated the BenQ isn't even close to the same league. Out the box it should still be a fair bit better but they do need at least some basic calibrating.

Without bothering with ICC profiles or external calibration tools, etc. I've got mine so that superficially it looks like the Dell IPS sitting beside it - obviously doesn't have as good viewing angles and if you look closely it doesn't have the deep saturation of the IPS but for gaming, etc. you won't really notice.

Soldato
I am going to go with this monitor as i don’t want to play the panel lottery with acer, asus or viewsonic. All of those monitors mention a feature called eye care which reduces the blue light, does this dell have that feature?

Soldato
I am going to go with this monitor as i don’t want to play the panel lottery with acer, asus or viewsonic. All of those monitors mention a feature called eye care which reduces the blue light, does this dell have that feature?

Not that I'm aware of. But I think Windows 10 has that feature built in (possibly), and there's a few apps out there to do it.

Back
Top Bottom