*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
Well its arrived Manufactured in February A01 on the box.

I am no expert but no tint,
No dithering and no dead pixels so far.

However, the colours are nothing in comparison to my 20WGX2 - I was shocked. They look washed out to me.

I shall continue to play with it but dissappointed so far

Soldato

However, the colours are nothing in comparison to my 20WGX2 - I was shocked. They look washed out to me.

let it warm up, and get the brightness turned down

Associate

Hello mate, could you set a white background and take a picture of the desktop with a camera/phone and post it? I am just curious to see if there is any tint or not.
thanks.

Associate
Hello mate, could you set a white background and take a picture of the desktop with a camera/phone and post it? I am just curious to see if there is any tint or not.
thanks.

How do I insert a photo - i thought I knew but apparently I do not

IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:
Associate
There is some tinting on that screen you can see it from the photo, green on the left that gradually shifts to pink on the right, anyway as long as you are happy with it that's all it matters.

Associate
There is some tinting on that screen you can see it from the photo, green on the left that gradually shifts to pink on the right, anyway as long as you are happy with it that's all it matters.

Wish you hadn't said that lol.

Well I have given up on dual display.

I have tried everywhich way to get it to work with my old NEC to which this, so far, does get close.

I get black and white on the Dell using the display port and wghen using DVI for both,while the secondary display is detected correctly - no DVI signal.

Any suggestions welcome.

But lets run it in.

Soldato
I wouldn't put too much stock in that photo, It's a poor quality snapshot. If you can get a higher quality snap head-on from a good viewing distance of a full grey screen on a tripod or something (a bit long) it would be better.

(Or, if you just can't see it in normal use, it's not there!) Don't let the Internet make you think there is a problem with your screen. You'll find problems with anything if you look hard enough.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, mine turned up today (A01 on the box) and I'm actually quite impressed! I wasn't expecting the colours to match the vividness of my 20WGX2 due to the reflective Opticlear coating that adds to the colour but having played about with it I'm happy. I can't see any tinting personally and have no desire to go looking for it, IMO this screen is sweeet! lol!

Anyone considering this screen - I'd recommend it. No offence to OCUK, but shop around. I saved about £80 by looking. Although I would normally buy from OCUK!

Also, compared to the 2408 I use at work the colours on the U2410 look more natural. I find the 2408 a little over powering, the reds are a bit too red etc but this screen seems to have a very nice balance. Does anyone have suggested settings for the various modes? Would be interested in trying them out!

Last edited:
Associate
Well, mine turned up today (A01 on the box) and I'm actually quite impressed! I wasn't expecting the colours to match the vividness of my 20WGX2 due to the reflective Opticlear coating that adds to the colour but having played about with it I'm happy. I can't see any tinting personally and have no desire to go looking for it, IMO this screen is sweeet! lol!

Anyone considering this screen - I'd recommend it. No offence to OCUK, but shop around. I saved about £80 by looking. Although I would normally buy from OCUK!

Also, compared to the 2408 I use at work the colours on the U2410 look more natural. I find the 2408 a little over powering, the reds are a bit too red etc but this screen seems to have a very nice balance. Does anyone have suggested settings for the various modes? Would be interested in trying them out!

What settings are you using?

Associate
I'm tempted by this screen but am concerned by the lack of calibration options in "game mode". What options do you have access to when you select this preset?

From a quick look contrast an brightness but the full settings you create for a custom mode are also used in the special modes - I think

Back
Top Bottom