Monday 27th January: Chest
  • Pallof Press: 3 x 10 x 18kg
    -S/S with-
  • Planks: 3 x 30s
Extras
  • Crucifix x 8 (each side)
  • Kneeling Thoracic twist: many each side
  • Pec wall stretch: two positions each side

Awesome, pleased with Bench, felt tasty and I might have found the sweet spot, just need to remember what that is next week.
<3

Look at all of these guys!
I don't give out certificates for turning up, you big jessy. ;)
<3

The opposite hand? Try to keep it on the ground. You're trying promote movement in your t-spine while mobilising all kinds of other tissues. Only move your foot as high as your mobility will allow.

The opposite hand? Try to keep it on the ground. You're trying promote movement in your t-spine while mobilising all kinds of other tissues. Only move your foot as high as your mobility will allow.

Er, yes, so if I put my right foot over my body, my right hand would rise.

I'll drop my foot a bit then see if that helps, weirdly my left side is worse =/

Tuesday 28th January: Legs
  • Squats: bar x some, 40 x some, some, 50 x 8 (my right knee twanged on the first rep =/)
  • Squats: 60 x 8, 70 x 8, 80 x 2 (paused)
  • BSS: 3 x 8 x 18's
  • Lunges: 3 x 8 x 14's
  • RDL: bar x 10, 70 x some, 3 x 8 x 92.5kg

Lawd, squats I hate you, I was moving a bit better today, then my right knee decided to have a fit on the first rep of 50. Did a couple of paused reps and I can see when I fail now, it appears to be when I try to push 'back' too much, if I watch the video the bar goes backwards, stalls, then once I correct myself it shifts....

BSS: hah, too about 5 attemps to do reps one and two, couldn't balance at all. Oh, and sacrum felt odd on the first few reps.

Lunges: right knee felt a little 'built up' as in it felt like it was surround by stuff =/

RDL's: while okay, I did feels these on my lumbar afterwards and had to lay down in a static crucifix stretch, seemed to help.

Basically, I'm at a loss, I'm going to continue hitting squats until I find the correct movement, ideally I need a day of squatting and that it as faffing about in the mornings trying to find a nice groove really eats in to training time. Probably best to sit them on the back burner until I loosen things up in the erector/QL area anyway.

EDIT: To note, my squat session today wasn't to shift weight, it was a session to see how they felt after last weeks issues

Last edited:
Maybe squat more often, especially if your trying to get a movement pattern right and ingrained. Once a week really isnt very often epecially when you break that down to 50-60 reps per session. Squat twice a week and you double that, and learning movements is all about time doing the movement.

Steedie would probably also eat you for not achieving anything whilst not changing routines.

It's the typical Delvis lose-lose situation (tm)!

Please go away, I'm training in the 8+ rep range in an effort to actually get size, unlike yourself I struggle to do this. So far, I'm enjoying it and making progress on most lifts.

Squats are something I'm trying to work on, I may need to change the rep range on them like I've had to for deadlifts, no idea.

Last edited:
Hai u guize, so I'm training in hypertrophy rep ranges, but seem to find my squats simply aren't working out for me in this rep range, and my movement pattern isn't good. I'll keep working at hypertrophy rep ranges, at a non-efficient weight to stimulate growth, in an effort to work on my pattern.

If you're trying to put on size you do the weight appropriate for the rep range. If you're trying to work on your movement pattern, you need to adopt a different approach. Don't get mardy with me when you've even said in your bloody reply to me that you might have to change rep ranges on squats?!?!?!?'vnvncnkwjajsjfnakd

Believe me, I'm not mardy.

Everything else is being trained in hypertrophy rep ranges, my legs are pretty knackered after the assistance work.

My point was, I'm not going to change to a strength specific routine just because one exercise isn't working for me.

The point of mentioning SL is not to change you to a strength routine, but one where you can Squat 3x a week. Do SL in hypertrophy rep range, do HST whatever the point is squat more often. I can't squat at all unless I'm doing it 3x a week my desk job removes the ROM in about 5 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom