Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Depending on what is hurting/sore/whatever, have a look at Quadratus Lumborum or whatever it's called.

My physio broke me with elbows when he was investigating some back pain I had a couple of months ago...

Shall look it up

You could do the stretch where you lie on you back with your arms out like a crucifix, and alternately raise each leg across your body to the opposite hand. Is that called the crucifix?

A little bit of band distracted anterior hip stretching will help too.

Er, I lay on my back, and pull one knee over my body to the other side of the floor, that cracks it nicely and lessens the tension?

Shall look up your last quantum theory stretch as well, as I have no idea what that is.

9BBQpWi.png

lols

Couch stretch with band up in your groin pulling your hip forward.

The crucifix should be more about nice gentle mobilisation of the tissues. If your lumbar cracks then fine, but you should be aiming to SLOWLY swing your foot higher and higher towards your hand over the course of 10-20 reps.

Shall do that Ice :)

That's pretty much the only thing that sorts it.

Think I will try that myself tonight.

I must admit I find the whole stretching/mobilising thing a bit daunting... knowing what to stretch, what not to stretch, when, when not, how... we're not stretching, we're mobilising... it feels like stretching... :confused::eek::rolleyes:

Not a great bro down regarding PBs for me, still, onwards and upwards.

Dead lifts: started on these, sgowed steedie how to break a womans pelvis with the manifold thrust, he mired. Worked up to 160kg, this felt heavy, decided to try 180....nope :(

Bench: worked up to my current PB, 70kg, tried for 75kg....failed.

squats: Nothing amazing, worked up to 100kg which felt comfortable, did a 110kg, some work to be done before PBs here.

PP: Matched my 50kg PB here, it'll do.

Then I got some Snatch loving from Nick, good fun, thought id have no coordination but didn't do too badly. My traps will hurt tomorrow.

EDIT: Bench fails

Last edited:
Monday 20th Jan: Chest
  • Bench: bar x 10, 30kg x 10, 40kg x 10.
  • Bench WS: 3 x 8 x 47.5kg (DS: 40kg x 12)
  • Inc. DB Bench: 3 x 10 x 18's (fubarred shoulder :()
  • Rope Pull down: 3 x 15 x 18kg
    - S/S with -
  • V-Push down: 3 x 15 x 18kg
  • Pallof press: 3 x 10 x 14kg
    - S/S with -
  • Planks: 3 x 30s

IN. Pleased with bench press, went really well, need to concentrate on keeping my shoulder blades down and pinned, they keep rising.

Incline bench, the reps feel fine, it's pushing it from my shoulders yet again which hurts my right shoulder, SO annoying. Might stay at 18kg next week to see how it feels (can't see this being a major problem as bench will be going up)

Triceps fried after that work. Dat core doe, dead.

Last edited:
Tuck? eh?

I found decline more shouldery to be honest however I'm willing to give it another go, I just didn't like the movement. I'm going merely by what the physio I've seen has told me, generally Incline causes less issues, although right now it's just the initial push from the shoulder that hurts it.

Tuck? eh?

I found decline more shouldery to be honest however I'm willing to give it another go, I just didn't like the movement. I'm going merely by what the physio I've seen has told me, generally Incline causes less issues, although right now it's just the initial push from the shoulder that hurts it.

It's well explained in Starting Strength, check the FB group I uploaded the ebook at some point.

You can feel it just by mimicking the various shoulder angles and doign a fake press just stood up. Pretend to bench press incline/normal/decline and notice the superior pec activation with a decline position.

Briefly mentioned in wiki but much better explained in the book.

SSWikia said:
Angle - a bench press can be performed on an incline, on a decline, or on a stabilizer ball. The incline-version shifts some of the stress from the pectorals to the anterior deltoids and gives a greater stimulus to the upper pectorals, whereas the decline allows more weight to be lifted while using nearly the same musculature as the traditional bench press.

Bru y u no decline bench. It's much less shouldery especially if you have a good bit or powerlifter style tuck.

Tuck? eh?

I'm not really a fan of decline bench, perhaps I perform it wrong but I find I am weaker than on the flat. Could just be I use a lot of pec minor in my flat bench.

I can relate when Delvis says it feels more shoulder as you have the forces through the humerus working against the top of the shoulder rather than the back.

I would have thought a heavy decline bench is more taxing for scapula retraction and lat positioning than flat/incline.

Bru, don't show me stuff like that I might try it.

On a serious note, is my thinking of gash external rotators a potential cause?

Sure... I can imagine tight external rotators causing all sorts of misery for pretty much anything shoulder. Particularly if you aren't controlling your scapulae (?!) correctly when putting that whole motor chain under stress.

Which is why I don't like benching. :)

Snatching? Fine. Yes. I am weird.

Sadly I need to bench for dat der aesthetic look.

I'll look up and hammer them big time, even more so than im already doing...Hopefully I get my rumble roller for my Birthday, although it doesn't seem that way at the moment

We covered external rotators a long time ago.

Work them, but they will continue to be ineffective while your pec is pulling your shoulder out of position.

We covered external rotators a long time ago.

Work them, but they will continue to be ineffective while your pec is pulling your shoulder out of position.

Aye I'm just trying to understand my glorious body. They seem to be in a fight with one another.

Do you know what I hate most? It's the fact I can't feel my pec being tight, whereas I can feel my external rotators are tight, so tight I could play them like a violin.

Halp. Plz.

Plz.

Back
Top Bottom